Amla Juice for Healthy Hair
Indian gooseberry or amla is commonly known as a staple fruit in the Indian tradition for promoting healthy hair. It is a superfood rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, dietary fibre and essential minerals. Indian gooseberry (amla) is a subtropical fruit that grows in the temperate regions of India. The fruit is a powerhouse of amazing health benefits, especially when it comes to hair care. In this article, we are going to focus on the benefits of drinking Indian gooseberry juice for hair.
Gone are the days when women had to go for regular hair treatments at salons because the cuticles would become brittle with time. From slowing down grey hair growth to preventing dandruff and split ends, here are some of the ways in which Indian gooseberry juice benefits your hair without causing any harm.
The benefits of drinking Indian gooseberry juice for hair are:
- Prevents hair loss: Indian gooseberry has several benefits that are related to hair care. The hair problems that can be resolved by consuming amla juice include premature hair loss and hair fall as well because it is loaded with various nutrients like phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals that increase scalp circulation and thus prevents hair loss.
- Reduces dandruff: Consuming raw Indian gooseberry (amla) or drinking a glass of its juice every day can benefit your hair by fighting dandruff. This provides several benefits, such as promoting hair growth, preventing scalp irritation and dandruff and slowing down grey hair growth. Therefore, if you have been looking for an affordable way to fight dandruff, try drinking amla juice regularly.
- Prevents premature greying of hair: The benefits of Indian gooseberry are enormous. Indian Gooseberry is loaded with various nutrients which help us to keep fit and healthy. It helps in preventing premature greying of hair as it is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. It also helps to neutralize the body heat by rejuvenating the hair.
- Boosts growth of healthy hair: The high vitamin C content of amla juice is known to help with hair growth. Amla is a great source of antioxidants that help fight off free radicals that weaken the hair and scalp.
How to make Amla Juice for Hair?
- ½ cup of Amla
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon salt
- Rinse the amla thoroughly.
- Cut them into small pieces and remove the seeds.
- Blend the small pieces and pour some water if required.
- Pour the mixture into a glass and add some honey
- Add salt as per taste and mix well.
Drink this juice more than thrice a week for better results. The best time is to drink on an empty stomach if you do not have acidity issues.
Amla Hair Mask for Severe Hair Fall
Amla is one of the most effective choices to stop severe hair fall because Amla is enriched with minerals, antioxidants and amino acids that promote hair health. Deficiency of Vitamin C leads to hair fall and as Amla is a rich source of Vitamin C, it helps to fulfil the deficiency and induces new hair growth.
The free radicals aggravate hair fall and this is where amla hair masks come in handy. The antioxidant properties of Vitamin C in amla can block free radicals and thereby protect the scalp from damages.
Amla, Coconut Oil and Hibiscus Hair Mask
- Separate the petals of a few red hibiscus flowers and wash them properly. Grind them into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil and heat it in a container. Let it cool down and then add the coconut oil to the hibiscus paste.
- Then add two tablespoons of amla powder to the paste and mix well.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp in a circular motion using your fingers and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off using an SLS-free shampoo.
- Repeat this hair mask twice a week for better results.
Health Benefits of Drinking Amla Juice
Amla is a popular Indian fruit that has extensive health benefits as well. Gooseberry is often used in many traditional Indian dishes and is also highly valued for its medicinal properties. Gooseberries are rich in nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, potassium, manganese and dietary fibre.
The health benefits of amla juice include its ability in lowering cholesterol levels, preventing heartburn, reducing eye diseases like cataracts, and even controlling diabetes. Indian gooseberry has also been observed to enhance overall hair health.
Indian gooseberry comes from the tropical tree scientifically known as Phyllanthus Emblica. Its medicinal properties have been employed to treat various ailments like diabetes, diarrhoea, fever, vomiting, stomach ache and skin rashes.
Amla is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. It has a dark purple colour and is a common ingredient in Indian food. Amla has many health benefits along with an abundance of health-boosting nutrients that can keep you healthy, strong and happy. Amla is known for its ability to cure several skin-related conditions like inflammatory skin conditions, rashes, and pigmentation problems.
Indian gooseberry is one of the top superfoods that you can incorporate into your daily diet to promote long and healthy hair. Apart from your daily diet, you can also take it as a supplement or use amla oil as it has been found to promote hair growth in many people. It is high in vitamin C, which helps in the synthesis of collagen and elastin in the body, thereby helping strengthen your hair roots.