Amla mask for hair growth
Amla, also called Indian gooseberry or Indian amla, is a small, sour fruit that grows on an evergreen tree that is native to India. It has been used in traditional Indian medicine as well as Ayurveda for thousands of years in order to help with certain illnesses. It is a common ingredient in a lot of cooking as well. The ancient Indians have also used it as a natural remedy for hair loss and have applied it to the scalp. There are some health benefits that can be reaped by ingesting and applying amla into your daily lifestyle.
Amla is an Indian herb that has many health benefits. It contains carotene which can improve vision, it contains proteins that can boost metabolism and prevent overeating, it has astringent properties that can improve immunity, it has anti-ageing properties that can prevent skin damage, it has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce pain. Amla is also an effective tonic for hair.
Let me tell you why Indian gooseberries are so famous. Every single part of this fruit is beneficial for us. There are benefits of eating it and also of applying it on hair and scalp. So, let’s discuss the benefits of amla for hair and scalp in detail.
Benefits of amla for hair and scalp
Amla Hair Mask can stop hair fall
Amla is one of the most effective choices to stop severe hair fall because Amla is enriched with minerals, antioxidants and amino acids that promote hair health. Deficiency of Vitamin C leads to hair fall and as Amla is a rich source of Vitamin C, it helps to fulfil the deficiency and induces new hair growth.
The free radicals aggravate hair fall and this is where amla hair masks come in handy. The antioxidant properties of Vitamin C in amla can block free radicals and thereby protect the scalp from damages.
Amla Hair Mask Promotes Hair Growth
Amla is a nutritious herb that can treat damaged hair by promoting healthy hair growth. Regular application of amla hair masks can boost blood circulation in the scalp which ultimately improves oxygen supply to the hair cuticles. Vitamin C in amla helps to accelerate collagen production which helps to replace dead cells in the hair follicles with new healthy cells.
Amla Hair Mask Improves Scalp Health
To get healthy and shiny hair inside out, we will have to take utmost care of our scalp as well. Amla hair pack ensures maintaining the pH balance of the scalp and provides Vitamin C to prevent dandruff issues. The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of Vitamin C hydrates the scalp and soothes scalp dryness.
Amla Hair Mask can be used as a Conditioner
Amla hair mask works as an effective hair conditioner by nourishing and strengthening the hair. It also adds shine and volume to the hair. Regular application of an amla hair mask can be beneficial for oily scalp because amla absorbs excess oil from the hair and scalp while conditioning the hair at the same time. Amla hair masks can also prevent dry and frizzy hair.
3 Easy Amla Hair Masks to Try at Home
These amla hair masks are quick and easy to prepare. They have many benefits including the goodness of amla and other ingredients.
- Separate the petals of a few red hibiscus flowers and wash them properly. Grind them into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil and heat it in a container. Let it cool down and then add the coconut oil to the hibiscus paste.
- Then add two tablespoons of amla powder to the paste and mix well.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp in a circular motion using your fingers and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off using a mild shampoo.
Repeat this hair mask twice a week for better results.
- Blend small pieces of amla and add a handful of fresh curry leaves to it.
- Pour some water and blend again to prepare a fine paste.
- Apply this paste to your hair and scalp by gently massaging.
- Let it dry for two hours and then rinse it off using an SLS-free shampoo.
Repeat this hair mask twice a week for effective results.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of amla powder in a container and add some water to prepare a paste.
- Add two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and mix it well.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and scalp in a circular motion using your fingertips.
- Let the mixture dry for an hour.
- Rinse it off using a mild shampoo and repeat this hair mask twice a week.
Possible Side Effects of Amla Hair Mask
People with sensitive skin can get allergies by using amla. So it is recommended to do a patch test before applying an amla hair mask on your hair and scalp. Pregnant or breastfeeding women, infants and children should not use an amla hair mask before consulting a doctor.
To do a patch test, follow these steps:
- Mix 1/4th tablespoon of amla powder with warm water in a container and let the powder dissolve completely.
- Apply this mixture to the inside of your forearm and cover it with a bandage for 24 hours.
- If you see any redness, hives or other signs of irritation, we recommend washing the area immediately and discontinue using an amla hair mask.
- If you do not experience any side effects within 24 hours, then an amla hair mask should be safe for you to apply to your hair and scalp.
Amla is famous as the most potent natural hair loss treatment. Amla fruit has the highest concentration of Vitamin C which contributes to strengthening our hair follicles. Amla forms a protective layer around the hair roots and protects them from further damage.