The Easiest, Healthiest Way to Grow Your Beard Naturally with Beard Growth Foods
Facial hair is just like your scalp hair, they grow in stages and understanding it might help you maximize your beard-growing potential.
A fuller beard can take from 2 to 4 months to grow, as our facial hair tends to grow between 0.3 and 0.5 millimetres (mm) every day.
Several factors can affect the growth of your beard, but there are some lifestyle strategies that you can try to enhance your beard growth. You must read on to learn more about what influences beard growth and how you can grow it healthily.
Stages of Beard Growth
Before moving forward, you must know the various stages of beard growth. Once you stop shaving your beard, your hair may grow fuller and faster in certain areas, especially at first. You should be patient, though, as this is a normal pattern of growth for most guys.
- Stage 1: This stage lasts approximately a week. The amount of stubble at the end of seven days should give you an idea of how quickly or slowly your beard will grow.
- Stage 2: This stage covers the next 2 weeks and you’ll see a pattern of hair growth that will let you know if any patchiness can be expected.
- Stage 3: Stage 3 takes another 2 weeks, at the end of which you can expect to have significant beard growth. If you still are not sporting much facial hair by this time, a full beard might not be in your future.
- Stage 4: You have entered into your second month of beard growth. It is time when you would want to see a barber trimming it (if you want that groomed look) and defining the shape you want.
- Stage 5: From 2 months onwards, you can see slower beard growth. Now you can decide if you want to commit to the look and upkeep of a full beard or shape it in your style.
Factors that trigger your beard growth
Various factors affect beard growth, and we have mentioned them to you.
1. Beard Genetics
It is true baseline beard growth pace and beard growing potential are rooted in your genetics.
Some men can wait a month or two and have impressive full-grown and thick beards by doing nothing, while others can wait the same amount of time just to see scraggly or patchy beards growing out on their chin.
However, this does not mean that there is nothing you can do to grow a beard. There are several options that we have mentioned for you at the end.
2. Testo and DHT (Beard Hormones)
Testo and DHT are the two main male hormones and they regulate and stimulate your beard growth in harmony.
In many cases, higher Testo and DHT levels result in faster, thicker, better beard growth and conversely, lower levels of both hormones result in none to weak beard growth.
You can increase these hormones naturally, which is one of the main things that you need to focus on if you want to grow a beard to a formerly beardless face. And just to look at how insanely effective androgens are for facial hair growth stimulation
3. Androgen Receptors (Sensitivity to Beard Hormones)
The hormones have no role in growing any beard if they can’t enter the hair follicle cells and DNA first. And to do so they are required to bind with something called the human androgen receptor (AR).
Androgen receptors partly explain why Asian men often struggle to grow their beards.
The Eastern Asian and Native American genes have a higher content of androgen receptor copies, resulting in weaker sensitivity of the receptors overall and weaker binding of androgens from the blood.
4. Poor Circulation
Circulation of blood to the facial hair area – especially to the cheeks – is massively crucial for beard growth.
After all, you are supposed to be able to shuttle all the hormones and nutrients into the facial hair follicles to make them sprout hair.
How to Grow a Healthy Beard?
Even though beard growth depends heavily on your genetics and the factors mentioned above, we have mentioned some tips you can do to improve the facial hair you do have and encourage it to grow.
Here are six tips and tricks from the American Academy of Dermatology Association for growing a healthy beard:
- Wash your face: Dirt and germs can build up on your beard and irritate your skin, so you must wash your face and beard with a gentle cleanser every day.
- Don't touch your face: You must refrain from touching and stroking your beard to prevent spreading the dirt and germs from your hands to them.
- Use topical creams and oils: You can use beard growth oil, cream, or gel before shaving to avoid skin irritation.
- Moisturize: You can also apply a moisturizer immediately after washing or shaving to protect your hair and prevent dry, flaky skin beneath your beard.
- Apply sunscreen: During the stubble phase of beard growth, you can use a moisturizer with SPF 30 or higher to protect your skin from ultraviolet rays.
- Keep a comb handy: You must strictly use a beard comb to detangle and style your beard. You can also use the comb to spread the moisturizer evenly or comb out the hair when trimming with scissors.
Beard Growth Foods
A healthy, balanced diet that provides enough nutrients may be good for both your body and your beard. It is crucial to have a body mass index within the normal range since obesity has been shown to reduce Testo levels.
Other nutrients, including zinc, could help with Testo levels as well. A nutritious diet won't change your DNA, but it could encourage the growth of beautiful, healthy hair already on your head. consist of the following:
- Lean proteins like salmon and chicken
- Iron, including liver
- Entire grains and other nutritious carbs
- Zinc-rich foods include almonds and chickpeas.
- Wholesome fats, like those found in avocados
- Fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins A, C, D, and E, as well as those high in B vitamins, may all aid in hair development
Topical Treatments For Beard Growth
1. Mino-xidil will work for beard growth
Mino-xidil is a vasodilator which means that it widens and relaxes the scalp, widens the blood vessels, and provides a better blood flow into the scalp.
Mino-xidil makes it easy for blood to reach and spread all over the scalp, with better blood flow in the hair follicles it helps them to rejuvenate and grow at a faster pace. Mino-xidil does not stop Hair fall but it helps in hair regrowth.
The Beard Growth Serum - Mino-xidil helps treat hair loss and regrow fuller hair.
- This serum helps in quick beard growth and is clinically proven to regrow up to 25% more hair in 10-12 weeks.
- This Growth Serum attempts to help hair follicle action and hair protein creation, for beard growth.
- It is very easy to use and fits easily into your routine.
- The solution is alcohol-free and trusted by dermatologists all across the world.
- It also contains 5% w/v Mino-xidil and Excipients
2. Derma Roller for Beard Growth
Derma rollers have been pretty famous amongst women. But actually, these rollers work for both men and women. For years, women have been using derma rollers to fight several skin problems, the signs of ageing, scars, stretch marks, and hyperpigmentation.
If your beard is giving you the blues when it comes to dealing with hair loss, then derma rollers from Mars by GHC are excellent for helping you to solve a patchy beard.
- Promotes Beard Growth
- Nourishes The Beard From The Roots
- Improves Beard Strength
- Painless process
- Increase blood circulation
- Produces collagen
- Regrowth of dark and thick hair
You need to have some underlying beard growth as far as the effectiveness of using a derma roller for beard growth is concerned.
3. Beard growth vitamins
The Biotin tabs consist of several multivitamins which help in beard growth and improve metabolism. Biotin tabs include a total of 10 vitamins. The tabs reduce beard fall, improve beard health, promote beard growth, and make your beard stronger & healthier than before.
4. Beard Growth Shampoo
Mars by GHC Beard Growth Shampoo strengthens beard hair and assists in its growth. It is free from harmful chemicals (Parabens, Sulphates and SLS free). Daily nourishment and protection from breakage is the key to a healthy beard.
You can't grow a beard if you don't have the DNA for it. However, if you create the best environment for hair development, you should be able to smooth out uneven regions and thicken existing hair.
If nothing appears to be working, remember that styles change every few years. Soon, a smooth face will be fashionable again, and beards will be out of style.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Does shaving increase beard growth?
No, shaving does not impact the thickness, colour, or pace of development of your hair.
2. What vitamins are good for beard growth?
Biotin and Niacin B vitamins help for beard growth.
3. How do you activate beard follicles?
- Using beard oil. As part of your moisturising regimen, you'll already be doing this.
- By rubbing your face with any of the following natural concoctions: onion juice, mayonnaise, coconut oil, or lemon juice.
- Twice a day, massage your face for 10 to 15 minutes.