Home Remedies For Patchy Beard
Beards are considered the new six-packs by the Millenials. Nowadays there is an ongoing trend of growing beards among them and so we see a lot of men with some form of facial hair growth. So every man out there wants a well-groomed and fuller beard. However, many of them are not blessed with being able to grow a full thick forest on their face. And thus some of you might be facing issues following the beard as no matter how hard you might be trying, can get only a patchy or scraggly beard.
With a patchy beard, we refer to the disparate thickness of facial hair growth on both the cheek. In this article let’s learn about the home remedies to tackle the patchy beard.
How To Fix Patchy Beard?
1. Comb Regularly
Just like your scalp hair our beard also needs the proper cure. Combing the beard daily increases the supply of blood in the beard region and increases the growth of your facial hair which will help a lot in fixing the patches.
This is the most basic technique which you have to follow and day by day you will start feeling and noticing thickness in your beard.
It is recommended that you should comb your beard daily at least 2 times for about 3-5 minutes.
2. Let The Beard Grow (Not a Permanent Solution)
It is a common thought that shaving increases facial growth and fills the patches, but this is not the case as there is no such proven study.
So, you must let your beard grow and don’t razor it for about 1 month. In this way, you will see the direction of hair growth and where the patchy spots are.
After a month, you can trim your beard a little bit from cheeks and jawline to make things tidier and let the rest of the beard grow hassle-free. This will help to fix and hide the patches.
3. Castor Oil Massage
Castor oil is not only good for the hair on your head but it also helps in growing facial hair and this is a very effective home remedy to fix your scraggly beard easily.
How to Apply?
- You need to take castor oil according to your need and massage it
- You should do it daily for about 5-10 minutes in your beard region
- After the massage, you need to leave it for an hour and then rinse it off with mild water
You should massage it daily and you will start seeing the results within a month.
4. Onion Juice for Patchy Beard
We all know how beneficial onion juice can be when it comes to fixing hair loss. Similarly, this is also a solution for your patchy beard.
You should note that before applying onion juice on your beard region, test it on a small part to check whether your skin is allergic to it or not.
If your skin doesn’t show any reaction you can use onion juice without any risk. It is going to help a lot in beard growth and in filling the patches.
How to Extract and Use it?
- Firstly, take an Onion (if small take 2)
- Now, you need to cut it and chop it in a chopper
- Squeeze the juice and throw away the rest part
- Massage the juice properly on your beard and leave for about 15-30 minutes or more if you can bear the smell
- After that, rinse it off with normal water and soap/cleanser
If you want to see the quick results, you should apply it a maximum of 2 times a week for at least 1-2 months.
5. Coconut Oil Massage
There’s no doubt on the efficacy of coconut oil when it comes to fixing hair problems. This oil has been used since ancient times for different purposes and you will be amazed to know that it is quite effective in fixing the patchy beard.
How to Apply?
- You can take some coconut oil according to your need on your palm
- Now, rub it to make it a to make a bit warm
- Apply it on your beard gently and leave for an hour before you wash it off
- It has been proven that coconut oil is good for all types of hair and helps in increasing hair growth. So, you can apply it with full confidence and you will be happy with the results.
You can massage your beard with coconut oil daily for about 5-10 minutes for at least 1 month to start seeing the results.
6. Use a proper beard shampoo
You must take proper care of your beard by using appropriate beard washes or beard shampoo. Mars by GHC Beard Growth Shampoo strengthens your beard hair and assists in its growth. It is free from harmful chemicals such as Parabens, Sulphates and SLS free. Regular nourishment and protection from breakage is the key to a healthy beard.
7. Minoxidil Works on Beard
Minoxidil is only FDA approved for scalp use and not on the face, so this is one of the major things that you must keep in mind before you try using Minoxidil for your beard growth.
Several pieces of research on Minoxidil for beard has been going on for a while now and if you have made up your mind on using it then you should read this research paper. Minoxidil’s side effects are hard to avoid, when Minoxidil is used on the scalp people can face redness, dry scalp or itchiness which sometimes also goes unnoticed, but on the face, it would be very noticeable.
8. Microneedle Your Facial Hair Area
Derma rollers help in puncturing the scar tissue from within, this technique leads to superficial bleeding which alerts the body to heal the wound.
This process of Derma rollers leads to the following process in the body which helps in healing the scar and making the skin much more smooth.
- The skin releases substances that help in stimulating growth
- Helps in forming new blood vessels in the skin
- The skin starts to produce more collagen
For the next 5 days, the body produces collagen that is collected in the affected area and this helps in healing the skin and making it firm.
You can easily fix your patchy beard by using these remedies. But make sure that you consult your doctor before doing so.