Strengthen Weak Hair Roots
The hair root is the part that is fixed in the hair follicle. Hair roots are long tubular shaped outgrowths from root epidermal cells. They are responsible for the growth of hair. Clean hair roots will promote hair growth whereas clogged hair roots will result in hair damage and hair fall. Healthy hair has deep roots and a longer growth cycle. Sebum is also produced in these hair roots.
Due to various factors hair roots become weak, making the hair strands brittle which leads to increased hair fall and breakage.
Some of the factors of weak roots are:
1) Stress cause hair fall
If you suffer from depression or stress, hair loss will occur. Try to eliminate some stress by taking a break. Take a break from your stressful routine and keep your mind relaxed for a while. As stress is a environmental cause for hair loss you can also add Yoga or exercise to your routine to relieve stress.
2) Excessive use of heat products
If you use hair dryers or hair straighteners daily then your hair roots may get weak. Heat damages your hair roots and results in hair loss. It is one of the most common reasons, warm hair drying tools such as straighteners, hairdryers, rollers, and even heat from the sun will dry your hair. It is recommended that you better reduce using these heat exchangers completely and allow your hair to dry out alone with air. As we talk about the sun, you should always wear sun hats, caps etc..
3) Hormonal imbalance affects hair follicles
The hair cycle, as well as the structure of the hair follicles, is strongly influenced by various hormones. Androgens influence the hair follicles by depending on the location of the hair on the body. The main action of androgen in the hair follicle is said to bind androgen receptors to dermal papilla cells.
Change in hormonal level affects the growth cycle of our hair. Thyroid problems can also result in hormonal fluctuations that weakened hair roots and disrupt the normal hair growth cycle.
4) Unbalanced diet
Diet is very important to maintain the strength of the hair roots and promote hair growth. Not ingesting food which gives nutrients, proteins, fatty acids etc.. to body will not only affect your hair but also your health. You should take a balanced diet with all the macronutrients to prevent the weakening of the hair roots.
5) Use of Chemical-based hair products
Using hair products like sprays and creams which contain chemicals in a lot of quantity can give shine and lustre to your hair on short term but can cause serious damage to your hair roots if you keep using these products in excess.
6) Dandruff on Scalp
Dandruff causes itchiness and dryness and when we scratch due to the itching, that can cause some damage to our hair roots. Dandruff also causes a fungal infection which can weaken our roots.
7) Excessive brushing of hair
Some people believe that brushing your hair promotes hair growth but excessive brushing may lead to hair root damage and hair fall. Also avoid brushing wet hairs as hairs are weak when wet and you can loose some hair.
8) Tying wet hair into a ponytail
Never tie your hair up when they are wet. Your hair is weak when they are wet so pulling them up in a ponytail may cause hair root damage and hair fall.
Now let’s take a look at some of the solutions to prevent hair root damage.
- Avoid brushing your hair when your hair is still wet.
- Minimize the use of hairdryers and straighteners.
- Don’t bleach or dye your hair excessively
- Add biotin in your diet. Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin capsule that converts nutrients into energy. It plays an important role in preventing hair fall.
- Massage your scalp with essential oils. Your roots need to be exfoliated to increase blood circulation. Increased blood circulation promotes hair growth.
- Detoxify your hair roots with a mask once a week.
- Apply onion juice. Onion juice has sulfur which is good for your hair roots. It gives strength and support to them.
- Minoxidil solution can also be used as it prevents hair loss.
- Cover your hair with a scarf when you are going out because pollution can damage your hair. Also, protect your hair from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Exercise daily and take a shower right after your workout to prevent sweat from accumulating on your scalp.
If none of these work for you then consult a dermatologist. You can also check out our dermatologist recommended products to strengthen your hair and prevent it from falling at Mars by GHC website.