Easy And Natural Sun Tan Removal Home Remedies
Summer may not be everyone's favourite season of the year, but it is unquestionably the best time to take a vacation, unwind, relax, visit the beach, and soak up the rays. If you've recently gone on one with your pals or significant other, you'll understand what we're saying. You may have also noticed that your skin seems two colours darker since it is tanned at this time. And You might wonder how to remove sun tan from your face overnight. UV rays like UV A, UV B and UV C penetrate your skin and induce melanocytes to synthesize excessive melanin. Melanin is a pigment which gives colour to your skin and hair.
Home Remedies to Remove Sun Tan:
Here are some homemade remedies which will help you to brighten, lighten and de-tan your skin.
1. Cucumber :
Cucumber is widely used in skin-improving remedies.
- Grate a fresh cucumber and squeeze out the juice from it. Apply this juice to your skin and leave it for 15-30 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Alternatively, you can grind the complete cucumber and add little lemon juice if you want and apply this juice as a face mask.
2. Papaya Honey:
The papain enzyme found in papaya is an excellent de-tanning agent.
- Mash a handful of papaya and add some honey.
- Apply it to the face and neck. Let it rest for 20 minutes and wash it off gently.
3. Bengal Gram:
The popular Indian remedy for removing sun tan is Bengal gram flour and turmeric.
- Take a tablespoon of Bengal gram flour and add a few pinches of turmeric, a little lemon juice and curd to it.
- Make it into a thick paste and apply it on a clean face.
- Leave it for 15-30 minutes and wash it off gently.
4. Lemon and Honey:
Lemon is known for its bleaching properties whereas honey for moisturising skin.
- To use this face pack, take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and add little honey to it.
- Apply and leave it for 30 minutes and gently wash it off.
Note: Do Not apply lemon and go out. It might cause skin irritation.
Oatmeal and buttermilk: oatmeal is an exfoliator and buttermilk softens skin.
- To use this as a face mask, take 2 tablespoons of soaked oatmeal and add 2 tablespoons of buttermilk to it.
- Add a teaspoon of honey which is optional and mix it evenly.
- Apply this mixture evenly to your skin and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
5. Potato Juice:
Potato juice is a good bleaching agent and can lighten sin as well.
- Peel off a potato and apply the juice to canned areas such as the face, neck, hands and feet.
- Leave it for 15-30 minutes and wash it with cold water gently.
6. Yogurt and Tomato:
The anti-oxidant-rich food, tomato and lactic acid-rich yoghurt are good skin lightening.
- To a cup of tomato juice add 2 tablespoons of yoghurt and apply it to your skin.
- Let it rest for 15-30 minutes and wash it off gently with cold water.
7. Treatment Options:
Apart from numerous home remedies to remove tan, there are a few cosmetic treatments available as well which can reduce tan significantly but might cost you a few more bucks.
8. Chemical Peels:
- This treatment removes the outermost layer of skin which contains mostly dead cells that have accumulated.
- They use compounds such as salicylic acid, lactic acid, glycolic acid or trichloroacetic acid.
- Based on the concentration and intensity of results, chemical peels can be categorized as superficial peel, medium peel and deep peel.
9. Laser Toning:
- It is a process done by a dermatologist who uses lasers to break down the melanin pigments in the skin.
- The laser lights convert lig into heat and target melanin.
- This treatment does not harm other tissue.
10. Tan Removal Cream:
There are many tan removal creams available online and on the market these very effective days. Exfoliators with walnuts or cocoa are good for exfoliation.
- The removal of dead skin cells which have accumulated amounts of melanin pigments.
- There are two types of microdermabrasion, namely crystal microdermabrasion and diamond tip microdermabrasion.
- Crystal microdermabrasion involves using a spray to remove dead cells through a wand whereas diamond-tip microdermabrasion involves s direct use of an applicator.
Ingredients which can lighten skin
Here are a few ingredients which improve skin condition and remove sun tan.
1. Vitamin C:
Vitamin C acts s a tyrosinase inhibitor which reduces melanin production by blocking the g tyrosinase enzyme which is responsible for melanin production.
Vitamin B3 or niacinamide helps in removing tan by preventing nearly half or more than half of the melanin pigments from reaching the skin.
3. Kojic acid:
Kojic acid inhibits the synthesis of melanin and makes your skin lighten in colour.
Roots of liquorice consists of liquidity, and glabridin which prevent sun tan and also help in sun tan removal.
5. Anti-oxidants :
They prevent cell damage due to free radicals and also prevent oxidative strain in cells. Foods like green tea, tomato etc are rich in anti-oxidants.
How to Prevent Sun Tanning
- Use sunscreen lotions mandatorily before stepping out, especially in summers
- Use a minimum of SPF15 for skin protection but during summers it is recommended to use at least SPF 50 for good protection.
- Cover yourself properly during day time
- Wear breathable cotton clothes
- Avoid going outdoors between 10 am3 pmpm, especially in summer.
- Drink lots of water and hydrate yourself
- Avoid wearing dark coloured clothes and wear light coloured clothes.
- Apply sun tan removal cream if you get tanned or before stepping out in the sun.
The first and most effective approach to removing a tan is to protect your skin from damaging UV radiation. Tans normally fade on their own when your skin loses tanned skin cells and replaces them with fresh ones. If you wish to lighten the look of your skin, you may use treatments, tan removal products, or simple home remedies. Aside from them, maintain a regular skincare regimen and consume nutritious, healthy meals to keep your skin healthy and shining.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is sun tan on the face permanent?
Sun tanning is temporary since the skin exfoliates on its own. This results in the peeling of the tanned skin. Skin that is no longer needed is shed and replaced by newer, healthier skin.
2. Which treatment is best for tan removal?
- Chemical Peels
- Laser Treatment
- Hydrating Skin
3. Which scrub removes sun tan?
Papaya brightening scrub, Coffee scrub remove sun tan.