Want to lose weight? Know the Benefits of Morning Walk in Nature
Walking surely is not the fastest method for losing weight. But if you are all stuck in your busy life and not a huge fan of going to the gym, then walking is the best method to keep moving and get closer to your target weight.
Moreover, walking is pretty easy to follow, since you can just start walking anywhere. But a little of it would not help you to shred the body flab and too much of it can strain your body. If you’re aiming to walk for weight loss, you should do it correctly and for the right amount of time. Nature walking also helps you to keep enjoying walking with your friends and family and also helps to lose weight. So it is a great idea to go for a nature walk.
Benefits of a Morning Walk:
- Feeling better.
- Reduce the chance of getting heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and some kinds of cancer.
- Clear your thoughts.
- Bring down blood pressure.
- Get more energy.
- Improve your memory and your risk of dementia will go down.
- Improve your emotional and mental health.
- Don't let yourself get fat.
How does Walking help in Weight Loss?
- Before we head to the main question let us understand how walking helps in weight loss. Walking is easy, fun, safe, acceptable and inexpensive exercise. Walking regularly is considered one of the safest forms of exercise known to man.
- It helps you in losing weight by burning all your calories. The number of calories that you burn while walking is dependent on how much you walk and at what speed you walk every day.
- It is believed that if a person walks at a common pace of 4 miles in an hour they can roughly burn 400 calories every hour. One can easily lose about 20 pounds of weight in less than 5 months only by walking.
How Many Steps To Take to Lose Weight?
If you want to lose weight, then you need to take about 2,000 steps in the average mile. Walking a mile burns about 100 calories. This would mean that your pedometer will help you keep track of your steps, how many miles you walk daily and how many calories you burn. It will also help you if you do not have much time to exercise. You can simply add more steps to your daily routine.
- 1 Mile = 2,000 steps and 100 calories of shred
- 1 Pound – 3,500 calories
- 1 Pound weight loss per week will be equal to 500 calorie deficit per day
If you want to lose 1 pound per week then you need to add 10,000 steps to your daily walking routine.
If 10,000 steps sound like a lot to you, then you can go through the ideas on how to fit all that walking into your busy day.
- You can choose to get off the bus early and walk the rest of the way home or to work.
- You can park your car further away from your destination and walk the extra distance.
- Instead of taking the car or bus walk to the station instead.
- Walk the children to their school.
Depending on the style or type of pedometer it might have some advanced features including keeping track of the number of pounds you lost and how many calories you burned.
This information helps you in tracking your progress by giving you a clear picture of what you have physically achieved during your walk session. According to the American Medical Association, wearing a pedometer or a fitness tracker is essential to long-term weight control and successful weight loss.
What is the best method to walk to lose weight?
You might wonder if there is a right way to walk. Walking is the easiest exercise of all because it requires no equipment and can be done anytime, anywhere. If you are walking at a brisk speed, you must aim to cover 1.5 kilometres in 15 to 20 minutes.
While walking, you should try to maintain the posture of the body. You cannot lean, walk heel to toe and maintain the walking pace.
If you cannot take out 60 minutes from your routine to walk in the park, then you can also choose to walk in your room or head to the grocery store. You can also go for six intervals of 10 minutes of small brisk walks. Once your body has achieved the right endurance, you can easily achieve the 300-minute goal to lose weight.
Types of walking techniques for quick weight loss
Brisk walking is typically understood to be a speed somewhat quicker than an individual's regular walking pace; however, this may vary greatly depending on the person and their fitness level. Quicker heart rates, more calorie expenditure, and even longer life spans are all benefits of brisk walking.
Many pedestrians who begin with brisk walking go to power walking as they seek a more strenuous version of the activity. Power walking features a quicker speed, which is sort of a jog, and employs strenuous arm swings to increase cardiovascular endurance and total-body strength. Mastering the heel-to-toe foot strike and the arms swing at 90-degree angles is the key to power walking.
Race walking is a timed competition in which contestants attempt to travel a certain distance as quickly as possible. Unlike running, one foot must maintain in touch with the ground at all times throughout the event to avoid disqualification. Stride length is sometimes decreased and hip rotation is accentuated to develop a straight-leg style to attain greater speeds.
This style of long-distance endurance walking concentrates on the marathon distance (26.2 miles or 42.195 kilometres) (26.2 miles or 42.195 km). While the run/walk strategy has been employed by many runners to finish the distance, many committed walkers also set this as a goal. While most marathons have a six-hour time restriction, some have extended it to eight hours to accommodate walkers. Marathon walkers prepare for the distance by gradually increasing their base mileage, putting extra emphasis on endurance, and keeping the same pace throughout their training.
How Often Should One Walk to Lose Weight?
It is recommended that you should walk almost every day of the week. If you can’t walk seven days, you should at least walk 5 days a week. Apart from this, it is also crucial for you to note not to skip more than one day in a row. As it is well known, that consistency is good for burning calories and for improving the body’s metabolism.
It must be mentioned that the total time you spent walking per week must be around 5- 10 hours. You can also go for some strength training exercises during the non-walking days.
How to Keep it Interesting?
We know and we admit that walking the same old track can become boring so keep your routine interesting by switching things around.
Outdoor Walk in Park-
You can walk outdoors at different parks, and different neighbourhoods and bring along music to enjoy, motivate and energize you to complete your regular walk.
You should not let cold winter weather hold you back from your daily walk. You can invest in a treadmill and place it in front of a window or television. You can enjoy viewing beautiful nature by glaring out the window during your routine or point the treadmill towards your television and savour every minute of your favourite show.
Get a Company to Walk-
You can also invite over a family member or friend along. Even if they are willing to join you only once a week, it is still a beneficial way to boost up your routine. However, sometimes these dedicated walkers will become bored with the same old routine, so do not let it happen to you.
You should keep it interesting and switch up your routine as much as you like.
Some Weight Loss Walking Workout Tips:
We have mentioned some tips on weight loss walking workout below:
- It is highly recommended that walking for about 30-60 minutes a day at 50% to 70% of your maximum heart rate is beneficial for weight loss.
- You may start by walking at a slow speed for around 5 minutes.
- You should stop and go for some stretches and flexibility exercises.
- Choose a brisk walk for 30 minutes.
- Cooldown and have 5 minutes of walking at a slower pace.
- Then, finally, finish your walking with some usual stretches
- If you want to take some supplements to enhance your weight loss process then you can visit our Mars by GHC website where you can purchase our Weight Loss Max product and get to know more about tips to lose weight.
With all these ideas and tips, you must be having a bit more knowledge of how much should you walk a day to lose weight. And now that you are aware of your answers why not stop wondering and start taking your steps towards weight loss?
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are the first signs of weight loss?
The first stage of weight reduction is when you lose the most weight and notice changes in your look and clothing fit. It often occurs during the first 4-6 weeks.
2. Which is the best morning drink for weight loss after a morning walk?
Apple Cider Vinegar! It is a well-known weight-loss morning drink. It may aid in the destruction of numerous dangerous germs, as well as lowering blood sugar levels and promoting heart health.
3. How many calories do you burn after a 30-minute walk?
You can burn 100-200 calories after a 30-minute walk.