Carrots and Beetroots
Beetroots and carrots are underground vegetables filled with nutrients and various vitamins. They are accompanied with various benefits for skin, hair and body. Beetroot is known to contain nitrates and pigments which help in lowering the body’s blood pressure and improve athletic performance of a person. On the other hand, carrots are described to be crunchy, tasty and loaded with nutrients. Let us understand the importance of making these vegetables a part of our diet.
- Beetroots are known to be a vital source of fiber which benefits the digestive system and reduces the risk of attaining a number of chronic health conditions.
- Beetroots increase the flow of blood to the brain and thus improve cognitive function therefore reducing dementia.
- Beetroot reduces blood pressure which in turn reduces the risk of heart attacks, heart failure or heart strokes.
- It also elevates athletic performance by improving the oxygen use.
- Moreover, beetroots also assist with weight loss. It is also considered a superfood because of high water content and low calorie count.
Benefits of carrots
- Carrots are loaded with fiber and antioxidants. They are also enriched with vitamin A which assists in fighting xerophthalmia which is an eye disease.
- The yellow, red and orange organic pigmentation in carrot and various other vegetables are known to have anti-inflammatory properties that bring down the risk of cancer.
- High fiber foods are known to improve gut health and carrots are abundant in fiber hence they should be consumed in a meal and included in diet for a better and healthy lifestyle.
- Carrots also contain vitamin K and small amounts of phosphorus and calcium which contribute to bone health and may therefore help in preventing osteoporosis, a bone disease.
Beetroot juice benefits
- Manages blood pressure:
One of the benefits of beetroot juice is that it can assist to decrease high blood pressure momentarily. The presence of nitrates in beets has been blamed by researchers. Nitric oxide in the blood arteries is increased by naturally occurring nitrates, which allows more oxygen to travel to your brain, heart, and muscles, decreasing high blood pressure.
2. Gives a glowing skin
When you're healthy on the inside, it shows on the outside. Beetroot juice is a powerful blood purifier, which is essential for beautiful, healthy skin. Beetroots are also high in Vitamin C, which helps to eliminate blemishes, balance out skin tone, and give it a healthy glow.
3. It is a great way to detox naturally
Beetroots are a one-of-a-kind source of betalains, a phytonutrient. These chemicals are well-known for their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxifying effects. Beetroot has long been regarded as a liver-protective diet. It works as a liver cleanser and aids in the removal of pollutants. It reduces fatty acid buildup and activates liver cells with the help of substances like methionine and glycine.
4. Help in boosting energy and stamina
Beetroot juice helps to open blood vessels, allowing more oxygen to flow throughout the body, making you feel more energized and active. This is perhaps why it's better to take it first thing in the morning to jolt your drowsy organs awake. It's been touted as a terrific workout drink and beneficial to athletes since it increases the flow of oxygen to the muscles, preparing them for the next stress.
Carrot juice benefits
- It improves eyesight
Do you remember your mother telling you to eat your carrots because they are healthy for your eyes? She was correct, and carrot juice is no exception. Indeed, lutein, zeaxanthin, beta carotene, and Vitamin C all play a role in preventing oxidative eye damage and lowering the incidence of age-related macular degeneration, according to a study.
- It helps in making skin glow
As we know, Vitamin C is quite a powerful skin care ingredient and is abundant in antioxidants that can elevate the collagen production within the body and also protect against UV damage. One serving of carrot juice is known to contain about 23% of the body’s daily needs of vitamins and nutrients.
- Helps in maintaining heart health
Carrots (and carrot juice) are beneficial for your teeth, according to any dentist, since they include Vitamin C and keratins, which have been shown in studies to help strengthen, protect, and repair tooth enamel.
- Helps in keeping liver healthy
Another interesting feature of carotenoids is that they have anti-inflammatory characteristics, which are thought to benefit the health of the liver—you know, the major organ that gets a battering every time you ingest unhealthy foods. Lutein, a carotenoid present in carrot juice, is one of several carotenoids that has shown potential as a treatment for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
How to make carrot or beetroot juice?
- Chop the vegetable and boil it for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Let the vegetables cool and strain the contents from the water using a strainer.
- Mash the boiled vegetables to extract the puree
- You are all done!
Carrots and beetroots are known to be rich in fiber and antioxidants. These vegetables are often used in beauty regimes and can provide great results. Consume one glass of carrot or beetroot per day for best results.