Benefits of derma roller
Derma roller is a great tool used for enhancing blood circulation in hair, beard, and skin if you are someone who wants to maintain healthy hair, beard, and radiant skin then the derma roller is your answer.
Derma rollers are also widely known as microneedles, regular use of them helps in circulation and boosts collagen production in the skin. Derma rollers are becoming popular day by day as they have shown a significant result in hair and beard growth.
Derma rollers were initially introduced for women to boost collagen, women dealing with acne and acne scars have seen a huge difference in their skin after using derma rollers but now they have also become popular since many people started using them for various reasons.
6 Advantages of using a derma roller
- Hair growth
- Beard growth
- Anti-aging skin
- Reduces acne scars
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases skin tone, elasticity, and glow
Do derma rollers actually work?
Yes, derma rollers actually work. Derma rollers are comprised of microneedles of varied lengths for various purposes. These needles when rubbed on the skin, improve blood circulation to those places and also encourage collagen production. This micro-needles concept is taken from the concept of micro-needling that is used in cosmetic procedures for various skin problems. While the actual micro-needling cosmetic procedure costs a ton, these derma rollers are less expensive and you can use them in the comfort of your home.
The main concept of the microneedle is to stimulate collagen production, by puncturing the skin using these microneedles and also for the skin to better absorb the serum or lotion applied. Today these derma rollers came into use and are used for skin, face, and beard and they do have visible benefits.
What is a derma roller good for?
As mentioned above, a derma roller is good for lot many things, it helps treat issues related to hair, beard, and skin. The main reason is it increases blood circulation to the applied areas and that in return also helps in collagen production. This helps strengthen hair roots and promotes hair growth, and the same for the beard growth too. And for skin, it increases the skin's elasticity, making you look younger by diminishing those fine lines and wrinkles.
How often should you use a derma roller?
The frequency of using a derma roller depends on various factors, such as the length of the needles, the condition of your skin, and your skin's sensitivity. Generally, it is recommended to use a derma roller once a week or once every two weeks.
If you have sensitive skin, you may need to use it less frequently, such as once every two to three weeks. Conversely, if you have thicker, more resilient skin, you may be able to use it more often, such as once a week.
It's important to follow the instructions that come with your derma roller and consult with a dermatologist or skincare professional if you have any concerns or questions about its use. Overusing a derma roller can cause skin irritation, redness, and even infection, so it's crucial to use it in moderation and with caution.
How to use a derma roller?
Let us now see how we can use the Derma roller at home, it is not a very tough process if you get the hang of it. Do not use the Derma roller without reading or knowing enough about it, do your research and see if it will suit your skin or not.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- The first step that you need to follow before you begin your Derma roller journey is to disinfect it. You can use isopropyl alcohol to disinfect it and soak it in for 5-10 minutes.
- The second step is to cleanse your face, use a gentle PH-balanced cleanser to clean your face, and provide a smooth base for the roller to work.
- The third step is not mandatory and may depend from person to person, if you have tolerance for the roller then you can avoid using a numbing cream but if you don't then we would suggest you find a mild numbing cream. Apply it on your face before going ahead with the Derma Roller.
- The fourth step is going ahead with the Derma roller, you can divide your face into segments so it is earlier for you to work. Use the Derma roller on each segment at least 6-8 times to make sure you are rolling in one direction. Repeat this step on each section of your face.
- The next step is to wash your face with water. Once you are done using a Derma roller do not use any other product right away as it may leave you with a burning sensation.
- Wash your Derma roller, disinfect it once again, and keep it in a safe place.
- Once your skin has settled down you can continue with your everyday skincare, using serums, oils, creams whatever suits you.
7 Derma roller side effects
Yes, there are possible side effects of using a derma roller, so it is always recommended to consult your healthcare professional before using a product for your skin, hair, and beard.
- Puss formation
Derma rolling is a great process to alleviate your hair growth, beard growth, and skin radiance but it requires practice and time. If you have the time to dedicate to this process then definitely give it a try. If you get an infection or rashes stop it immediately and consult your health care provider immediately.
Can I use derma roller everyday?
The frequency of the usage depends on the size of the needles and your skin type. If it's sensitive skin once a week is recommended. If you have a regular skin type then you can use it every other day and that too if it has shorter needles.
Are derma rollers safe?
Derma rollers are safe as long as you use them in the right way, optimum care is required when you are using a derma roller.
Can derma roller regrow hairline?
Yes, derma rollers help regrow hairline, when used in the right way and additional supplements like biotin gummies, and Minoxidil solution are taken.
How at-home micro-needling can reduce scars, spots, and lines. By Healthline, Apr 27, 2019.
Stay Informed, Stay Healthy!
Get the best of health & wellness with our brands - Mars & Saturn. We believe in providing evidence-based, quality products & services that positively impact your personal well-being. That's why we've put together a team of experts to create informative & educational content related to various health topics. From skincare tips & advice on sleep habits to the latest news on sexual performance & personal hygiene, we strive to keep you informed & equipped with the knowledge you need to live your best life.