Everybody is busy these days but that should not be an excuse to ignore your hair wash routines. There are so many rules to follow while washing your hair and you might wonder whether it is really necessary to wash your hair twice a week? Should you shampoo before conditioning? Which products should you use? Should you apply a hair mask on a regular basis or just once in 15 days? Well, before we get into all this, let's have a look at the role of hair care in our lives.
Hair plays a significant role in defining your personality. Hair also contributes to your overall personality. Thus, making it important that you take care of it with proper shampooing and hair wash. It is important that we have regular hair wash so that we can avoid hair damage and split ends. Also, healthy hair is a prerequisite for looking good. A healthy scalp will translate into healthy hair growth.
First of all, you should know that washing your hair with shampoo that contains chemicals like sulphates, parabens, etc should be avoided as much as possible. These shampoos are full of chemicals that can damage your hair and make it look dull and lifeless.
How often should you wash your hair?
Washing your hair daily will dry up the natural oils resulting in dry and dull hair. Therefore, washing your hair twice a week is enough. Washing your hair twice a week to remove the excess oils, dirt and grime that get accumulated on your scalp.
The secret of beautiful shiny hair is simple: healthy hair that looks good and stays voluminous, shiny, and fresh, needs to be washed in a special way. There are some rules that are mandatory for every person who cares about their hair health.
To help you understand the dos and don'ts of hair wash, today we are bringing you some healthy hair washing tips and how to do it the right way:
- Don't rub your eyes while washing your hair since it will make them red.
- Wash your hair twice a week because excessive washing can dry out the scalp and make hair rough.
- Use mild shampoos; if not, it can make the hair dry, rough and tangled.
- Apply conditioner only after shampooing. Conditioner should be applied on wet hair and not on dry hair.
- While you are washing your hair with shampoo, try not to rub it too hard and use a small quantity of shampoo, at least not more than 50 grams for long hair.
- Shampoos that contain chemicals are not always good for hair. In order to have healthy hair, you should avoid using shampoos that contain sulfate or silicon. While these chemicals make your hair shinier and smoother, they can also have adverse effects on the hair.
- As soon as you step out of the shower, use a cotton towel to pat dry your hair. Avoid drying your hair using a dryer because it causes breakage due to heat.
What is the Right Way to Wash Your Hair?
- Wet your hair thoroughly so that your shampoo can foam well.
- Take a small amount of shampoo and dilute it with water.
- Apply it to your hair from top to bottom.
- Add more shampoo if required.
- Rinse off all the shampoo after you are done applying and massaging.
- Apply conditioner on your wet hair by concentrating more on the ends.
- Massage for two minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
Which is the Best Shampoo for Hair Growth?
For proper hair growth, our hair needs the body’s natural oil, sebum, that can provide enough lubrication to the skin to protect it against friction. Shampoos that contain chemicals like sulphate and paraben can wash away the natural oil of your scalp, leaving it dull and lifeless. Sulphates can be very harsh on the scalp as well which can lead to irritation and itchiness.
Therefore, an SLS-free shampoo can help you in retaining the natural moisture of your hair so that it does not lose its natural shine and softness.
Hair Masks for Hair Growth
Regular application of hair masks can boost blood circulation in the scalp which ultimately improves oxygen supply to the hair cuticles. The free radicals aggravate hair fall and this is where hair masks come in handy. The antioxidant properties of different hair masks can block free radicals and thereby protect the scalp from damages and prevent dry and frizzy hair as well.
Hair masks made out of natural ingredients can be used twice a week for better results but if you have a lot on your plate, you can use a hair mask once a week as well. It might take a longer time to see the results but the efforts will be worth it.
Hair and scalp are sensitive parts of our body but we often ignore the importance of hair care. You should never compromise with your hair health and the best way to have healthy and fabulous looking hair is by taking good care of it.