Types of Egg Masks
Hair loss is a common issue for both men and women. There are several reasons behind hair loss. Shampoos, pollution, genetics, stress, and improper diet are just some of the main reasons behind hair fall.
In India, eggs are a part of everyone's diet because avoirdupois eggs are considered an ideal source of protein. Eggs are an excellent food for healthy and shiny hair. Eggs can help in reducing hair fall and promote hair growth.
Eggs have many health benefits, apart from their nutritional value, they also have miraculous medicinal properties that can help in curing some hair problems and also even prevent hair loss.
Eggs have the property of strengthening the hair follicles and nourishing the scalp. They provide essential nutrients to the roots as well.
Some people think that eggs are not good for hair as they contain high cholesterol but the cholesterol content in eggs actually helps in promoting the growth of hair and provides strength to it.
Eggs contain biotin and iron which work as a great conditioner for your hair. But the main ingredient which helps in strengthening the roots of the hair is cysteine, which is found in abundance in eggs.
Eggs can Cure Hair Loss
Eggs help in stimulating the hair follicles to grow faster and provide enough nutrition to the scalp so that the hair grows stronger. This helps in treating and preventing hair fall.
Eggs can Prevent Hair Damage
The yolks of eggs contain biotin, which can improve hair elasticity by hydrating them. This helps in preventing hair breakage and split-ends.
Eggs can Heal Damaged Hair and Add Shine to the Hair
Eggs contain a protein called keratin, which can cure damaged keratin gaps. These proteins can also nourish the scalp and hair follicles to make them look shiny and lustrous.
Egg Hair Mask for Dry Hair
One of the best protein treatments to do at home is to try an egg hair mask. As already mentioned, egg yolks are rich in proteins, vitamins like A, D, and E, fatty acids, etc. So these nutrients promote hair growth and prevent hair from falling.
When olive oil is used with egg, it helps in exfoliating the scalp and hair. It also darkens the natural hair colour and prevents premature greying. The properties of olive oil can help in treating dry and frizzy hair.
- Two egg yolks
- Two teaspoons of olive oil
- One cup of water
- Mix olive oil and egg yolks in a bowl.
- Add one cup of water and mix well.
- Apply the mixture evenly throughout your scalp using your fingers.
- After applying the mixture, wear a shower cap and leave the mixture on your scalp for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with an SLS free shampoo.
- Use this mixture twice a month to get the best results.
Egg Hair Mask for Oily Hair
Oily hair can be frustrating and it also blocks the pores, which leads to the development of acne and other scalp infections. Using an egg hair mask, you can remove the extra oil from your hair. This hair mask contains honey and olive oil, which have emollient properties that can cure acne.
- One teaspoon honey
- One teaspoon olive oil
- Two egg whites
- Mix eggs, honey and olive oil in a bowl to make a thick paste.
- Apply the mixture throughout your scalp with your fingers.
- Wear a shower cap and let the mixture dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your hair using a mild shampoo.
Egg Hair Mask for Growth and Thickness
This egg hair mask can help in making your hair thicker and stronger than ever. The properties of almond oil and coconut oil can literally bring life to your damaged hair.
- Two egg whites
- Four teaspoons of almond oil
- Two teaspoons of coconut oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl to make a fine paste.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and on your scalp.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes and then wash off your hair with cold water.
- Avoid using conditioners after applying this hair mask.
- Apply this hair mask twice a week for best results.
Egg Hair Mask to Prevent Hair Fall
This hair mask can prevent hair fall issues because it contains lemon and curd, both of which can strengthen the hair follicles and keep dandruff at bay.
- One egg white
- Three teaspoons of curd
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients together to mask a thick paste.
- Apply evenly on your scalp with the help of a brush.
- Let the mixture dry for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the hair mask with a mild shampoo and do not use conditioner.
How to Get Rid of the Egg Smell?
No wonder, these masks are great home treatments for all types of hair issues but one of the disadvantages that egg carries is its smell. So, we recommend you to follow these tips in order to get rid of the smell of eggs from your hair.
- Avoid using hot water to rinse your hair because hot water can trigger the eggs to cook after which it would be difficult to get rid of the smell.
- Use lemon juice or orange juice with cold water to rinse your hair. Both lemon and orange are acidic so they can clean the scalp thoroughly and leave behind a pleasant odour.
- Likewise, you can also use vinegar with cold water to remove the strong smell of eggs while washing your hair. Vinegar can control frizz and adds a shine to your hair as well.
Eggs are the most effective and one of the best natural hair loss treatments to stop hair fall and promote healthy hair growth.