The role of external solutions like skin care products is very significant in the search for radiant, healthy skin. But have you ever realised the potential of our internal ecosystem in doing wonders to our skin? Prebiotics is definitely not a new word for you. These are powerful natural compounds that can transform your skin from the inside out. This article serves as your comprehensive guide to everything you should know about Prebiotics. Read on more about Prebiotics, how it benefits your skin, what are prebiotics in skincare, prebiotics for skin, prebiotic ingredients for skin, are prebiotics good for your skin, how to use prebiotics in skincare, what are the skincare benefits of prebiotics, and how to incorporate prebiotics and probiotics in skincare.
What Are Prebiotics in Skincare?
Did someone ever tell you there are healthy bacteria in your gut, and they require food to sustain? If yes, you heard it right. Prebiotics in simple words are good food for good bacteria. This dietary fibre feeds the healthy bacteria present in your gut. Prebiotics are primarily plant-based sugar molecules and oils with beneficial carbohydrates that the skin's bacteria enjoy. For the "good" bacteria to maintain a healthy microbiome on your skin, these substances provide sustenance. Oat, rice, flaxseed, soy, glucomannan, and ginseng are among the often utilized ingredients in prebiotic skincare products. Prebiotics maintain the strength, smoothness, and health of your skin's surface as well as serve to promote general skin health and prevent indications of ageing. They also keep your skin's pH level stable. Prebiotic substances like Xylitol, Rhamnose, Glucomannan, Oligosaccharides, Inulin, and others may be present in skincare products.
Prebiotics for Skin
Just like how significant prebiotics are for the gut, they are also important when it comes to skin. While prebiotics provide sustenance for probiotics, which are good bacteria in the gut, they also help maintain the delicate balance of our skin’s ecosystem. This benefits the skin in a plethora of ways such as improving hydration, enhancing protection against environmental stressors, and strengthening the barrier of the skin. The unknown truth is that prebiotics work in harmony with the skin’s natural inhabitants, while also fostering a habitat that is conducive to a more resilient, clearer and glowing skin.
Prebiotic Ingredients for Skin
While trying to understand about Prebiotics, you may also want to know about a few prebiotic ingredients that you can look for in skincare products.
- Xylitol: Acts as a humectant to provide the skin with additional hydration.
- Rhamnose: Delivers anti-ageing benefits
- Glucomannan: Helps control acne
- Sugarcane or chicory root-derived inulin: Offers water-binding properties
- Alpha-glucan oligosaccharide
- Fructose and Glucose: offer properties that improve hydration
- Plant extracts derived from bananas, flaxseed, oats, barley, wheat bran, asparagus, and other foods.
Are Prebiotics Good for Your Skin?
Still wondering if prebiotics are good for your skin! Actually, you shouldn’t. The fundamental function of prebiotics is to keep your skin healthy and youthful. Many researchers have confirmed that prebiotics do wonders for your skin.
How To Use Prebiotics in Skincare
Now that you know what prebiotics do to your skin, are you planning to add them to your skincare regimen? If yes, you have made the right choice for your skin. Read below a few tips on how to incorporate prebiotics into your skincare routine:
- We know you have a to-go face wash in your skincare kit for sure. But what you can actually do when you buy another next time is to add a face wash that contains prebiotics. Apart from cleansing your skin, it is sure to provide you with moisturising benefits. Smooth and supple skin no longer will be a dream with facewash that comes with prebiotics. Use a face wash twice a day to balance the pH level of your face skin.
- The same formula goes for a body wash. Try incorporating a body wash that comes with prebiotics for improved skin health.
- Have you heard about prebiotic face serums? These are popularly available in the market and usually have both prebiotic and probiotic properties. They are good at maintaining the natural balance of your skin’s microbiome.
- Prebiotic-enriched skin boosters are something you can consider to strengthen your skin barrier and ward against dangerous external allergens. They also aid in preserving your skin's moisture and pH level.
What Are The Skin Care Benefits of Prebiotics
Now read about the multitude of benefits Prebiotics can give you:
- Balance microbiome
- Reduce redness and inflammation
- Reduce wrinkles and signs of ageing
- Keep the surface of your skin healthy
- Controls acne breakouts
- Calms irritated skin
How To Incorporate Prebiotics and Probiotics in Skincare?
Alright, if you have decided to incorporate prebiotics into your skincare routine, kudos. Having said all this, you may also consider adding probiotics into skincare. Including both prebiotics and probiotics can be a groundbreaking step towards achieving healthier and luminous skin. For this, you may start looking for skincare products that come with prebiotic ingredients. Products like prebiotic-infused moisturizers or cleansers, help nurture the skin's microbiome. You can also consider using probiotic skincare formulations containing live beneficial bacteria, such as lactobacillus or bifidobacterium. These probiotics can help restore the skin's natural balance and promote a more resilient complexion. Before you go for this, it is vital to take a slow step, by beginning gradually, if you have sensitive skin in order to allow your skin’s microbiome to adapt. A carefully curated regular skincare regimen combined with prebiotic and probiotic supplements can be very beneficial and can go a long way in promoting balanced, healthy, and glowing skin.
Does Prebiotics Help Acne?
Yes. Prebiotics play a vital role in reducing the acne.
What Are The Side Effects of Prebiotics?
A few side effects of prebiotics include unpleasant digestive symptoms, such as gas, bloating and constipation, headache, and increased histamine levels.
What Is A Prebiotic Serum?
Prebiotic Serum is a skincare product that has prebiotic nutrients to support a variety of skin flora and eliminate acne, redness, discomfort, and irritation before they even appear.
Embracing the science and practical applications of prebiotics in your skincare routine can be a game-changer. So, as you embark on your journey to healthier skin, remember that the key to unlocking your skin's true potential might just be found in the power of prebiotics. Your skin deserves it, and you deserve to feel confident and beautiful in your own skin.
Stay Informed, Stay Healthy!
Get the best of health & wellness with our brands - Mars & Saturn. We believe in providing evidence-based, quality products & services that positively impact your personal well-being. That's why we've put together a team of experts to create informative & educational content related to various health topics. From skincare tips & advice on sleep habits to the latest news on sexual performance & personal hygiene, we strive to keep you informed & equipped with the knowledge you need to live your best life.