Minoxidil topical solution is an FDA approved medication for High Blood Pressure(HTN) and Male pattern baldness (MPB).
Minoxidil is a powerful peripheral vasodilator that is considered an effective topical solution.
In combination with Minoxidil & Finasteride Solution, stimulates Hair Growth, and hence it is used for hair fall control, treating MPB (Male pattern baldness).
It is available in 3 forms commonly:
1.Topical solution :
- Minoxidil 2% Solution:- It is mostly used for the Female pattern hair loss but pregnant women are not suggested to use despite not having side effects
- Minoxidil 5% Solution:- Mostly used for the MPB (Male pattern baldness)
- Minoxidil 10% Solution:- Commonly used for the MPB-Male pattern baldness & Alopecia Areata.
For men with hair loss or thinning hair that begins on the vertex of the scalp. (MPB-Male pattern baldness).
(5mg/10mg/40mg/100mg) Mostly given in the BP (High Blood Pressure) cases.
How to Apply Minoxidil topical solution?
1. Take 1-2ml using a dropper or spray 5-6 drops as per the requirement and hair quantity.
2. Apply on a dry & clean scalp so that the absorption of the solution will be at a high rate.
3. Don't use gels or dryers on the hair while using Minoxidil topical solution as it may cause slight irritation or may interrupt absorption.
4. For the best results use it twice a day without fail regularly.
Response to the Minoxidil will be usually within 2-4 months depending upon the health condition, hair types and stages of male pattern baldness(MPB).
It works best in the early stages of male pattern baldness, for men aged between 18 and 40. For the best results use the solution regularly.
Click here to know more about Minoxidil:
Mechanism of Minoxidil:
- Enhanced microcirculation around hair follicles.
- Direct stimulation of resting hair follicles.
- Alteration of androgen effect on genetically programmed hair follicles.
Its vasodilation action expands the blood vessels. Therefore, when it is applied to the scalp, it helps to increase blood flow. This increased blood flow provides more nutrition and oxygen to the hair follicles, which prevents hair cell death and also enhances new hair growth & it works to treat your alopecia (hair loss).
If you are looking for better hair care products and supplements you can go for our products that help in preventing hair loss and promotes hair growth.
But if you are facing extreme hair fall so you should go for a health check-up or some tests:
- Complete Blood Count
- Cortisol levels
- Blood Sugar
- Lipid Profile
- Thyroid Profile
You can also check out our hair care product kit of minoxidil for better results at Mars by GHC website.