Vitamin supplements are increasingly associated with weight reduction. However, your crash diet or regular diet will not provide results unless you have the proper nourishment to preserve physical health. Fortunately, nature provides us with a tremendous resource in the form of raisins (Munakka or Kismis in Hindi), which not only aid in weight loss but also have several health advantages.
Raisins are dried fruit that is naturally sweet. It is said that raisins contain 4 elements namely, sun, rain, earth and air. They are mostly produced in California. The raisins are made by drying grapes and hence are classified as a dried fruit.
Raisins are made by drying wine grapes containing sugar and after pressing the grape juice. The seeds of the grape are kept intact to make dried grapes.
How to use raisins for weight loss?
The best way to use raisins for weight loss is to soak them in water overnight and consume them the next morning. This is because the unwanted compounds get dissolved in water and you can get all the high-value nutrients required for weight loss and quick absorption by the body.
- The raisin-infused water may help prevent a variety of ailments as well as assist in weight reduction.
- While cooking breakfast, you may mix it with oatmeal or cereal.
- To make a delightful, nutritious pudding or muffin, combine raisins with other beneficial seeds such as flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- Raisins may also be used to impart a sweet and tart flavour to salads.
- A modest cup of raisins for breakfast can provide you with the energy you need to tackle the day.
- Take a cup of raisins and boil them in 200 g of water.
- Soak the raisins overnight. In the morning, strain this water and warm it over a low flame.
- On an empty stomach, drink this water in the morning.
- Do not eat or drink anything for the next 30 minutes after drinking this water.
- Take this beverage on a regular basis for optimal benefits.
Black raisins for weight loss
Black resins are excellent for satisfying sweet cravings without adding additional calories. They are also high in fibre, which helps the body feel full for a long time with a tiny portion. They also aid in the regulation of blood sugar levels and the suppression of cravings, therefore assisting your weight reduction objectives.
Best time to eat raisins for weight loss
The order in which soaked raisins are consumed is important. As a result, the best time to consume them is in the morning, on an empty stomach. You may soak the raisins for 5-6 hours overnight.
Don't throw away the leftover water since it's also highly healthy. To get the health advantages of kishmish, consume it as is or reheat it slightly before gulping it down.
Are raisins good for weight loss?
Yes. They are good for weight loss. But according to several studies, raisins may help individuals lose or maintain their weight. However, they have a lot of calories in each dish. So if you want to prevent weight gain, consume them in moderation.
Raisins' high fibre content helps to promote satiety, helping you feel fuller for longer. It is a wonderful snack for anyone attempting to reduce weight. They are high in natural sugar and minerals like iron, potassium, and calcium. They are simple to include in the diet in order to enhance metabolism and accelerate the weight reduction process.
Raisins vs dates for weight loss
Using data from the 2020 USDA and NIH, we compared the nutritional value of dates and raisins (100g each) below.
Here is a short rundown of the key nutrients and variations between dates and raisins:
- Dates and raisins are both rich sources of potassium, dietary fibre, and calories.
- A date is a fantastic calcium source.
- Date has more pantothenic acid and folate, whereas raisins have more riboflavin.
- Iron is abundant in raisins.
Both dates and raisins contain a lot of calories. By weight, raisins have 7% more calories than dates (raisins have 296 calories per 100 g compared to dates' 277 calories).
Dates are comparable to raisins in terms of protein, carbohydrates, and fat-macronutrient ratios. The macronutrient ratios for protein, carbs, and fat from calories in dates are 2:98:0 and 3:95:2, respectively.
Dates and raisins are both rich sources of nutritional fibre. In terms of nutritional fibre, raisins and dates are relatively comparable; raisins provide 6.8 g and 6.7, g respectively, per 100 g
The raisin-infused water may help prevent a variety of ailments as well as assist in weight reduction. Raisins are high in fibre and help the body feel full for a long time with a tiny portion.
Do raisins help lose weight?
Yes. Because they are high in fibre, raisins improve satiety, allowing you to feel filled for longer. It is a great snack choice for those who are attempting to reduce weight.
What happens if you eat raisins every day?
Consuming excessive amounts of raisins might harm your digestive system since they can stop other nutrients from being absorbed. Additionally, they are heavy in calories and sugar, thus eating too many raisins daily might result in weight gain.
How many raisins can you eat on a diet?
Your daily raisin intake should be between 30-40 g. or around 8-10 raisins.