Makhana for weight loss
Makhanas or fox nuts are wildly famous for their taste and nutritional value, they are of the best free munching options available for you. A lot of people think eating makhanas will make them fat but this is certainly not the case, makhanas can help you in reducing weight.
Yes, you heard us, makhanas are not only great for weight loss but they have exceptional nutritional value making them great for your health and body. Makhanas are a rich source of manganese, potassium, magnesium, thiamine, protein, and phosphorus.
Today we will talk about some incredible ways in which makhana can be your best weight loss option.
Nutrition Value of 100gm Makhanas:
- Calories: 347
- Protein: 9.7gm
- Fats: 0.1gm
- Carbohydrates: 76.9gm
- Fibre: 14.5gm
- Total Lipids (Fats): 0.1gm
- Calcium: 60mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
How to eat makhana for weight loss?
This super nutritious snack is readily available in regular supermarkets. So consuming makhana for weight loss needs some process. Makhana needs to be consumed in mid-day, as a snack. It keeps your stomach packed and eliminates your hunger pangs. As hunger pangs are the only threat to our weight gain. As it is rich in fibre it keeps your stomach filled for a longer period, and even it makes you consume less at dinner. So prepare a roasted makhana and store it next to you after your lunch and consume it in fewer quantities whenever you get the hunger pangs. This way it helps you lose weight and also keeps you healthy. Makhan is available in different forms and you can also prepare a recipe yourself at home. You can buy the readily available snack at the supermarket, or else you can roast it yourself in ghee, add it to a salad, and also use it as a side dish in your meal.
Makhana is good for weight loss
A question that has been on almost everyone’s mind is “is Makhana good for weight loss?”, here is a detailed answer to why makhanas are great for weight loss.
- Reduces calorie consumption: Makhanas are low in cholesterol, immersed fat, and sodium. A normal serving of 50g dry simmered Makhanas has just 180 calories with zero cholesterol and soaked fat. Along these lines, lotus seeds assist with diminishing calorie consumption while offering fundamental wholesome benefits.
- It is safe and natural: One of the significant justifications for why increasingly more well-being-cherishing individuals are going to Makhana for weight reduction is because it is protected, dependable, normal, powerful, and safe to consume.
- It prevents fat storage in the body: Makhana is wealthy in complex sugars that work with the supported arrival of blood glucose, in this way diminishing the possibilities of fat stockpiling in the body. Food sources with high sugar content can cause glucose or insulin spike that hinders the course of fat consumption. Adding Makhana into your day-to-day diet can assist with keeping up with typical glucose levels and cutting down on fat capacity in the body. Accelerate your weight reduction interaction and lift your well-being with Makhana.
- It helps boost metabolism: Studies propose Makhana contains 16 sorts of amino acids that can assist with speeding up the calorie-consuming interaction. Protein in lotus seeds likewise advances hunger satiation, causing you to feel more full for longer. It likewise works on the metabolic rate and forestalls muscle misfortune. In this way, Makhana helps with getting in shape in a protected and viable way.
- Makhana satisfies craving: When you are on a brief training diet or quick to get fitter, you will more often than not feel hungry on a more regular basis. The outcome, you wind up adding more calories each time you attempt to put off your cravings for food. This isn't so when you eat a bowl brimming with simmered Makhana which is high in fibre. Fibre is a kind of starch that doesn't get processed without any problem. This causes you to feel full for longer, forestalling more calorie utilization. You can appreciate a greater part of Makhana yet monitor the calories. It likewise helps support your energy levels and helps in fat misfortune.
Not only for weight loss, but makhanas are also exceptional to keep our heart healthy, but they also help in detoxifying the liver by eliminating the body’s waste. Makhanas are also suggested to people with diabetes, it is also great for your bone health and density. Overall makhanas are a hit, they are a complete package of wellness.
Best time to eat makhana for weight loss
The best time to eat Makhana, especially if it is for weight loss is during the evening snack or afternoon snack. You can also consume it before having your meal so that your appetite can be reduced. You can also add it to your meal so that your stomach gets full easily. And you take it as a soup, generally, a soup decreases appetite, and a soup with a combination of Makhana plays a good role. Makhana is high in nutrients, so even though food consumption is reduced, calorie intake is easily replaced.
2 Makhana recipes for weight loss
After talking about why and how makhanas help in weight loss, let us now get into some delicious makhana recipes.
1. Spicy makhana
- Makhanas - 3 cups
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Red bean stew powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chaat Masala - 1 tsp
- Dark pepper - ½ tsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Heat a few ghee and dish the nuts for around 10-12 minutes over low hotness. Continue to mix.
- Add every one of the flavours. Switch off the fire.
- If fundamental, add more Chaat Masala. Blend well.
- Store in a hermetically sealed compartment
2. Makhana tikki
- Medium potatoes - 2 cooked and crushed
- Fox nuts - 1 cup
- Green peppers - 2, finely hacked
- Broiled peanuts-2 tablespoons, generally squashed
- Coriander leaves - a small bunch, finely slashed
- Fennel seed powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Chaat Masala - 1 teaspoon
- Cooking oil - 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Dry dish fox nuts in ghee until they are fresh. Grind them coarsely.
- Put the coarsely ground Makhanas, pureed potatoes, and the other fixings in a bowl.
- Blend well. Change the salt and flavours as you would prefer.
- Make round or oval patties. Shallow fry in a non-stick container or prepare in a broiler, until the two sides are brilliant brown.
- Present with ketchup or pudina chutney.
Makhanas are great for your overall well-being and should be added to your everyday diet. We hope you liked the information we shared above, if you are not a big fan of makhanas then you can try out the recipes we have mentioned above, we are sure they will be a great way to incorporate makhanas into your diet.
Does makhana reduce belly fat?
Makhana is rich in fibre content, and as result, it is useful in reducing weight and fat loss. It also flushes out toxins.
How many makhana should I eat daily?
You can eat up to 2-3 handfuls of Makhana a day, or else you can also add it to your salads and curries as a side dish.
How many calories are there in 1 makhana?
Usually, in 100 grams of Makhana there exist 250 calories, so that comes down to 20-30 calories for one makhana.
How to use Makhanas in the weight loss journey? By Nummy Kitchen, Sep 5, 2022.
Makhana for weight loss. By Phablecare, Jun 28, 2022.