Benefits of Sandalwood Powder for Skin
Sandalwood powder is used for several purposes and has a number of benefits. It is used in Ayurveda to detoxify the body, and can also be used as an important ingredient in cosmetics.
Sandalwood powder for skin is a natural way of treating acne scars, wrinkles and pimple marks. It also helps in making the skin luminous. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of sandalwood powder with lemon juice and rose water. Apply it on the face & neck and leave it overnight. You will see a significant difference in your skin tone in just 10 days.
A toner prepared with sandalwood powder is great for removing excess oil from your face and keeping it hydrated. Mix one teaspoon of sandalwood powder with an equal amount of rose water in a small bowl to get a soft paste-like consistency. Apply it on your face using cotton balls and cleanse your face thoroughly after 10 minutes. You can also prepare a scrub using sandalwood powder for glowing skin. Mix two teaspoons of sandalwood paste with one teaspoon of honey to get a thick paste-like consistency.
Benefits of Sandalwood Powder for Pimples and Acne
Sandalwood powder is extracted from the heartwood of the tree. It is used in medicines, cosmetics and perfumes because of its pleasant fragrance. The powder is yellow-brown or red-brown in colour and usually comes in powdered form. The powder has a calming effect on the whole body, its cooling energy offers relief from stress and tension, it also helps in maintaining healthy blood circulation.
Sandalwood powder works wonders on the skin and can be used on cuts and burns to reduce inflammation, scarring and pain. The sandalwood powder can be mixed with any carrier oil (like coconut oil) to make an effective face pack for oily skin.
Sandalwood powder is found to be an effective remedy for pimples and acne. By using this paste, you can get rid of pimple marks with the natural properties of sandalwood without any side effects.
- Grind sandalwood to make a fine powder. You can also use sandalwood powder available in the market.
- Mix a few drops of sandalwood oil (available in the market) with the sandalwood powder and make it a fine paste.
- Apply this paste to your face and hairline where you have pimples or acne.
- Let it dry for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with plain water and then pat dry your face with a clean hand towel.
- Do not apply cream or moisturizer on your face after washing off the sandalwood paste.
- Use this at least twice a week for about 3 months for better results.
Sandalwood powder is an age-old remedy for acne and pimples. The powder is used as a face pack and is also used as a regular massage oil to get rid of acne and pimples. The properties of sandalwood powder are excellent to treat pimples effectively. Sandalwood powder helps in removing the dark spots, scars, blemishes and acne marks.
Sandalwood powder is also good for skin rejuvenation. It helps to cleanse the pores and removes excess oil from the skin. It also helps to clear dead cells and dirt from your skin pores and makes your skin smooth and healthy. It also removes dryness from your skin.
Beauty Benefits of Sandalwood Powder
Sandalwood powder is one of the most popular ingredients in cosmetic products, particularly for those who want to maintain healthy hair and skin. And, it isn’t just women who love the sandalwood powder beauty benefits; men are beginning to use the powder to create an effective skincare routine.
Sandalwood is another name of Chandan which is used for medicated baths for various skin issues, for example, psoriasis, acne, atopic dermatitis and other skin rashes, hair loss and dandruff.
There are several kinds of sandalwood trees used for different purposes. The main genus is santalum and belongs to the same family as mistletoe. Other important varieties include white sandalwood, Australian sandalwood, Indian sandalwood, Hawaiian sandalwood, red sandalwood and Fiji sandalwood.
Sandalwood powder has been used since ancient times for its aroma and medicinal properties. Here are the top benefits of sandalwood powder for hair:
- Sandalwood powder is rich in antioxidants and is known to promote hair growth. It can be used in the treatment of baldness, dandruff, premature greying and dry hair. The powder when used with henna, gives your hair a rich, natural shine and lustre.
- It helps prevent hair loss.
- Hairsprays made from sandalwood powder helps in treating itchy scalp which often accompanies dandruff.
- The powder mixed with henna gives a beautiful dark red shade to your hair. It also helps to reduce the intensity of your scalp's colour so that it matches the rest of your hair giving you a more flattering shade.
The sandalwood powder for skin whitening is used in many beauty products such as face packs, body butters, facial cleansers etc. By using sandalwood powder you can make your own DIY face pack which helps to prevent pimples, acne and blackheads from your face forever.