A Solution for Hair Loss: Try Biotin!!
Hair fall is such a common problem nowadays that there are many treatments and solutions for it. There are different surgeries and medicinal treatments that are opted for by people who are suffering from hair loss and other problems. Hair loss can happen at any age and due to any reason so most treatments are available for all age groups.
Most people rely on a natural way to prevent hair fall. They avoid the usage of English medicines and surgeries. Sometimes our body only requires some essential vitamins or nutrients for the growth of the hair and to prevent hair problems.
Our hair is made up of a protein called keratin. It is responsible for the texture and structure of our hair. Individuals must take adequate protein for the health of their hair.
Nowadays people are relying a lot on a product called biotin.
If you are someone who is facing severe hair loss due to androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness then you should look for our Medicated Anti-Hair loss kit designed by our dermatologist which includes:
- Mino-xidil 5% topical solution - Increase nutrition flow on your hair.
- DHT blocker shampoo- To strengthen and nourish your hair.
- Phi-nasteride tabs- Block Harmful DHT levels on your scalp.
- Biotin tabs for hair or biotin gummies for hair.
What is Biotin?
1) Biotin is a vitamin B water-soluble vitamin that is helping to convert food into energy. Many people add these biotins as a daily dose in their diet just to take some extra vitamins.
It is an essential nutrient that is naturally present in some foods and dietary supplements.
2) Biotin improves your body’s keratin infrastructure. It has an important role in hair growth and skin care.
3) Biotin can be found in eggs, milk, and bananas.
4) It works as an enzyme in our body and provides energy and hence grows hair, nails, etc.
5) Most of the time it is used for treating alopecia areata.
The Link between Biotin and Hair Growth
Biotin, often known as vitamin B7, is crucial for proper cell function. Lack of it may result in thinning hair, rashes, and brittle nails. Commercial biotin has become more popular due to claims that it promotes healthy hair and nail development. Biotin is often promoted, although there is less evidence to back up its use by healthy people. A study found that 18 people had used biotin to change their hair and nails. All of the people who took biotin supplements had a disease that was causing their hair or nails to grow slowly. After getting biotin, all of the cases showed signs of getting better.
Symptoms of Biotin Deficiency
Adults with a biotin deficiency may experience the following symptoms:
- Hair thinning
- Hair loss spreads throughout the body.
- A scaly, red rash appears around bodily openings such as the eyes, nose, mouth, and anus.
- Infections of the skin
- brittle nails
- In severe situations, neurological issues such as melancholy, lethargy, hallucinations, and paresthesias (burning or prickling sensations) may occur.
The following are the symptoms of infant biotin deficiency disease:
- Seizures (if left untreated, around 70% of newborns with BTD may develop seizures).
- Muscle weakness
- reduced muscular tone
- Vision or hearing impairment
- Controlling bodily motions is difficult.
- Liver enlargement
- Difficulties with speech
- Breathing difficulties
- Spleen enlargement
Causes of hair fall
Biotin can treat any type of hair fall and biotin helps in hair growth. Let’s look at some of the causes of hair fall.
Hair loss due to tension and depression may cause hair to fall out in chunks. If you are under a lot of pressure then you may suffer hair thinning or hair loss
2) Unbalanced diet
Not having enough nutrients or vitamins in your diet may cause hair to fall out. Vitamin deficiency causes hair thinning and hair loss.
3) Hair loss due to excessive washing
If you wash your hair daily then you may suffer hair loss. Excessive washing of hair strips the natural oils from it leaving hair dry and flaky.
4) Hormonal changes
Hormonal changes during the teen years can cause permanent or temporary hair loss. It can also cause hair thinning and other hair problems.
5) Hereditary hair fall
Hair fall inherited from your parents can happen during the process of ageing. Androgenic alopecia, often known as male pattern baldness, is this disorder.
Biotin is a common over-the-counter supplement that is said to treat hair loss to some extent. It may speed up follicle development and enhance keratin synthesis in hair.
People also suffer from biotin deficiency but it is very rare. It takes time to fulfil it. Biotin deficiency is rare so the doctors don’t offer a recommended dietary allowance. But instead, doctors recommend dosage guidelines for different age groups.
There are some biotin-rich foods to eat.
- Nuts, such as almonds
- Soya beans
To treat biotin deficiency conditions, people may take supplements such as multivitamins biotin tabs for hair growth, biotin gummies for hair or specific supplements in addition to consuming biotin-rich meals. These supplements are typically available in three doses: 10 mcg, 50 mcg, and 150 mcg.
Before using biotin supplements, people should contact their physicians since they may mix with other medications and cause negative effects. Furthermore, without sufficient understanding or assistance from a doctor, there is a risk of taking too much biotin. As a result, persons must be aware of the required biotin consumption to prevent biotin deficient sickness.
Benefits of biotin:
- People's blood sugar levels are under control
- Cholesterol level controlled
- Good for skin and nails
- Reduce inflammation
Side effects of biotin
It is nearly impossible to overdose on biotin as it is a water-soluble vitamin because your body flushes out the excess through urination. But it can give some people skin rashes and digestive upset.
Try not to overdose on the supplement and intake as suggested by the doctor. You may be able to reduce your risk of side effects by taking your supplement with food. Before using a supplement, consult your doctor since not everyone should take them.
Taking Biotin is very effective for skin, nails and hair as well. You should always take biotin properly and as scheduled by the doctor. Call us now at +91 9154706728 for free doctor consultations and exciting offers on our hair loss products.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much biotin should I take daily for hair loss?
It is always recommended to take 2 - 5 mcg of biotin supplement every day.
2. What are the side effects of biotin?
Biotin side effects might include difficulty sleeping, skin rashes, stomach disturbance, insulin release difficulties, and renal problems.
3. What food has biotin?
- Nuts, such as almonds
- Soya beans
1. Deepa P Patel, Shane M Swink, Leslie Castelo-Soccio, Apr 2017
A Review of the Use of Biotin for Hair Loss