How To Use Beard Growth Oil?
Beard oil is a popular product for men to use on their facial hair. There is a wide range and products available for sale. The product itself is very inexpensive and can be controlled if you know how to use it. I have used several different types of beard oil and certain ingredients may be better with certain beard oils.
Beard oils are an incredibly effective form of beard care that can provide improved health, a longer life span, and a more attractive hair appearance. Although they can be used to grow your beard throughout the year, they are particularly great for those who keep their beards short due to limited budgets.
Beard oils are used for the care of your beard. The best ingredients if you’re wanting to grow a nice luxurious beard of epic length and strength. For a majority of guys that keep the beard maintained short these are fantastic.
Do you have a beard and would like to improve your health? Beards are known to be good for our health and beauty, after all, no one wants to spend a ton of money on a nice beard. But did you know that you can have a healthier-looking beard by using beard oil? Yes, you read that right! Have you ever considered using beard oil for your beard? It is said to give us great benefits like providing moisture to our skin, preventing skin dryness, and even providing antibacterial properties. The thing is that we often don’t think of using beard oils on a regular basis but that is why it is important to know why and how you should apply them to your beard.
There are many cupboard door knockers out there, but they all seem to have one thing in common; they don't fit properly onto your beard. What they don't tell you, though, is how to use these very important items.
How to use and apply Beard Oil
Here is a simple and quick guide on how to use beard oil and improve your beard health.
- Either take shower with warm water or wash your face with warm water. The gentle heat and steam will allow the pores on your skin to open up, giving a channel for the beard oil to act on.
- Pat your beard and face with a towel so that there is no water left on your beard and face. Water will prevent the penetration of oil and act on the follicles.
- Take a few drops of beard oil on your palm according to the length of your beard. Rub your hands together, spreading the oil in your palms and finger for easier application.
- Start rubbing the skin in the beard hair on the cheeks and chin. Then apply the oil to the moustache. Make sure you cover the skin under the beard for your pores to absorb and promote beard growth. Make sure you cover your entire beard from the roots to the tip.
- Take a little more oil if you feel that you haven’t applied enough. Dry beards, rough beards, medium, and long beards need more oil than required.
- Comb your beard with a neat brush and shape your beard as you want.
How frequently should you use Beard Oil?
Daily application of beard oil is not necessary. You can use beard oil every alternate day depending on how rough your beard hair is. In dry climates, you might need to apply every day.
If you feel your beard is too oily, then adjust your frequency of applying beard oil.
Ingredients of Beard Oil
Beard oil essentially is a mix of essential oils with various properties. Some beard oils contain silicones, sulfates, and parabens, the ingredients you need to avoid as they do more harm than good.
Some of the most common essential oils used in beard oil are
- Jojoba oil
- Sunflower oil
- Coconut oil
- Argan oil
- Almond oil
- Olive oil
- Tea tree oil
- Castor oil
- Grape seed oil
When to use Beard Oil?
Wash your beard with beard shampoo and use beard oil just after a warm shower as mentioned above. If you live in a dry climate or have a rough beard, you might need to apply beard oil daily either in the morning or before bed.
Do’s and don’ts while using Beard Oil
- Shampoo your beard before applying beard oil
- Take a shower or wash your face with warm water before applying beard oil
- Read the ingredients carefully before buying
- Check for any ingredient that might cause your allergy
- Use a trusted brand
- Use a good quality beard shampoo
- Applying too much beard oil
- Applying oil directly on the face without using fingers
- Applying beard oil without patting your beard dry
- Applying oil on cuts
- Applying oil even after side effects
- Do not use beard oils with ingredients such as sulfates, parabens, and silicones.
Benefits of Beard Oil
Gives your beard a good smell:
Difference Between Beard Oil and Beard Wax?
Beard oils are made using essential oils and can penetrate into your skin under the beard to promote beard growth. It will soften your beard and also gives a shine to your beard.
Beard wax is thicker than beard oil and has similar oils to beard oils along with beeswax. Beard wax is great for styling your beard and holding a particular shape. It is best for beards that are unruly.
Side Effects of Beard Oil
There are very few side effects of beard oil as it mostly contains natural essential oils. However, it might still cause a few external side effects which are temporary and immediate discontinuance will reduce the side effects, if not you can take antihistamines. Consult your physician in case of any beard oil side effects.
Most of the side effects are related to skin, which are:
Beard oil is very beneficial for taming your beard and softening them. Using them properly will help achieve the desired result. This article will guide you to know everything you need to know about beard oil and how to use it. Follow this article and ace your beard game. Happy bearding!
If you are looking to purchase beard oil for a healthy beard, then you can visit our Mars by GHC website.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Which is the best beard growth oil in India?
There are various oil brands available in the market which can help you with beard growth. But one brand Mars by GHC which is growing rapidly seems to have one of the best beard growth oil you can definitely give a try.
2. Beard oil vs beard balm: which is better?
Beard oils are best for those in the growing stages of their beard while balms are better in the later stages. Balms are good for those who want to have more structure to their facial hair while oils are better for those who need an extra layer of skincare.
1. Hair cosmetics: An overview
2. UCLA scientists identify a new way to activate stem cells to make hair grow