Dermarolling: A Scientific and Do-It-Yourself Guide
A-Derma roller is a skincare tool that has been widely famous for treating scars. People with acne scars go for this treatment to even out their skin and get rid of all the scars. Dermarolling or Microneedling was first only performed by the dermatologist but now the process has been much easier and more affordable as people have started to use them in the comfort of their homes.
With Derma Rollers available in the market at a much more affordable rate people have started experimenting more and more and at a much pocket-friendly price. The derma roller treatment when done by a dermal will cost you somewhere around 30-40 thousand but you can easily find the product in the market nowadays.
Derma rollers have very small and fine needles attached to them, even though it is widely available people should be careful while using and they can make your scars worse if not used properly.
Derma roller treatment is expensive and it was found out after intensive research, they became famous back in 2005 when they were invented and people could see a difference in their skin texture after using them.
How Does a Dermaroller Work?
Let us now read about how a Derma roller works and if it is the right fit for your skin.
As we have mentioned earlier, dermaroller consists of fine needles that puncture the skin so if you have scars from acne it will make them smooth. The needles are small and the holes that they will create will be very tiny so it is not an invasive treatment, this process does not harm the outer layer of the skin but it works on the layer inside.
Derma rollers help in puncturing the scar tissue from within, this technique leads to superficial bleeding which alerts the body to heal the wound.
This process of Derma rollers leads to the following process in the body which helps in healing the scar and making the skin much more smooth.
- The skin releases substances that help in stimulating growth
- Helps in forming new blood vessels in the skin
- The skin starts to produce more collagen
For the next 5 days, the body produces collagen that is collected in the affected area and this helps in healing the skin and making it firm.
How to Use a Dermaroller?
Let us now see how we can use the Derma roller at home, it is not a very tough process if you get the hang of it. Do not use the Derma roller without reading or knowing enough about it, do your research and see if it will suit your skin or not.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- The first step that you need to follow before you begin your Derma roller journey is to disinfect it. You can use isopropyl alcohol to disinfect it and soak it for 5-10 minutes.
- The second step is to cleanse your face, use a gentle pH-balanced cleanser to clean your face and provide a smooth base for the roller to work.
- The third step is not mandatory and may depend from person to person, if you have a tolerance for the roller then you can avoid using a numbing cream but if you don't then we would suggest you find a mild numbing cream. Apply it on your face before going ahead with the Derma roller.
- The fourth step if going ahead with the Derma roller, you can divide your face into segments so it is earlier for you to work. Use the Derma roller on each segment at least 6-8 times to make sure you are rolling in one direction. Repeat this step on each section of your face.
- The next step is to wash your face with water. Once you are done using a Derma roller do not use any other product right away as it may leave you with a burning sensation.
- Wash your Derma roller, disinfect it once again and keep it in a safe place.
- Once your skin has settled down you can continue with your everyday skincare, using serums, oils, cream whatever suits you.
Derma rollers are also great for people who want to grow their b eard, it helps in circulating blood in the face which helps you to grow your beard at a much faster rate.
We have launched our very own Derma roller which is perfect for a beginner.
DERMA ROLLER (0.5 mm)
Our Derma rollers come with the highest quality 540 needles, it is a 0.5 mm roller which means it is gentle to use but will give you effective results.
Many people are unaware of the benefits of Dermarolling for people who are trying to grow a beard. All you need is to perform Dermarolling according to the method we have mentioned earlier at least twice a week. We would suggest that the beginner watch as many tutorials as they need to understand the art of Dermarolling as one wrong move can damage your skin.
This is one of the best products for people who are facing patchy beards or are not able to grow the beard they desire, regular use of dermaroller will boost natural collagen and will help you in the process.
Benefits of Dermarolling for beard:
- Promotes Beard Growth
- Nourishes The Beard From The Roots
- Improves Beard Strength
- Painless process
- Increase blood circulation
- Produces collagen
- Regrowth of dark and thick hair
For better results, you can also invest in our Beard Growth Serum which will help in advancing the process even more.
Beard growth serum is beneficial for people who want to grow their beard and rejuvenate their beard follicles. This serum will nourish and hydrate the damaged hair follicles and will help in promoting beard growth.
Beard growth serum will help you in quick beard growth and is clinically proven to regrow your beard up to 25% more in 10-12 weeks. This Growth Serum will help in producing hair protein creation, for beard growth which will advance the growth of the beard. This serum is alcohol-free and trusted by dermatologists all across the world. Lastly, this serum contains 5% w/v Minoxidil and Excipients.
Do's & Don'ts while using a derma roller
- BEFORE AND AFTER USE, DISINFECT YOUR DERMAROLLER - It is critical to clean your dermaroller. To begin, sterilising your dermaroller before rolling ensures that germs and pathogens are eradicated before application to the skin.
- DO ROLL AND LIFT- Roll forward, then lift and repeat from the beginning. This enables uniform distribution of punctures throughout a specified region of skin, avoiding overworking, discomfort, and possibly bleeding.
- DO USE REAL-NEEDLE DERMAROLLERS DO TAKE BEFORE AND AFTER Images - Results can be assessed, and what better method to evaluate the quality of your results than taking before and after pictures for your reference than taking before and after pictures? Checking in on your progress is one of those psychological support tactics that show you're making progress.
- APPLY FOR AFTER-PRODUCTS - The significance of moisturising your skin after dermarolling is something that many first-time dermarollers overlook.
- You can use three products after microneedling sessions.
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Vitamin C Serum
- Vitamin C Hydrating Squalane
- DON'T USE TOO LARGE A NEEDLE SIZE - If you're a complete newbie, start with a 0.25mm dermaroller for a couple of months, then increase the size.
- DO NOT DERMAROLL FOR MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES.
- Don't FORGET THE AFTERCARE - If you intend on going out, wear a high-SPF sunscreen and avoid exposing your skin to direct sunlight for at least 48 hours. Do not exercise or sweat for at least 24 hours after dermarolling, and refrain from exfoliating or using acids for at least 3 days. Wait till your skin has HEALED before continuing.
- REMAIN CONSISTENT - The key to successful dermarolling is repetition, repetition, repetition. Dermarolling for one week, missing the next and then starting up a few days the following week will not affect your results.
- DO NOT DERMAROLL ACTIVE ACNE.
Regular use of this serum along with our Derma Rollers will help you in achieving the beard that you desire, growing hair may take time so we suggest you follow this routine religiously to gain the most benefits.
If you want to add some dermatologist-recommended products to increase the work of dermaroller then you can visit our Mars by GHC website.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to clean derma roller?
- You will need the following items to disinfect your derma roller with rubbing alcohol:
- Pour some rubbing alcohol into a clean glass and you're done.
- Then, for 3-5 minutes, immerse the derma roller's head in the glass.
- Allow the sterilised derma roller to dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Empty the cup and turn the derma roller upside down for 10 minutes to let it to dry.
2. How long to see results from the derma roller?
Between four and six weeks.
3. Which derma roller size is best for beard hair growth?
0.2mm and 0.5mm range is the best for beard hair growth.
1. Satish Doddaballapur, Jul - Dec 2009
Microneedling with Dermaroller
2. How do dermarollers work? - medicalnewstoday