Cystitis is also commonly known as inflammation in the bladder due to bacterial infection, it is commonly referred to as urinary tract infection (UTI).
It got its famous honeymoon cystitis name because it is often seen in people who have sexual intercourse. Urinary tract diseases (UTIs) are among the most widely recognized bacterial contaminations in ladies, representing around 25% of infections. Around 50 to 60 percent of ladies will have no less than one urinary tract infection during their lifetime. In many patients, UTIs are brought about by a microorganism called Escherichia coli.
Ladies are more inclined to urinary tract infection than men in light of the fact that the female urethra is more limited than the male urethra. A more limited urethra makes it simpler for microscopic organisms to arrive at the bladder. One of the significant factors for UTIs is increased sex.
Today we will talk about all the signs and symptoms of honeymoon cystitis and also possible treatments to cure this issue.
Symptoms Of Honeymoon Cystitis
Honeymoon cystitis or UTI are common in women that are sexualy active, here are some symptoms for it.
- A strong feeling of uncomfort while passing urine
- A burning sensation while peeing
- Passing small quantity of urine very frequently
- Hematuria meaning blood in your urine
- Foamy urine
- Urine with a strong smell
- Pelvic discomfort
- Low-grade fever
- Pain or discomfort in your lower abdominal region
Cause For Honeymoon Cystitis
In simple terms honeymoon cystitis causes irritation of the mucous films that line the urinary bladder. The typical reason for this irritation is microbes that move from an external perspective of the body through the urethra and into the bladder.
The bacterias that commonly cause honeymoon cystitis are Escherichia coli in 79% of cases, Staphylococcus saprophyticus in 4%, Proteus mirabilis in 4%, and Klebsiella pneumoniae in 4%. The rest are mild bacterias that can also cause honeymoon cystitis but they are mild.
Treatment For Honeymoon Cystitis
One of the most common treatments for honeymoon cystitis are antibiotics, a lot of times the bacterial infection is severe and can not be controlled or treated without medication. We do request you to visit your doctor before you take any medication for honeymoon cystitis.
If you are trying to treat first-time honeymoon cystitis then you may notice relief and less irritation within the first two days of taking antibiotic medication. It might very well be important to take antibiotic medicines for somewhere in the range of three days to a week relying upon the seriousness of your infection. However, doctors suggest taking a week's medication to make sure you don't have to go through it often.
If you are trying to treat recurring UTI, the doctor might endorse longer length anti-bacterial treatment. They may likewise suggest you to a nephrologist or urologist. A urologist might verify whether regular UTIs are the reason for consistent infection.
How To Prevent Honeymoon Cystitis
After talking about symptoms and treatments of honeymoon cystitis, now it is time to get into some precautionary tips for you.
- Try not to utilize scented soaps or baby powder around the genital region. Our genitals are very unique. While there are many brands telling us to use chemical products to cleanse our genitals, we should always use a chemical free soap or even a thorough wash with warm water can be beneficial.
- Showering rather than washing diminishes how much time the private parts are presented to the chemical substances in your soap or cleansers.
- Go to the washroom the second you want to pee, make sure you always empty your bladder, it is not healthy to hold on to your pee.
- Remain hydrated by drinking loads of liquids, this does not mean you will resort to carbonated drinks, you can always drink water or natural juices. This might assist with preventing the microbes from multiplying in your urinary bladder.
- Continuously wipe front to back to keep the spread of microbes from the rear-end to the urethra and vagina.
- It is very important to pee after a sexual intercourse, make sure you also clease your gentials and pat dry them with a clean towel.
- Wear clothing made of cotton texture and try not to wear tight jeans and pants. These cna suffocate your genitals making them sweaty and irritable.
- Wear breathable underwear made out of cotton material, do not wear satin or polyester material as it can make it hard for your body to breath.
- Drinking cranberry juice is one of the most well known honeymoon cystitis home cures. However, there is no scientific proof to this claim, if you do have honeymoon cystitis then you can definitely try this method.
Honeymoon cystitis is very common in women, as the name suggests it can possibly happen due to intercourse. One of the safest ways to treat honeymoon cystitis is by taking antibiotics. We hope you liked the information we shared above, visit your doctor if you are going through honeymoon cystitis they will be able to guide you better about this.