All You Need to Know About ED
Reproductive health is a big part of life. It can affect and is affected by other aspects of health. This includes physical, mental, emotional, and social health. Being in good reproductive health means you are well informed, careful, and respectful to yourself and others.
What is the meaning of ED?
ED (ED) is an inability to get or keep an erection firm that is required to have a lovemaking act. It is also referred to as impotence, although this term is now used very less.
ED is not very much uncommon. Many men experience this problem during times of tension. However, frequent ED can be a sign of major health problems that requires treatment. This might also be a sign of emotional or relationship problems that may need to be addressed by a professional.
What are the Causes of ED?
Male arousal is considered a complex process that involves our brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels. ED can result if any problem arises with any of these. Just like this, tension and mental health concerns can cause or increases the chances of ED.
It is observed sometimes that a combination of physical and psychological issues can also cause ED. For example, a minor physical issue that affects your performance might cause tension in you about maintaining an erection. The resulting tension can lead to or worsen the situation of ED.
1) Physical causes of ED:
In several cases, ED is caused by physical conditions in the human body. Common causes of these include:
- Heart disease
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome, is a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist and even high cholesterol
- Multiple sclerosis
- Certain prescription medications
- Tobacco use
- Peyronie's disease, which develops scar tissue inside the genital
- Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
- Sleep disorders
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Procedures or accidents involving the sacrum and spinal column
- Low Testo
2) Psychological causes of ED
Our brain plays a significant role in triggering the series of physical events that cause an erection in males, starting with feelings of excitement or desire. Several things can come in between while you experience feelings and cause or worsen ED. Some of these include:
- Depression, tension or any other mental health conditions
- Any kind of tension
- Relationship issues caused due to tension, poor communication or other concerns
- Any Risk factors
As you age, erections might take a longer time to develop and might not be as firm as at your young ages. You might require more direct touch to your genitals to get and keep an erection firm.
Various risk factors that can contribute to ED, including:
- Medical health conditions like diabetes or heart conditions
- Blood flow in the veins and arteries is impeded by tobacco smoking.
- Tobacco can cause chronic health conditions that lead to ED
- Being overweight or obese
- Certain medical surgeries like prostate surgery or radiation treatment for cancer
- Several injuries damage the nerves or arteries that control erections
- Medications or tabs, including antidepressants, antihistamines and medications that are taken to treat high blood pressure, pain or prostate conditions
- Use of tabs and alcohol, especially if you are a long-term tabs user or heavy drinker
What are the symptoms of ED?
ED doesn’t necessarily mean an inability to achieve an erect genital. Symptoms of this problem might also involve struggling for long enough to sustain an erection to complete the lovemaking act or an inability to ejaculate. Common symptoms are:
- Trouble getting in a genital erection.
- Difficulty in maintaining an erection during lovemaking act.
- Reduced interest in lovemaking acts.
- And lastly, delayed climax.
How can ED be Diagnosed?
1) There are a few common examination protocols for the diagnosis of ED. It consists of evaluating the person’s medical history, doing an in-house physical test, ordering laboratory tests, and using various technical tools for diagnosis.
2) Many experts suggest the use of detailed examination reports, which include detailed information about the person’s earlier medical records, the physical functions of his body, the physical environment, his sleeping pattern and eating habits.
3) Once all this information is gathered and kept in one place, the medical experts can conclude the cause of the EDs.
4) In recent years, statistics have shown that many patients who undergo this type of testing procedure are found to be suffering from cardiovascular issues and high blood pressure. In such a case, it is very much essential to ask about the patient’s risk factors for these and other illnesses before opting for their treatment program.
What can be the treatment for ED?
If you are suffering from ED, you must not panic as there are many treatment choices available for combating this disorder.
However, the treatment regimen is decided by the medical professionals or doctors depending on the patient’s overall health, other diseases, the severity of ED and many other factors
Some of the treatment choices include:
1. Alprostadil urethral suppository:
In this type of treatment, a tiny alprostadil suppository is put inside the genital of the patient using a special applicator. After this, the erection occurs in 10 minutes and lasts anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes.
2. Vacuum genital pumps:
Vacuum genital pumps are devices that employ vacuum and suction to artificially create an erection. The patient wears an airtight chamber over their genitals, and the air that is inside is pumped out, which will draw all the blood into the genitals.
3. Testo replacement therapy:
When the Testo hormone levels plummet drastically below the average value, and if the patient cannot restore these hormones naturally, Testo replacement therapy is suggested by experts.
4. Testo supplements:
These supplements are some of the safest alternatives to restore natural Testo levels with the help of herbal ingredients that are formulated into a tab. You can take ashwagandha tabs for boosting Testo levels.
Ashwagandha also known as Withania somnifera is a medicinal herb that has been used in India since ancient times. Studies suggest that ashwagandha might improve male pherti-lity by boosting Testo levels. The increased levels of Testo might be partly responsible for these benefits.
These findings indicate that ashwagandha supplements may help to improve s-perm counts, s-perm motility, anti-oxidant status, and Testo levels.
As we mentioned above, Ashwagandha is the king of Ayurvedic herbs. Ashwagandha tabs function admirably for diminishing pressure and uneasiness. It might also improve strength, and performance, and increment Testo levels. Ashwagandha tabs also work well as Testo boosters for men.
Take one Ashwagandha tab first thing in the morning, and your whole day will be brimming with vitality. You can take another Ashwagandha tab with a glass of milk at night, just before going to the bed.
In many circumstances, you can reduce the symptoms of ED. There are several therapies and drugs available. Vacuum pumps and other tools can also assist you in temporarily controlling your symptoms so that you can carry on with your sexual activity.
Your treatment strategy will be determined by a number of variables, such as the severity of your ED and if it is brought on by a particular medical condition. The advantages and hazards of each form of therapy will be carefully discussed with you by your doctor.
It's important to keep in mind that ED is a prevalent disorder. Discuss any ED symptoms you may be having with your doctor as soon as you can. They may then start a therapy plan and rule out any underlying issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What foods help you get hard?
- Spinach and Other Leafy Greens.
- Dark Chocolate.
- Almonds, Walnuts, and Other Nuts.
- Oranges and Blueberries.
2. What is the fastest way to cure ED?
- Lifestyle changes
- Vacuum constriction devices.
- Alternative therapy.
3. Why does a man get erect in the morning?
The morning after males awaken is when testo levels are at their peak. It peaks just after emerging from the rapid eye movement period of sleep. Even in the absence of any physical stimulation, the rise in this hormone may be sufficient to induce an erection.
1. Erectile dysfunction - mayo clinic
2. Alprostadil Urogenital - medlineplus