The world is all after the looks of a person, and the most recent trendiest thing is a beard for men. Many men have been keeping a beard for many years while others have just started to keep up with the trend. Some of the new beginners face the issue while growing facial hair as they may not have a good growth like the others.
Following trends is very common but doing it with utmost care and patience is also important, many people are now using Minoxidil as an alternative to grow a beard at a much faster pace. Minoxidil is known to be a great medication to grow hair naturally and helps the scalp to get healthy.
Now that people have started experimenting with it on beard they have some results that may shock you. Minoxidil is tested by the FDA as a safe alternative for the scalp but it is still unclear if it is safe for people to use it on their face to grow a better beard. But irrespective of that many people have used it in their day to day life and seen some great effects on their beard growth.
How Minoxidil Works for Beard Growth?
To know how Minoxidil works for a beard we need to first get to know what Minoxidil really is and does to the hair follicles in the scalp and skin.
Minoxidil is a vasodilator which means that it widens and relaxes the scalp, widens the blood vessels, and provides a better blood flow into the scalp.
Minoxidil makes it easy for blood to reach and spread all over the scalp, with better blood flow in the hair follicles it helps them to rejuvenate and grow at a faster pace. Minoxidil does not stop Hair fall but it helps in hair regrowth.
Minoxidil may increase your hair fall as the hair follicles Telogen phase will fall which will be the beginning of the Anagen phase where Minoxidil will produce thicker and healthier hair follicles.
Minoxidil topical solution has worked wonders for people, and our customers have seen great benefits and a huge difference in their hair fall pattern.
Now that we know this, Minoxidil for your scalp may take up to 3 months to give you a significant result, whereas the blood vessels on your face are already much larger than the ones on your scalp so this makes the process of Minoxidil even simpler.
People that have used Minoxidil for beard have claimed that it works at a much faster pace and that is because of the vessels in our face that are much more enlarged and they expand even more with Minoxidil solution making the Hair grow at a better speed.
Things to keep in mind while using Minoxidil for Beard
There are many people who have already used Minoxidil for beard and we are sure many more would want to give it a try after reading this, but we would suggest you to read about your product carefully and only then invest into it. Here are a few things that you must keep in mind before you use Minoxidil for beard growth!
- Minoxidil is only FDA approved for the scalp use and not on the face, so this is one of the major things that you must keep in mind before you try using Minoxidil for your beard growth.
- Research on Minoxidil for beard has been going on for a while now and if you really have made up your mind on using it then you should read this research paper. https://www.docdroid.net/PoZ5Iha/jde13312-pdf
- Minoxidil’s side effects are hard to avoid, when Minoxidil is used on the scalp people can face redness, dry scalp or itchiness which sometimes also goes unnoticed, but on the face it would be very noticeable.
- There have been numerous claims on the internet that boost the use of Minoxidil for beard but do not fall into the trap of false advertisement, please be thorough with your research and then go forward with the products.
- Minoxidil 5% works best for the scalp but you can not use Minoxidil 5% on your scalp, the research that was done took place on the benefits of Minoxidil 3% for beard growth. Do not use the same Minoxidil solution for Hair on your beard that could be dangerous and pose some serious side effects.
- Minoxidil only works until you use the products, the day you stop using Minoxidil for beard your beard growth will slow down and be back to normal and the hair that grew could possibly fall out.
- Once again as we mentioned earlier read more comments of the honest user of Minoxidil before stepping into using the product without gaining information.
Common Side-Effects of Minoxidil For Beard Growth
Minoxidil when used on the scalp has side effects that most people do not even recognize but when using it on face you need to be extra careful and cautious. Here are some common side effects of Minoxidil that people have faced while using it on their face for beard growth.
- Redness on the face
- Irritation and dry skin
- Hair growing at a much faster pace around your neck and back
- Some people have also noticed different color or texture of the beard hair
These are some of the common side effects that people have noticed while using Minoxidil, however you need to be more cautious while using the medication on your face as the skin is more sensitive. Be careful while using it around the eyes as it can cause irritation and redness in eyes, if it gets into your eyes then rinse immediately and if it irritates too much then visit a doctor.
It is very easy to apply Minoxidil 3% on your beard all you need is to get the product and apply it on your beard twice in a day, repeat this for at least 3 months to get the desired benefit.
We still have a mixed opinion on Minoxidil for beard as your face is much more sensitive than your scalp and it can complicate your beard growth once you stop using it.