Is There a Link Between Masturbation and Hair Loss? Myths and Facts
What is Masturbation and is it safe?
Masturbation is a very common activity that is often practised by a lot of males and females to achieve mind and body satisfaction. It is a self-stimulation method of the genitals also done between two people during their physical performance. Some consider this activity as a bad habit and one which has a lot of side effects on the body but that’s not true.
One study of older adults found that between 27 and 40 per cent of women and 41 to 65 per cent of men reported masturbating in the previous month.
Despite popular belief, there are no physically dangerous side effects of masturbation.
Masturbation has no physical side effects on our health and it’s healthy. Although masturbating a lot may affect your relationship with your partner. Masturbation is a very common behaviour among people who have a physical relationship. It is a very good way to shake off the tension and relax your body muscles.
Is Masturbation Healthy?
Masturbation isn’t unhealthy or bad for people at all. It can be good both mentally and physically. Endorphins, which are substances that block pain and make you feel good, are released by your body during an orgasm. It also offers the following advantages:
- It reduces Strain
- Helps with relationship problems
- Helps improve self-esteem and body image
- Relaxes the muscles
- Helps you sleep better
- Improves mood
- Improves focus and concentration
- Improved cognition
- Reduced blood pressure
How much masturbation is too much?
There are different frequencies in which people masturbate. Some masturbate daily and some once a month and some never masturbate. But all of these are fine and are considered normal. As masturbation is normal so there is no “too much” of it. It only becomes too much if it gets into your way of doing something or your job. If it is becoming a problem for you then you may want to talk to a counsellor.
How to control the urge to masturbate?
- Pornography must be avoided.
- One thing that will assist you is to divert your attention and do something different.
- You need to speak about your issue. You must also recognise that you cannot battle it alone.
- Socializing allows you to keep your attention engaged and distracted. So make it a point to socialise with family and friends, or go to the gym, to keep your body active.
- Regular exercise might help you maintain your mental strength.
Effect of Masturbation on your Hair
Some people say that masturbation causes hair loss but it is just a myth or a misconception that is believed by people all around the world. Masturbation is a regular part of everyone’s life and a lot of people do it. It does not affect your hair or your skin in any way.
- People believe so because hair is made up of protein and the semen also contains a lot of protein, so they think during ejaculation they are losing protein which can be used for hair growth.
- Some believe that masturbation increases testo which is related to the hormone DHT(Dihydrotesto) which is responsible for hair loss.
- Premature hair loss is genetic and not caused by masturbation. During this process, men lose at least 50 -100 hair but they also grow new ones.
So in conclusion masturbation doesn’t cause you to lose hair but it can increase the levels of testo in your body.
Causes of hair fall
Some other causes which may cause your hair to fall are:
1) Strain as a cause of hair fall
It is the main reason for hair to fall and people who are under a lot of Strain and mental pressure suffer from hair problems.
2) Smoking and drinking binge
These are the two worse habits that affect your overall health. Smoking and drinking can cause your hair to fall at a high rate and can also cause male pattern baldness.
Receding hairline can also be experienced by a lot of men.
3) Hormonal changes
Hormonal changes can make a lot of changes in your body and they can also make your hair fall. During hormonal changes, our body goes through a lot of stuff that can cause hair to fall out from different parts of the body.
4) Side-Effect of any Medication
If you are currently on medication for some other problem then you may suffer hair loss as one of the side effects of the medicine. Consult your doctor about your current therapy.
5) Increasing Age
Some men when they reach a particular age start to experience hair fall and male pattern baldness. Mostly in their 40s or 50s men suffer hair thinning and eventually their hair fall.
6) Dyeing your hair
The dye is not very friendly to your hair. They strip your natural oils from the hair and they eventually fall out.
7) Not knowing what is bad for your hair
Some people use some products which are not good for their hair and they end up messing up their hair badly. Using a lot of products in your hair may cause damage and hair fall. You should know what is causing your hair to fall.
If you are suffering from hair loss then you can use these remedies to prevent hair fall.
Preventions For Hair Fall
1) Take a balanced diet
Make sure your diet has all the nutrition. Add some biotin which is a water-soluble vitamin and it is a very good source for your health.
2) De-Strain your mind and body
Shake off the Strain and learn to live the little moments. Divide your task and give them a particular time. Don’t collect all of your work for one thing.
3) Onion juice for scalp and hair
Rub this juice on your scalp twice a week and leave it overnight. Wash it off in the morning. Onion juice has shown results in preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth.
4) Massage your scalp
Massaging your scalp helps you exfoliate it. Massage also circulates blood to the blood vessels which promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss. Use some essential oils to condition your scalp during the head massage.
5) Anti-DHT shampoo
In men, testo is converted into DHT with the help of an enzyme called 5-alpha reductase. DHT accumulates on the scalp and causes hair loss. This shampoo washes off the excess DHT from the scalp.
The above methods prevent some hair from falling but if you are someone who is facing severe hair loss due to androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness then you should look for our
Masturbation is natural, safe, and beneficial. It's an excellent technique to connect with your goals and requirements. Masturbation is a personal choice, as is how you masturbate. There is no correct or incorrect strategy. You should also not feel ashamed or guilty about your decision.
But keep in mind that masturbation has no negative consequences. Consult your doctor if you are having any strange symptoms or believe you are masturbating excessively. They may talk about any worries you have.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is masturbation good for health?
Yes, Masturbation may be beneficial to your health, both psychologically and physically.
2. What are the effects of masturbation?
- It may assist you in exploring your body and relieving sensual and mental strain.
- It may improve your sleep quality and may help you feel better when you're sad or angry.
3. How often should a man release s-perm?
There is no standard number of times a man should discharge.
1. Nantje Fischer, Cynthia A. Graham, Bente Træen, and Gert Martin Hald, Nov 2021
Prevalence of Masturbation and Associated Factors Among Older Adults in Four European Countries
2. Endorphins: Effects and how to increase levels - medicalnewstoday