If you want to grow back your lost hair, you need to read this article. Derma roller has set the all-new trend to solve your hair loss and the regrowth of hair and there are several results to prove it. Derma rollers are medical devices that are required to be used with care and handled hygienically. These rollers work really well for your hair growth, keep reading this article to find out how.
What is a Derma Roller?
Derma rollers are used for treating a range of skin conditions, including acne scars. As we mentioned above, it is a skincare device. You will see a handle on one end and on the other is a roller with lots of small, fine needles on its surface.
There are numerous brands of derma rollers available in the market, and they are considered to be relatively cheaper. It is important to purchase these from a trusted retailer and ensure that it is sterile before it is used.
Derma Roller Hair Benefits
Derma rollers are said to show benefits in the hair too. It helps in treating hair loss and promotes hair regrowth.
1. Derma Roller for Hair Loss
A derma roller causes tiny punctures only on your scalp’s skin which activates and regenerates hair cells which helps treat the hair loss problem in men. Science says that it is a form of micro-needling that is an effective treatment for hair loss. It boosts the production of collagen in your scalp which results in stronger thicker hair.
Your hair cycle is divided into several stages, which are:
- Telogen Phase of hair growth:
This phase is that part of the hair cycle where your hair begins falling out. Hair fall is a result of hair follicles prematurely entering a resting phase. That is right where the derma roller does its job, by not allowing your hair to become nutrient-deficient and weak.
- Anagen phase of hair growth:
In this part of your hair cycle, your hair cells divide rapidly and result in new hair growth. If you want the best results from the derma roller, you may prefer to oil your hair after using it. This will prevent hair loss as your scalp will then absorb higher nutrients and prevent your hair from shedding in the telogen phase. Controlling your hair loss up to an extent of 50-100 strands a day is possible with this super product.
2. Derma Roller for Hair Growth
Derma rollers for both the process of hair growth and hair regrowth can be a blessing. It gives a great massage to your scalp and increases the blood flow to your scalp. Studies have shown that increased blood flow to the scalp results in increased hair growth and thickness thus helping people with hair regrowth. This means that the derma roller not only grows your hair once but also makes your hair grow thicker and stronger.
Increased blood flow on your scalp means that the derma roller is benefitting your hair growth by essentially providing rich oxygen and nutrient supply to your hair follicles so that these strands grow stronger and thicker.
The second method through which this product can be helpful for hair growth is that it stimulates the production of collagen. Collagen prevents your hair from thinning and supports new hair growth in the anagen phase of hair growth. Collagen thickens around your hair follicles and makes sure that your new hair grows strong. This helps it resist hair shedding in the catagen phase of your hair cycle. Derma rollers are pretty much effective when used with minoxidil.
How To Use A Derma Roller?
If you are going to do the micro-needling process then you should make sure to clean the derma roller before use with alcohol or a disinfectant spray. Also, you must clean your scalp before beginning the treatment. You should stretch the skin with your hand to make it as flat as possible, and here you go:
- If you are using longer needles and cannot tolerate the pain, you can consider applying a numbing cream on your scalp before the procedure too.
- To start off, you need to apply the micro-needling device directly onto your scalp and roll it evenly to make sure that you cover the scalp fully. But you should make sure to do that in sections.
- Roll the derma roller in a star pattern like five times up and down, five times left to right, and then five times diagonally. Then, simply lift your roller slightly between each path, as you might want to prick the skin. You should use very light pressure in sensitive areas, and medium pressure in other areas.
- When you are done with this process, your skin will turn red just like a sunburn. It is advised to keep the area moist for the first few days, preferably covered with an appropriate after-treatment ointment.
- We recommend you not go into the sun for several days, and avoid makeup and harsh cleansers during this period. The particular area might start to peel in a few days and don’t mess with it. Just allow the collagen to grow on the scalp.
What are the Side Effects of a Derma Roller?
However, the side effects of the derma rolling process diminish after five days of the treatment. People who are suffering from certain conditions should avoid micro-needling. You should consult a doctor before the treatment if you have any of these conditions –
- Under blood thinners and other medications
Derma Roller for Beard Growth
Well, using a derma roller for beard and hair growth has been the trend among men. There’s a huge science behind it, let us see how.
Facial hair is known as androgenic hair which means that its growth rate is affected by the androgen hormones, testo, and Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). When you micro-needle your beard area, it can cause minute injuries on the surface of your skin.
Your body will then respond by increasing blood flow to the area that carries the growth factors like androgenic hormones, nutrients, and collagen with it. All of which results in hair regrowth.
You actually need to have some underlying beard growth to get the effectiveness of using a derma roller for beard growth is concerned.
If there are no hair follicles in the area that you wish to microneedle, unfortunately, a derma roller won’t be of enough help for you. However, derma rollers are effective if your hair growth is a little patchy and you still have some kind type of hair growth in that area.
Is Derma Roller Safe?
Many people wonder whether these rollers are safe. Well, let us tell you that derma rollers are designed specifically to treat skin issues. They usually go gentle on your skin to prevent pain. You will experience a tingling when a roller runs over your scalp. Therefore, it is safe and pretty helpful.
Precautions To Take After A Micro needling Session
There are several precautions that you should take before derma rolling your scalp
- Your scalp might become sensitive after a micro-needling session. If you use raw peppermint oil right after the treatment may cause itchiness and a burning sensation. Thus, you should mix the peppermint oil with a carrier oil before applying it to the scalp to minimize its effect.
- You should wear a hat to keep your scalp protected from the sun.
- You must keep the treatment area clean and apply topical antibiotics to prevent bacterial formation after the treatment.
- If you are new to this process, start once a week to make your scalp get used to the treatment.
Are Derma Rollers Effective?
A-Derma roller is a tool that consists of a mini wheel that is covered with tiny needles to gently prick the face. Honestly, they might look like a kind of small torture device. But, it does wonders for minimizing the effects of acne scars, reducing fine lines, and regrowing your hair.
By creating micro pathways in the skin and hair, it allows the topical product to penetrate evenly on the scalp or face. The needles differ in size starting from 0.1 to 2mm in length. Those tiny needles are not necessarily for collagen synthesis rather they can be used to get any of your products to absorb and penetrate the skin or even your scalp.
Topical Treatments For Hair Regrowth
1) Minoxidil Topical Solution
Minoxidil is the best solution in the market to treat Male Pattern Baldness, it not only prevents hair from falling further but also helps in regrowth. Minoxidil helps rejuvenate hair follicles and promotes a healthy scalp that not only benefits the scalp but also lets the Hair follicles breathe.
2) Biotin Tab
The biotin tab is enriched with multivitamins which help in hair growth and improve metabolism. The biotin tab includes a total of 10 vitamins. The tab reduces hair fall, improves scalp health, promotes hair growth, and makes your hair stronger & healthier than before.
1. How to clean a derma roller step by step?
- Firstly, rinse your derma roller with warm running water for 30-60 seconds.
- After an hour, remove it and hold it under running water. This helps to get rid of any remaining skin particles and leftover alcohol or peroxide.
- Lay your roller upside down on a towel and let it air dry.
2. How long does it take for a derma roller to regrow hair?
Most people see good visible results within 8-10 weeks.
3. Is 0.5 Derma Roller effective for hair regrowth?
Derma roller size for hair regrowth, having needles between 0.5-1.5 millimeters is usually recommended by doctors. You can use a derma roller 0.5 mm to tackle hair loss.
- Microneedling for the treatment of hair loss?
- Efficacy and safety of mino-xidil 3% lotion for beard enhancement: A randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled study
Derma rollers have been effective in promoting hair growth on the scalp. As there hasn’t been much clinical research into microneedling for beard growth, be wary when doing this treatment and have realistic expectations. If you want to purchase above mentioned dermatologist-recommended products, then you can visit our Mars by GHC website.
Stay Informed, and Stay Healthy!
Get the best of health & wellness with our brands - Mars & Saturn. We believe in providing evidence-based, quality products & services that positively impact your well-being. That's why we've assembled a team of experts to create informative & educational content related to various health topics. From skincare tips & advice on sleep habits to the latest news on sexual performance & personal hygiene, we strive to keep you informed & equipped with the knowledge you need to live your best life.