Check Out These 5 Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss !!
Practising yoga supports your physical, mental and spiritual development that allows you to create the best version of yourself.
Yoga might also be an effective way for losing weight, especially the more energetic forms of yoga. And you might also find that the awareness gained through a gentle, relaxing yoga practice also helps you in losing weight as well.
Many experts and medical professionals agree that yoga works in different ways to bring about a healthy weight. Let us take a look at a few of those yoga poses for weight loss and yoga to lose weight in 10 days.
Is Yoga Good for Weight Loss?
Before moving on to different yoga poses, you must know what yoga does and how it helps lose weight. The development of yoga has proven to be useful for many people in healthily losing weight.
Yoga for weight loss is a debatable topic because many people believe that Yoga alone does not promote weight loss. Yoga in addition to healthy eating has proven beneficial as it helps in losing weight along with keeping your mind and body healthy.
Yoga also increases your mindfulness and how you relate to your body. You will start eating food that is healthy instead of binging on food that can increase your fat accumulation.
Yoga exhibits more benefits such as
- Increased flexibility
- Improved respiration
- Improved energy and vitality
- Balanced metabolism
- Improved athletic health
- Increased muscle tone
- Improved cardio health
- Weight reduction
- tension management
tension is considered to have a devastating effect on your body and mind. It can reveal itself in the form of pain, tension, insomnia and the inability to concentrate. Many times, tension is also the main cause of weight gain. In such cases, yoga can be helpful to cope with tension. The physical benefits of yoga when combined with tension management, help a person to lose weight along with maintaining good physical and mental health.
5 Yoga Poses for Weight Loss
Yoga might seem easy to you, but now you know how it helps in burning our calories and losing weight. You need to look at some of the cardinal yoga poses for weight loss to begin a perfect journey of being fit and healthy.
1. Boat Pose
Boat pose is a whole-body exercise that tears up your core and enhances muscle strength. It strengthens your muscles and promotes metabolism. Thus it helps to burn down more calories and promotes weight loss.
- Firstly, you need to sit straight with extended legs on the yoga mat
- Now bend your knees.
- Lift your feet off the floor as though your chin is parallel to the floor
-You need to extend your hands parallel to the floor
- Hold this pose for around 30 seconds
- Now release and repeat it about 5 times
2. Upward Plank
This is a difficult nut to crack for a novice, but it has significant weight reduction advantages. If you wish for rock-hard abs, then dive into an upward plank pose. It is one of the most effective yoga positions for weight reduction.
- You must sit with your legs stretched and straight.
- Now, you should keep your hands behind your hips and fingers pointing towards the feet.
- Now, slowly prepare to rise with your feet straight and pointed
- You should try pulling your head back while raising.
This might feel a bit hard to you at first, it is the exact opposite of what is called a push-up position. But practice does make a man perfect and fit.
3. Warrior Pose
Just like a warrior tore yourself up with the warrior pose. It is one of the most effective yoga for weight reduction.
- Firstly, stand straight with your feet altogether
- Stretch your legs wide apart back and forth
- Now bent down the knees of your front leg and keep the other one parallel to the floor.
- Raise your hands overhead.
- You should hold the pose as much as you can. But you must remember to never tense yourself too much that might end in pain
- Now switch on the side and repeat it as though.
The ultimate trikonasana or triangle pose is a highly beneficial yoga pose for several health issues. Though it does not directly contribute to losing weight. It enhances the digestion process and thus reduces the fat that deposits in the belly.
- Stand upright straight with your hands overhead
- Now, you need to widen your legs sideways.
- Just like a triangle you are supposed to stretch yourself down with your hand touching the same feet.
- Here, Your upper hand must be straight facing the ceiling along with your eyes.
- You need to hold up the pose for around 5-6 seconds
- Now return to normal and repeat on the other side.
5. Sun Salutation
Sun salutation which is also called Suryanamaskara is a popular yoga pose to reduce belly fat. There are about 12 breathing poses that tone all over the body. This single yoga asana involves various other poses too. We have mentioned the step-by-step method to do a fresh and refreshing Suryanamaskara:
- Stand straight on your legs and inhale deeply and lift your arms overhead
- Now, bent down forward and exhale out
- Now simply jump your feet back to the plank pose.
- Hold it for about 5 full breaths.
- Next, drop your knees down and place your lower body on the floor
- Extend your legs while keeping your hands under the shoulders
- Now inhale halfway to move into cobra pose.
- Change to downward dog facing pose by exhaling.
- Again, you need to hold it for 5 breathes
- Jump up to your feet on top of the floor and bend while exhaling.
- Inhale and lift your arms overhead.
- Now, easily exhale and relax.
That is quite a few steps. But as a beginner you must try and practice it one by one and as a pro burn it out by rigorous practice.
It is also important to tell you that the results of these yoga asanas vary from person to person. The amount of weight that you lose depends on your current body weight, lifestyle and commitment levels. So, if you are serious about losing some serious weight, then it is time to get the Yoga mat rolling!
Supplementing your yoga weight loss efforts with the best weight loss products
Yoga is primarily a spiritual practice based on an exceedingly delicate science that focuses on bringing mind and body into harmony. Yoga supplements might be a fantastic place to start. To achieve excellent health and long life, we must pay close attention to our diet. Yoga practitioners' favourite supplements
4) Green tea
How might supplements help you get the most out of your yoga practice?
You will want to try your best to maintain a healthy diet, but natural, organic supplements and vitamins may also be useful in a variety of ways.
Here are the top five reasons to include vitamins in your yoga lifestyle.
- Prevent vitamin deficiency
- Increase energy and recovery time
- Enhances your sleep
- Improve your mood
We have provided some of the best yoga asanas for weight loss. You also need to keep a check on your calorie intake and the calories you burn for weight loss. Failing this, you cannot lose weight.
If you want to add some supplements to help you in losing weight and want to know more about weight loss tips, then you can visit our Mars by GHC website.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are 30 minutes of yoga enough to lose weight?
Yes, 30 minutes of yoga daily is enough to lose weight.
2. Is yoga better than the gym?
When it comes to shedding weight, the gym is regarded as much more beneficial than yoga. Yoga for 30 minutes will burn around 90 calories, whilst cardio and gymming for 30 minutes would burn approximately 150 calories.
3. What is the best time to do yoga for weight loss?
Yoga in the morning is the finest way to get your day started. Yoga increases your metabolism, keeps your sugar levels stable, and promotes improved digestion throughout the day.