Using hair oils in your hair care routine is a cherry on top. People are using essential oils for a long time and it helped them maintain long and shiny hair. They also used essential oils for various medicinal and cosmetic purposes. Essential oils are being used in a lot many ways nowadays.
You can also find them in different hair care products, candles, and creams. They are increasingly popular home remedies. They are also used during massages and aromatherapy.
Essential oils are compounds that are extracted from plants and flowers. They capture the plants’ essence or fragrance. When used on skin or hair the plant chemicals are absorbed thus giving us an effective result.
Some essential oils can do wonders for your hair. It can help them regrow and stop hair fall. Lavender oil is one of them.
Benefits of Lavender oil for hair
- It is one of the most versatile essential oil. Lavender oil has a divine smell and a lot of other fine characteristics which makes it different than any other essential oil. People use lavender oil for hair growth and other hair problems.
- It stimulates hair growth and fights dandruff and flaky scalp.
- It has a soothing formula in it which relieves you from an itchy scalp. It has antibacterial properties in it too which also fights dirt on the scalp.
- Other than tea tree oil, lavender oil can also prevent or kill head lice. Its antioxidant formula kills lice and other types of gunk.
- It nourishes your scalp and helps the follicle to regrow hair.
- It prevents bacteria and fungi from growing or accumulating on your scalp.
- You can massage diluted lavender oil on your scalp for increased blood circulation and nourishment.
- It balanced the sebum production on your scalp.
- It also helps ease tensed and sore muscles hence releasing all the stress on your head and promoting hair growth and preventing hair fall.
- It is good for scalp inflammation and dryness.
How to use lavender essential oil for hair growth
1) You can use this oil with coconut oil and massage it on your scalp. Prevent using concentrated lavender oil as it strong and may cause some harm to your scalp.
2) You can also put 2 drops of lavender essential oil in your shampoo or conditioner. This will help your scalp to lock some moisture but not excess oil.
3) You can make a lavender hair mask by adding turmeric and coconut oil.
4) You can also purchase products that already have lavender oil in them. But be careful and read the ingredients before purchasing the products.
Avoid using too much lavender essential oil as it may irritate your skin and just to avoid overuse you can add some plain oils with it.
If lavender or any other essential oil does not work for you and you suffer from severe hair fall problem then you can also consult a dermatologist for some products which are also available on Mars by GHC website.