Natural oils for skin care
In recent years, the trend has been shifting from commercially manufactured products to natural products. People are now more inclined towards natural products that are readily available in the market.
Natural oils have been used since ancient times as medicinal agents and as a form of healthcare. Today, essential oils have been scientifically proven to have several benefits not only for the skin but for overall health as well. When used as a natural skincare option, these oils help in treating several skin conditions and prevent the occurrence of the same.
Below are some of the most important benefits of using natural oils on the skin:
1) Anti-aging Benefits: Oils such as rosehip oil, jojoba oil and sesame oil contain high amounts of vitamin A, C and E which help in preventing wrinkles, fine lines and dark spots from occurring. They stimulate collagen production which helps in plumping up the skin by filling in wrinkles. Vitamin A is also helpful in strengthening the skin by improving the skin's ability to retain moisture.
2) Soothes the Skin: Essential oils like lavender have antiseptic and aromatic properties that tend to give a soothing and relaxing sensation to the skin. This helps in skin rejuvenation as the skin gets enough moisture to stay healthy. One of the most potent ingredients in natural products that soothe the skin is coconut oil.
3) Reduces Itchiness: Tea tree oil is best known to tackle itchiness and redness. These signs can even lead to rashes on the skin and thus, treating them with proactive care can help in preventing these issues including acne. This is because tea tree oil controls sebum production on the skin and provides natural nourishment to the skin.
4) Moisturizes the Skin: One of the most important benefits of organic oils is their ability to moisturise the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally, oils can help improve the health of your hair and nails. Moisturizing the skin is paramount to maintaining a healthy and youthful glow. Most dry oils, such as sunflower and safflower, contain linoleic acid. This fatty acid may keep your skin moisturized by helping it maintain its water permeability barrier.
Various Natural Oils for Healthy Skin
There are various natural oils for healthy skin which are easily available in the market. You can incorporate them into your daily routine to get glowing, lustrous and revitalized skin.
There is no doubt that people all over the world, and especially women, use natural oils for their skin and hair. A lot of people still think that natural oils are not good for the skin and hair and they actually do the opposite of what we really want. We have to keep in mind that we can only use essential oils by mixing them with a carrier oil or after they have been made into a product such as a cream or lotion.
Natural oils are the best way to keep your skin hydrated. These are extracted from seeds, nuts, leaves, roots or flowers of different plants. They are often used in aromatherapy as carrier oils or essential oils that are used for the treatment of various skin conditions.
Natural oils for healthy skin include:
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil has antioxidant properties and is loaded with medium-chain fatty acids. Coconut oil is enriched with vitamins and minerals like vitamin E, vitamin K, potassium, manganese and it also has antibacterial properties. It can be used as a natural moisturizer.
The way you can use coconut oil topically is by massaging your face with it every day. You can also mix some of this oil with your face wash to form a facial mask. Coconut oil is loaded with medium-chain fatty acids that keep the scalp and skin hydrated by retaining all the moisture that it needs to recover from any damage.
- Olive oil: Olive oil does not really trigger allergic reactions but make sure to opt for the extra-virgin variety. Olive oil contains Vitamin A, D, E and K.
A study suggested that olive oil has the potential to be used as a moisturizer. With its heavy consistency, olive oil is one of the most effective choices for an all-body application.
- Rosehip seed oil: One of the most well-known ingredients for healthy skin is rosehip oil. This oil is extracted from the seeds of a rose, which means it has a significantly lower chance of causing irritation than other types of oils like argan or coconut oil.
The oil encourages skin cell regeneration, making it great for anti-ageing. You can apply rosehip oil to your skin every night before bed and after cleansing the face so that you wake up with glowing, soft skin in the morning!
Our body is a temple that needs to be taken care of, and when it comes to skin, hygiene is very important. The skin is our largest organ. It provides a barrier between us and the environment. It covers, protects and separates the body from the outside world. Skin cells are constantly being shed and replaced by new ones. It is important to offer support to our skin’s moisture barrier by moisturising it with natural oils.