Hair Loss is a common problem among people today. This problem affects almost everyone at some point in their lives. Male pattern baldness or you may hear it called androgenetic alopecia, is usually triggered by the genes that you receive from your parents. Researchers are still not clear on how it is inherited, but it does tend to run in families. So if you have a close relative who is bald, you are more likely to have it, too.
Hair loss affects more than 60% of males under the age of 35 and more than 80% of men by the age of 50. With figures like those, you can be certain of two things: the chances of losing your hair are great, and it's frequent enough that it shouldn't be a cause of embarrassment.
Despite the fact that it may affect their self-esteem, some men really like having bald spots or thinning hair. Others go all-out and shave the whole body at the first indication of loss. However, there is good news: if you pick the right medication, your prospects of preventing male pattern hair loss and even regrowing hair are great.
7 Best hair fall treatment for males
If you are suffering from hair loss due to any disease, treatment for that particular disease will be necessary. If a certain medication or drug is causing hair loss, your doctor might advise you to stop using it for a few months.
Many medications are available to treat pattern (hereditary) baldness. The most common options are:
- Over-the-counter (nonprescription) Mino-xidil is available as a liquid, foam, and shampoo.
- If you want it to be most effective, you must apply the product to the scalp skin once daily for women and twice daily for men. Many people prefer to apply foam when the hair is wet.
- Many individuals report positive results from using Mino-xidil-containing products to stimulate hair growth or reduce hair loss. At least six months of treatment are needed to reverse hair thinning and promote new hair growth.
- Finding out whether the therapy is helping you might take a few more months.
- If the results are positive, you will need to continue using the medicine indefinitely to retain the benefits.
- Mino-xidil may irritate the scalp and result in hair growth on the face and hands.
- Fin. is a prescription drug that is designed especially for men. Many men taking fin. experience a slowing down in the process of hair loss, and some might show new hair growth.
- Just like Mino-xidil, it might also take a few months to tell whether it's working for you. You are required to keep taking it to retain any benefits.
- Fin. might not work as well for men who are aged over 60.
The most popular types of hair transplantation are follicular unit transplantation and follicular unit extraction.
Keep in mind that both hair transplant treatments are considered surgery, so they may be costly and uncomfortable.
To get the desired result, you may need to undergo numerous hair transplant procedures.
4. Transplantation of follicular units (FUT)
FUT is the more "traditional" technique. Typically, hairy areas on the back of the head are targeted for skin removal. The follicles are then removed from the skin by a surgeon. Finally, they reinsert the hair follicles into the scalp area where you're losing hair.
5. Extraction of follicular units (FUE)
Despite the fact that it may affect their self-esteem, some men really like having bald spots or thinning hair. Direct hair implantation (DHI) is a modified variant of this method in which the treatment is completed using a specialised instrument.
6. Laser therapy
For certain kinds of hair loss, such as alopecia areata, laser therapy is considered to lessen the inflammation in follicles that prevents regeneration. A 2014 analysis reveals that treatment with low-level laser therapy (LLLT) may improve hair growth via alternative pathways for other forms of hair loss.
There have been few studies to demonstrate the efficacy of laser hair loss therapies. However, a 2016 evaluation concluded that LLLT is safe and effective for treating male pattern hair loss.
7. Biotin Tablets
- The vitamin B family includes biotin, which is sometimes known as vitamin H. Biotin is water-soluble and essential for healthy hair, skin, and nails. It’s also called vitamin H. The human body requires biotin for converting certain nutrients into energy. It also plays a crucial role in the health of your hair, skin, and even nails.
- You might be aware that keratin is a basic protein that makes up your hair, skin, and nails. Biotin improves your body’s keratin infrastructure.
- Biotin Tablets are enriched with multivitamins which help in hair growth and improve your body’s metabolism. Biotin tablets include a total of 10 vitamins. The tablets reduce hair fall, improve your scalp health, promote hair growth, and make your hair stronger & healthier than ever.
How can you naturally stop hair loss and regenerate hair?
Whether it's yoga, ayurveda, allopathic, or hair regrowth treatments, here's a thorough list of several methods you may successfully combat hair loss.
1. Natural Hair Regrowth Oils
This oil is high in Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and B vitamins. Jojoba oil's vitamin A concentration strengthens hair roots by increasing oxygen flow to the scalp, hence stimulating hair growth.
is high in Vitamin E, fatty acids like oleic and linoleic acid, and polyphenols, which encourage hair development and give it a silky gloss. Argan oil's high vitamin E concentration not only strengthens your hair but also seals moisture in your hair strands to keep it frizz-free.
is high in important vitamins. Its high vitamin C concentration, in particular, promotes hair development by increasing collagen production in the scalp. Shikakai oil also contains antifungal qualities that aid in the treatment of dandruff.
is well-known for softening hair strands and strengthening hair follicles. This oil also protects against premature greying and hair loss.
is great for persons who have thinning hair or weak follicles. The plant contains alkaloids that stimulate protein synthesis.
Rich in Vitamin C, is a powerful anti-oxidant that promotes scalp health by eliminating dandruff and dissolving oil and grime from follicles.
Onion oil is a tried-and-true therapy for promoting hair development and preventing hair loss. Onion oil, when used regularly, may both stop hair loss and restore lost hair.
2. Hair regrowth yoga
Yoga, regular exercise, and meditation are all important components of maintaining a healthy lifestyle that minimises tension and strain. This, in turn, has an immediate effect on your hair loss.
3. Enhancing Your Lifestyle
There are some lifestyle adjustments you may do to help delay or even stop hair loss. If you care about your hair, you should avoid smoking. There is a correlation between smoking and a faster/more severe development of male pattern baldness, according to studies. Improve your hair care by using the appropriate shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. Make sure you drink lots of water, eat a nutritious diet, and get plenty of exercises. Controlling your tension levels may benefit both your mental and physical health. Adopting these little modifications may have a significant impact over time.
How long does it take to regrow hair after hair loss?
The length of time it takes for your hair to regrow may vary depending on the underlying reason for your hair loss. Based on the numerous reasons for hair loss, here's an estimate of how long it could take. Your latent hair will fall out in two or three months, and then the follicle will begin to generate new hairs.
Best products for hair regrowth
Mars’s recommended products for hair growth:
1. Hair Growth Max (Mino-xidil Solution + Fin. Tablets + Derma Roller)
This combo has Mino-xidil 5% Topical Solution that promotes blood circulation on the scalp, Fin. Tablets that lower the DHT levels on the scalp and prevents further hair loss and a Derma Roller with 540 cross-lined titanium needles that regenerate the health of hair follicles
The hair vitalizer acts as an anti-inflammatory agent which helps to reduce dandruff, itchy scalp and other scalp-related problems. It also helps to promote hair growth as it contains biotin which is responsible for the healthy growth of hair.
Mars by GHC Hair Growth Oil is a unique blend of essential oils that are made up of a non-sticky formulation. It is fortified with all-natural herb extracts without harmful chemicals in order to enhance blood circulation close to the scalp, thereby producing more blood cells in the scalp.
4. Anti Hairfall Shampoo for Men | SLS Free | Paraben Free
This shampoo contains Biotin, which is a type of vitamin B that helps with healthy hair, skin, and nails. Several studies have shown that using shampoo fortified with biotin may help people with thinning hair regrow their hair as it effectively strengthens the roots of your hair.
5. Biotin Gummies for Hair with Zinc
Biotin is a B-vitamin that is sometimes called the “Beauty B-Vitamin" because of its beautifying benefits, like promoting healthy skin, hair and beard. But it's also a vitamin that supports many other aspects of your health.
This topical solution for hair loss in men has also been shown to promote hair growth and increase the thickness of existing hair.
In a year, hair may grow back around six inches. You should see a doctor if you see your hair thinning or falling out so that the underlying cause may be identified and treated.
If your hair loss was caused by an illness, it will not stop until the illness itself is treated, not simply the symptoms.
1. Can you regrow lost hair naturally?
Although most occurrences of hair loss are transitory, there are techniques to stimulate hair to regenerate organically, such as utilising naturally produced products and even exercising frequently to maintain enough blood circulation.
2. Which deficiency causes hair fall?
Inadequate iron intake is a recognised contributor to hair thinning and loss.
3. Can you regrow hair when thinning?
Although hair regrowth is feasible, you should know when to seek expert assistance. A person's hair will not regenerate naturally if the thinning is due to genetic factors. One must take proactive measures, such as learning about the numerous treatments for hair loss if one wants to restore a full and healthy mane of hair.
Pinar Avci, MD,1,2,3 Gaurav K. Gupta, MD, PhD,1,2 Jason Clark, MD,1,2 Norbert Wikonkal, MD, PhD,3 and Michael R. Hamblin, PhD, Feb 2014, Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT) for Treatment of Hair Loss