It is a topical solution that was generally used to treat hypertension. It was an accidental discovery and later it was re-discovered as a medicine for treating hair loss.
A lady patient who used to go for a haircut once in 2 or 3 months after taking this medicine has to go once every 2 or 3 weeks. The foam and 2 percent minoxidil solution also helps for hair growth in women with thinning hair.
It was first introduced as an oral medication but was later converted into a solution for hair loss or total baldness treatment. It has been proven by a lot of doctors to treat hair problems.
Let’s take a look at some of the hair fall problems that minoxidil topical solution can treat.
- Hair fall due to stress
Stress plays an important role in your skin and your hair. If you’re undergoing stress then you may experience some hair fall and maybe face wrinkles too. This hair loss is not permanent and can be treated. Also, there are different types of hair fall from stress.
Trichotillomania: it is a disorder that happens mostly to teens and in which you get an urge to pull out your hair during anxiety or panic attacks which leaves bald patches on the head.
Alopecia areata: in this due to stress the body’s immune system attacks the hair follicles which causes hair loss.
Minoxidil can be used to treat this type of hair fall and baldness. You can use the topical solution but first, you must have a prescription by a doctor.
- Hair fall due to deficiency
Sometimes due to lack of some vitamins, people tend to experience hair fall or any other hair problems. Some nutrients are very important to promote hair growth or to keep our hair healthy. If you lack all the macronutrients then how will your hair make protein for them to grow?
This type of hair loss can be treated by a minoxidil solution. But also you must add some vitamins like biotin in your diet or some other macronutrients which can be gained from the leafy green vegetables.
- Genetic hair loss
Due to the combination of genetics people suffer male pattern baldness. This condition is also called androgenetic alopecia. The hair loss under this condition is permanent but it cannot be reversed but that is some medication or treatments which you can take to slow it down and maximize your hair growth potential. Minoxidil has been proven to control this problem.
The main purpose of minoxidil was to treat genetic hair loss. It’s a great solution to control baldness and to promote hair growth, as you know that genetic hair loss cannot be reversed.
- Hair loss due to scalp infection
In this, you may experience itching or flaky scalp with dandruff when you scratch it. This infection causes hair loss because it directly affects our scalp and hair roots. T
This can be controlled and cured with the help of a minoxidil solution. But also you can use an anti-hair fall shampoo to clean your scalp.
Its main use was to cure hypertension. It is an antihypertensive drug. Minoxidil relaxes the blood vessels so that blood pressure so that blood passes through them more easily. This helps to lower blood pressure.
How to use a minoxidil topical solution?
Don’t use this medicine without any prescription and if you have any query you can ask your doctor. First, let’s see how to apply the solution to the scalp.
1) Wash your hair and dry your scalp before applying the solution. Fill the applicator with the solution.
2) Part the area dry in which you have to apply the solution then evenly spread it in the affected area.
3) Gently massage it in your scalp so that it is absorbed completely.
4) Do not use any styling products for at least 2 hours after applying the solution.
5) You can perform the same procedure for foam but wash your hands properly before applying it to the scalp.
6) Do not apply minoxidil to sunburn or irritated scalp.
Side effects of minoxidil topical solution
Every medication has a side effect no matter how good it works for you. Some side effects are noticeable and some are not. Minoxidil also has its side effects and they are:
- Burning of the scalp: the solution should be used very carefully and in the amount told by the doctor or it can cause serious scalp burns.
- Dizziness, irregular heartbeat, and difficulty breathing can also happen if taken in a large dosage.
Before using minoxidil tell your doctor if you have any type of allergies which can be triggered during the treatment. If you have any disease of the scalp like eczema, psoriasis or any other infection discuss this with your doctor before using the medicine.
If you are someone who is facing severe hair loss due to androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness then you should look for our Medicated Anti-Hair loss kit designed by our dermatologist which includes:
- Minoxidil 5% topical solution - Increase nutrition flow on your hair.
- Biotin tablets- To strengthen your hair
- DHT blocker shampoo- To strengthen and nourish your hair.
- Finasteride tablets- Block Harmful DHT level on your scalp.
Call us now at +91 9154706728 for free doctor consultation and exciting offers on our hair loss products.