What is Triphala Churna?
Triphala churna is a combination of three fruits: Amalaki, Haritaki and Bibhitaki, and is frequently referred to as the ‘natural internal cleanser’ or ‘Ayurvedic colon cleanse’. It is considered as the most trusted herbal medication that supports good health.
These fruits are traditionally used to improve digestion and eliminate toxins. The use of these special fruits, especially Amalaki, dates back to the Vedic period and is very popular among practitioners of naturopathy, Ayurveda and Unani, especially in India.
Triphala churna is a supplement of natural herbs and is a powerful antiseptic and laxative. The benefits of triphala churna for both men and women are:
- Laxative: Triphala churna is a strong laxative and can be used as a laxative to treat constipation. It is most commonly used for digestion and weight loss.
- Antioxidant: It has antioxidant properties that help in treating skin diseases, skin pigmentation and hair fall. It also helps to improve the immunity system by increasing blood circulation.
- Cleansing: It is said to be the king of herbs, the one that cleanses the intestinal tract and other tissues in the body. It can be taken as an antidote for poison, just like the medicines made of castor oil.
- Stomach problems: It can be useful in treating stomach related problems which include indigestion, acidity, flatulence, gastric infection etc. While taking this product, we feel a fresh breath and more energetic as this product helps to cure the various problems related to digestion and has the potential to heal cardiovascular problems.
- Natural energy: Triphala churna is a very popular and natural herb available in the Indian markets which provide natural energy and health benefits to the body. It helps balance all three doshas – vata, pitta and kapha – in the body and also helps excrete toxins from the digestive tract efficiently.
4 Benefits of Triphala Churna for Hair
Triphala churna is a famous herbal product and is used for various benefits. Triphala churna is also known as trifla and it is made from natural ingredients like haritaki, bibhitaki and amalaki. Those three things are the most effective herb that is often used in ayurvedic remedies.
Triphala churna has many benefits and it is very effective for hair loss problems as well.
Triphala churna has vitamins and minerals that help to stop hair loss and hair thinning. You can use 2 tablespoons of triphala churna with 2 cups of normal water. Apply the thick paste onto your scalp and gently massage it for a few minutes. Let it dry for 30 minutes and then rinse it off using cold water.
Here are some hair benefits of Triphala Churna:
- Increases Hair Thickness & Density
The pro-active properties of triphala improve hair texture, thereby increasing natural hair volume. Haritaki has antifungal and antibacterial properties that fight against scalp infections to pave the way for hair growth. Triphala is also widely popular for its anti-dandruff and anti-hair fall traits.
- Provides Natural Shine
Many factors including harmful UV rays, pollution, dust, etc minimize the natural shine of hair. This can make your hair look extremely lifeless, dull and damaged. Triphala helps restore the natural shine in hair by eliminating external toxins. Amla acts by closing the hair cuticles, thereby locking the essential fatty acids within the hair follicles.
- Minimizes Frizz & Split-Ends
Triphala is known to retain natural moisture in the hair and thereby helps protect it from external damage. This helps in preventing frizzy hair. Amla churna for hair has potential benefits to help minimize the formation of tangles as well as prevent split-ends. It can leave your hair soft, smooth and shiny by providing nourishment.
- Prevents Premature Greying
Triphala helps eliminate free radicals from the hair which trigger premature greying. It nourishes and moisturizes the hair to keep it hydrated and healthy. Deep nourishment and regular use of chemical-free shampoos can help minimize hair loss by breakage.
Potential Side Effects of Triphala
Triphala churna works as a mild laxative, this means it may result in gastrointestinal effects such as cramps, upset stomach, gas, diarrhoea, etc. Based on the formulation used, these side effects can occur and vary when you have been prescribed different doses. Consult your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms.
The long-term safety of using triphala churna is still not known, as there is no specific formula used in the preparation. Depending on the specific usage, a few practitioners may incorporate additional ingredients and herbs.
Triphala churna is a super herb and is widely used as a laxative that helps to clean up the intestines and also removes toxins from the blood. It is effective in helping treat several other disorders such as obesity, boils, inflammation of the liver, spleen, and pancreas. In addition, it helps to lower blood cholesterol. It helps to prevent osteoporosis, cancer of the uterus, breast, ovaries and prostate.