Oats for weight loss
Are you tired of finding a perfect weight loss regime? You read a lot of blogs, watched YouTube DIY tutorials, took supplements but to no avail?
Put your shirt on because today we are going to open the box of secrets which will not only help you in losing weight but also in building muscles!
The millennials and Gen Z have such a busy schedule that they usually skip their meals or even if they eat, it is mostly junk food. So they need to have a ready-to-serve delicacy that will give them enough energy to toil throughout the day.
OATS - THE BEST TIME-SAVING MEAL
One of the easiest and ready-to-cook foods is OATS. Oats contain nutrients like fiber and carbs, along with many vitamins and minerals, like manganese, phosphorus, copper, B vitamins, iron, selenium, magnesium, and zinc. One can get 389 calories of energy from 100 grams of oats!
Read more: Nutrition facts for oats
8 BENEFITS OF OATMEAL
- Acts as an immunity booster: A rich source of vitamin B and an ideal option for breakfast, oats help in boosting energy due to the amount of fibre it contains. Since fibre takes a lot of time to be digested, it keeps a person saturated throughout the day without getting any hunger attacks.
- Stabilizes blood sugar level: The fibre rich oats helps in stabilizing insulin levels and reduces postprandial glucose levels through beta-glucan, a potent soluble fibre that helps to keep the glycemic index low when consumed regularly.
- Stabilizes blood pressure: Hypertension can be reduced by consuming oats in sufficient amounts. It has a significant impact on people with high blood pressure issues as it helps to clean up the veins and arteries. When your blood pressure level stabilizes, your dependency on medicines also reduces. Oats increase serotonin in our body, which helps our body in managing stress. Serotonin is known to be a hormone that produces a way of wellbeing and happiness.
- Helps in reducing weight: Oats help in reducing weight in a way that you don’t feel weak rather you get energized due to its rich in supplement properties. Try adding some flavours to your oats for a more comforting and tasty eating experience. Stick to flavourings that add nutritional value and promote fat loss, and avoid sugary or fatty toppings that are rich in calories. Oats are rich in fibre that fills up the stomach quicker than non-fibre breakfasts. Oats help the body to release glucose slowly so that a person feels full for a long time and this prevents overeating. People who eat oats regularly are less likely to get obese because it fights off abdominal fat.
- Helps in muscle building: The low calorie in food, oats, are a good combination of carbs, fibre, proteins, minerals, and vitamins. Oats are often consumed in various forms: with milk or water, cooked within the sort of Rotis, or included in your salads.
- Improves bone health: Oats are rich in silicon that is important for skeletal health.
- Improves quality of sleep: Oats help our body in producing melatonin. It is an essential hormone for sleep.
- Improves skin and hair health: Pimples and acne can be reduced by consuming oats as it contains zinc which fights them off. You can apply oats directly onto your face because it helps to soak up the surplus oil on the skin. Oats have some anti-tanning properties as well which lightens the skin tone.
- Oats can also fight off dandruff problems because it absorbs the extra oil on the scalp and reduces itchiness.
Read more: Benefits of oatmeal
OATS FOR BREAKFAST
Foods rich in protein play a very important role in helping to lose weight. They make you stay satisfied for a longer duration which ultimately reduces the urge to eat. Along with protein, oats are a rich source of fibre which allows a person to digest their breakfast as slowly as possible and you can go hours without eating. Oats are a rich source of low-glycemic energy which is a great source of energy that can enlighten anybody’s morning without compromising blood glucose levels. It helps to cut calories by providing foods rich in nutrients that restrict us from consuming food unnecessarily.
Check out our blog on Healthy breakfasts for weight loss to get some healthy breakfast tips.
OATS FOR POST-WORKOUT
The benefits of eating oats can be applied to both pre and post-workout. Your training goals can be met by consuming a protein-packed meal and what better choice could you have other than oats?
Follow these simple steps for your oatmeal recipe:
- Take half a cup of 100% whole grain oats
- Add 1 TBSP protein powder (as per your convenience)
- Add some dry fruits, cinnamon, honey, and ground flaxseed
- Add milk and mix them well avoiding any lumps
- Microwave on high power for 3 minutes and your oatmeal is ready!
Check out some best foods to eat after an intense workout
7 TYPES OF OATS
- Rolled or Old-fashioned Oats: Rolled oats are a type of lightly processed whole-grain food. Traditionally, they're made up of oat groats that are steamed, before being rolled into flat flakes under heavy rollers then stabilized by being lightly toasted.
- Groat Oats: Groats are the hulled kernels of various cereal grains, such as oat, wheat, rye, and barley. Groats are whole grains that include the cereal germ and fibre-rich bran portion of the grain, also because of the endosperm. Groats can also be produced from pseudocereal seeds such as buckwheat.
- Oat Bran: Oat bran is the outer layer of the oat groat, which sits just beneath the inedible hull. While oat groats and steel-cut oats naturally contain bran, oat bran is additionally sold separately as its product.
- Steel-cut or Irish Oats: The oats are left whole and cut into pieces with a steel mill. Steel-cut oats are the least processed and therefore maintain the best texture when cooked. They also take the longest amount of your time to cook.
- Scottish Oats: Instead of being steamed and rolled like regular American oats, Scottish oats are slowly ground between two millstones, producing a smooth texture, more like a traditional porridge.
- Quick or Instant Oats: Quick oats are cut into more pieces, rolled thinner, and steamed longer. They will not have the maximum amount of texture because of the oatmeal or steel-cut but will cook more quickly.
- Oats Flour: Oat flour may be milled directly or may be made by grinding rolled oats. The fines stream from groat cutting and flaking typically end up in the oat flour stream. Grinding is usually accomplished by hammermills, but pin mills and other types of size reduction equipment are also used alone or in sequence.
THE BEST TYPE OF OATS
All types of oats are a good source of fibre and protein, hence there’s no single type of oats that is best of all. The nutritional value might differ slightly between each type of oat, the major difference being the color, flavour and texture after cooking.
Eventually, it is completely up to you what type of oats you want to add to your diet regime. If you prefer a sweet and nutty taste along with chewy consistency, steel-cut oats are for you. If you want to have smooth and creamy oatmeal then instant oats are your game.
Some important tips to keep in mind include, but not limited to, checking the ingredient list while buying oatmeal. The type of oats doesn’t matter till the time you can see only one ingredient listed - whole-grain oats. Always go for plain oatmeal and you can add toppings (containing nutritional value) of your choices such as berries, almond butter, yogurt, avocados, and even a fried egg.
If your ultimate goal is to lose weight, it is advised that you should eat oats for breakfast rather than for lunch or dinner. Add some dry fruits as toppings in your oats to get a variety of nutrients in one go. Keep in mind to avoid adding an excessive amount of sugar or sweet toppings to your oatmeal, as this might add many unwanted calories.
Oats might be a good option to explore for people who have recently decided to take their weight seriously, but if you are someone who has tried every sort of option available…. Then you are indeed in need of an effective product that can change the way you look!
Check out our Advanced Weight Loss Pack - Which includes Weight loss max capsules & Ashwagandha. Weight loss max capsules, which are rich in Apple Cider vinegar, Garcinia Cambogia, Green tea extract, L-carnitine, and Guggul will accelerate your weight loss by reducing appetite, reducing fat absorption, and increasing fat-burning rate, and Ashwagandha will boost your metabolism and help you to sleep well.