What are the Benefits of Doing Exercise?
Exercise is an important part of life for everyone and is a very common practice to keep the body healthy, active and fit. Regular exercise is necessary to stimulate as well as improve heart and lung health. It helps to regulate the metabolism in a good way that maintains the ideal weight of a person.
By exercising regularly, you will burn more calories than you consume. This will help in reducing thigh fat, waist fat, belly fat and other body fat deposits. Apart from the fat burning effect of exercise, regular exercise acts as a stress buster as well.
Exercise helps in reducing stress and relaxing the mind by increasing the oxygen supply to the brain. It also releases a hormone called serotonin that has an impact on mood and sleep. It also releases endorphins, which help in boosting mood.
Regular exercise helps in improving heart health and prevents the risk of diabetes. Here are some other health benefits of exercising on regular basis:
- Strengthens your bones and prevents osteoporosis.
- Develops muscles and helps to burn more fat.
- Boosts your metabolism.
- Stimulate your brain function and helps to keep you stress-free.
- Helps to prevent strokes and heart attacks.
- Improves your sleep.
- Lowers your blood pressure.
- Helps to prevent colon cancer and other cancers too!
Further, our bodies have tremendous power to heal themselves if we just provide them with the right kind of food and exercise. So, make sure that you take out some time from your busy schedule for the best exercise for flat belly and a workout plan to strengthen your body and remain healthy.
8 Exercises for a Flat Belly and Thin Waist
One of the major benefits of flat belly exercises is weight loss. Thin waist exercises help in burning the extra fat that accumulates around the body, giving a perfect shape to the body. Given below are some easy exercise for thin waist and flat tummy.
- Lie down on your back and keep your feet on the floor, hip-width apart. Bend your knees and place your arms across your chest. Slowly, contract your abs and inhale.
- Lift your upper body by keeping your head and neck relaxed and then, exhale.
- Inhale and return to the original position.
- Place your forearms on the floor with your elbows aligned below shoulders.
- Your arms should be parallel to your body at about shoulder width. Clasp your hands together and continue this position for as long as you can.
Alternate Reach and Catch Exercise
- Lie flat on the floor and bend your knees.
- Bring both your hands forward, towards your left knee.
- Return back to the initial position.
- Follow the same for the right side and do 10 - 12 repetitions on each side.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart and keep your hands by your side.
- Lift your arms and bend your torso to one side.
- Stay in this position for few seconds and then move back to the initial position.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
- Lie down on the floor and place your arms over your head.
- Lift your legs and hands off the floor and come to a sitting position.
- Try to balance your body on your buttocks and tailbone by keeping your arms extended in front of you.
- Form a “V” shape with your upper and lower body.
- Keep breathing and get back to the initial position slowly.
- Lie on the floor with bent knees and your arms by your side, fingers pointing towards your legs.
- Lift your feet off the ground, toes pointing away from your body.
- Slowly exhale and lift your hips off the floor and contract your abs.
- Keep your head and neck on the floor and your knees should point towards your head.
- Inhale and return to the initial position.
- Lie down on the floor and exhale as you crunch your torso to the left.
- Touch your left heel with the fingers of your left hand and hold this position for few seconds.
- Slowly return to the initial position and inhale.
- Do the same with your right side.
Bend and Kick
- Sit on the floor like a dog and raise your right leg up by making a kicking motion.
- Use your glute to make the kicking motion directly towards the ceiling.
- Keep in check that your pelvis and hip should stay pointed towards the ground.
- To avoid unwanted injuries, keep your head straight and face down.
- Repeat the same with the left leg.
Importance of Balanced Diet for Flat Belly and Thin Waist
Still wondering how to get a very thin waist? Well, it is important to have a balanced diet in order to get a flat belly. Your stomach is one of the most essential parts of your body; it helps you maintain a healthy body and lifestyle.
A flat belly is the dream of every human being because it helps in improving self-esteem and gives a flattering effect on any dress. But, you have to keep in mind that you should check the calories of the food that you consume. One should not focus on getting a flat tummy at the cost of your health.
What are the things that challenge us from getting a slim stomach? The major reason behind getting a bulging belly is overeating. People are crazy for spicy foods, pasta, pizzas, burgers and other junk food. You must have a healthy breakfast, which is needed to kick start your day. It will keep your body energetic and ensures your stomach function properly.
To understand the importance of a balanced diet for getting a flat belly, one must understand the various aspects of a healthy diet. A balanced diet or rather a flat belly diet involves eating a variety of foods while simultaneously taking in the required nutrients that the body needs to function optimally. This includes making sure that you are consuming enough protein, carbohydrates, iron and water.
A balanced diet is also a convenient way to ensure that you get in all the nutrients that your body requires. When you prepare your meals in advance, it's easier to ensure that your daily diet remains healthy. For example, if you're eating broccoli regularly, you can simply steam it and eat it with boiled rice for lunch or dinner. If you're cooking for friends or family, avoid using unhealthy ingredients such as fatty meat and fried foods.
Exercise and a healthy diet are a must for good health as well as for achieving a flat tummy. There are several foods that you need to include in your diet for getting a flat belly. These are milk, seafood (shrimp, mussels and salmon), eggs, chicken, nuts and seeds. You can also eat a lot of vegetables and fruits such as carrots, apples, pears, plums and broccoli. But remember to avoid eating too much or junk food.