Erectile dysfunction (ED), or impotency, is the medical term for not being able to keep hard enough and keeping an erection for a long enough time to have intercourse.
It’s normal to have this problem occasionally keeping erections hard and sometimes get lost. But if you experience this happens around least half of the time you’re indulging in intercourse, you may be suffering from Erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction could be experienced at any age, but it is most common in the male over 40 years of age. Around 50% of all men between their 40s and 70s experience ED.
What are the Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction?
While experiencing erectile dysfunction (ED), you might have one or more of the following symptoms. If you have Erectile dysfunction, you'd experience these mostly while having intercourse:
- Poor performance
- not being able to get an erection
- problems to have a full erection
- problems to keep an erection
How to treat erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction happens when the blood flow towards the penis is less. Finding its cause could help people find the most suitable treatments.
In a few cases, Erectile dysfunction has a physical cause, such as a curable health condition or blood circulation problem. Treating any of the above conditions can help. People can perform the steps to increase their blood circulation, such as performing yoga, regular exercise, stop smoking, and consuming healthy foods.
A doctor might also recommend a prescription for Erectile dysfunction medicines, which includes (Viagra).
Erectile dysfunction can also be due to stress, relationship problems, or emotional wellbeings, like depression, anxiety or trauma. Mental health sessions and psychological relationship counselling could be helpful.
What are Natural Products that can Treat Erectile Dysfunction?
- Ashwagandha to treat erectile dysfunction
- By reading till now, you know that a major contributor to Erectile dysfunction in men is restricted blood flow to the nether ie. towards the penis. This makes it hard for men to keep an erection maintained, and being last longer in the bed.
- Ashwagandha revives the production of nitric oxide in your body. This removes clogged vessels by natural expansion so that each part of your body, and your penis, gets proper blood flow.
- For getting ashwagandha’s benefits for ED, you need to remember to consume your ashwagandha intake each day. Like we have said, ashwagandha powder is not magical which will give you quick results.
- You will get results only if you maintain consuming it properly. You have to take ashwagandha pill/ powder for ED tablets habitually for at least 4-6 months for adequate results.
Ashwagandha Mix: As we mentioned above, Ashwagandha is the king of Ayurvedic herbs. Ashwagandha tablets function admirably for diminishing pressure and uneasiness. It might also improve strength, performance, and increment testosterone levels. Ashwagandha tablets also work well as testosterone booster for men. Several experts advised taking one Ashwagandha tablet in the morning, which will ensure that you have an energy-filled day. You can take another Ashwagandha tablet with a glass of milk at night, just before going to the bed.
- Gokushra to treat Erectile Dysfunction
- Gokshura is an Ayurvedic medicine mostly known for its immunity-powering, aphrodisiac and rejuvenating power. The name “Gokushra '' is derived from two Sanskrit words; ‘Go’ which means cow and ‘Aakshura’ which means hoof, as the fruits of the plant looks like the hooves of cows.
- Gokhshura when consumed along with Ashwagandha helps increase stamina because of which it is good for bodybuilding as well as increasing the stamina of athletes. It is also majorly used to treat ED as it is an ayurvedic aphrodisiac.
- According to Ayurveda, Gokshura is known for balanced tridosha. It also helps to treat urinary disorders due to its diuretic property.
- It is recommended that you should take advise of your doctor before consuming Gokshura if you are having medicines for blood pressure
- Saponins present in Gokshura helps in treating erectile dysfunction as it gives strength to the penile tissue and increases penile erection. In one of the research, Gokshura raws showed a significant increment in intracavernous pressure.
- Gokshura helps in increasing energy and also makes the penile tissue strong which increases penile erection due to its heavy Aphrodisiac properties. Altogether, this improves the problem of erectile dysfunction.
- Shilajit To Treat Erectile Dysfunction
- There is a huge list of ayurvedic herbs that can help enhance the overall wellness and vitality of men. Shilajit is one of the most versatile products in the Ayurvedic sphere.
- It has been observed that the media limits the benefits men receive from Shilajit in terms of stamina and enhanced testosterone production.
- Shilajit even has a tremendous impact on men’s weight loss, diabetes, preventing dementia and viral diseases, and maintaining cardiac health.
- This herb is used in erectile dysfunction and its main aim is to increase sperm count and boost stamina.
- Shilajit is made available in the form of capsules, powder, and skin products for topical application. Since it is a medicinal herb, it is recommended to consult a doctor before consuming the herb becomes necessary.
How can home remedies help in treating Erectile Dysfunction?
Certain activities or a lack of activity can have an adverse effect on ED. To improve the symptoms of ED, you can adopt the following lifestyle measures:
Regular exercise can benefit your ED by improving blood pressure, blood flow, mood, and stamina. It is also an effective way by which you can improve your overall health.
A healthy and balanced diet helps to keep the circulatory system, and the rest of the body, healthy and fit. Eating a varied, nutrient-rich and balanced diet reduces the risk of heart disease, clogged arteries, obesity, and diabetes, all of which are risk factors for erectile dysfunction.
Smoking and drinking are considered a major risk factor for ED as it reduces blood flow to the penis. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), males should limit alcohol intake to two drinks per day for males and one per day for females.
Stress and anxiety also have a significant effect on performance and erectile function in men. Common sources of stress include health, work, finances, and relationships all of which affects the overall health of men.
There are several physical devices that help men to get and maintain an erection. For instance, vacuum devices are mechanical pumps that create an erection by drawing blood directly into the penis. Alternatively, people can also try ED rings, which are bands that men places around the base of their penis to maintain an erection.
There are many possible methods to treat the symptoms of erectile dysfunction, and the best options depend on the underlying cause.
Wherever possible, a person with ED must try to talk to a healthcare professional before taking any new supplements or OTC medications, as they can have severe side effects and interact with existing medications.