Skin Detox Benefits
Skin detox is simply the process of cleaning out skin pores. The skin detox process helps to remove all the impurities and blockages within the body.
There are two most important rules for the skin detox regime: the first step is to clean out the bad stuff and we do that with a natural skin cleanser that removes dirt, makeup, and impurities.
The second step is to replenish the good stuff back into your face and body with our nutrient-rich moisturizer. The combination of the two will have your face feeling refreshed, smooth, clear, and hydrated!
Clinical studies have proven that skin detoxification has been shown to eliminate acne, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, fine lines and wrinkles, blackheads and many other skin impurities.
Skin detoxing draws out all the toxins from the skin’s surface and leaves your skin looking refreshed and rejuvenated. You get brighter and clearer skin as skin detoxification helps in tightening the skin.
Skin detoxification also helps in reducing the stress that shows up on your face in the form of inflammation and redness.
The importance of having healthy skin cannot be stressed enough. Healthy skin is not just something that you look good with but it's actually a reflection of your overall health.
So, how to do skin detox?
Here are some ways to detox your skin:
- Drink plenty of water: Water is one of the best things you can do for your skin because it helps keep it clean, supple and healthy. In order to maintain healthy skin, it is important to drink at least eight glasses of water every day.
- Consume lots of fruits and veggies: Eat foods that are rich in vitamins like fruits and vegetables, especially citrus fruits like oranges, apples and bananas, which contain vitamin C. These foods have antioxidants that help protect the skin from damage caused by the sun.
- Stay away from junk foods: Junk foods like burgers, fries and colas are loaded with fat and salt, so it'll be best if you stay away from them if you want healthy skin.
- Use jade rollers and natural anti-aging serums: The goodness of Hyaluronic acid, arginine, retinol, niacinamide, vitamin E, vitamin C, rosehip oil, jojoba oil, frankincense oil, virgin coconut oil, chandan (sandalwood) and chamomile oil in Mars by GHC’s Anti-Ageing Serum can prevent the signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles, dark circles, poor skin elasticity, hyperpigmentation, dark spots, etc. Jade rollers can help you get rid of skin impurities by removing toxins and improving blood circulation throughout your face.
Skin Detoxification: Home Edition
Have you ever wondered why your skin looks dull? When you don’t take care of your skin, it has a tendency to get dull and dry. But fret not! There are various ways that you can try out at the comfort of your home to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
The dirt is difficult to remove from the face and we all need to do that regularly. So here are some good home remedies for removing dirt and excess oil from the face, which will reduce skin problems.
Clean baking soda on the face: Wash your face with water and then mix a few tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl of warm water, so that it achieves a thick paste. Now with this mixture on your face, gently rub your face in a circular motion with your fingers. Wash off with water after 2-3 minutes and then wipe with a soft towel dipped in water.
Clean honey and lemon juice on the face: Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with honey in a bowl and apply the mixture to the face.
Exfoliation is all about removing dead skin cells from the face and revealing the glowing skin underneath. Keep in mind that over-exfoliation can harm your skin, therefore always go for a minimalistic regime. Face scrubs work wonderfully as exfoliators, but they can also be done with the help of some natural ingredients available at home. Below are some of the best natural ingredients that can help you get rid of your dead skin cells, thereby making your skin look healthy and fresh.
The extracts of lemon rind and milk powder may be used to treat oily skin. The cleansing action of lemon juice will help remove excess oil. Apply this on the face for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off with water. For better results, add milk powder to lemon juice. Similarly, cucumber juice also helps in treating oily skin by reducing the secretion of sebum.
Here are some of the ways to get healthy skin:
Drinking plenty of water every day
Eating foods high in vitamins A, C and E
Using non-chemical products while cleaning your face
Exercising for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week
Getting enough sleep every night
Avoiding smoking, alcohol and drugs
Getting facials once in a while
Following the 28/21 rule when you go outside (wait 28 minutes after eating before going outside and wear sunscreen that has an SPF of at least 21)
Not wearing makeup that contains oil or any harmful chemicals
- Wearing loose clothes that allow your skin to breathe and limit the number of layers you wear in order to keep your body temperature normal.
Skin detox is all about detoxifying your skin. It helps your skin rejuvenate and remove the dirt that has accumulated over a period of time. Your skin is not a trash receptacle for all the junk you have been putting in your system. If you are one of those people who doesn’t give a thought about eating trash; you might want to rethink it and put some value on what you put into your body.