What is hair mousse?
Hairstyling has become a huge part of our life from hair color to hair straightening to hair curling. We all love the thrill and excitement of trying something new. We always crave a new look that will help us enhance ourselves.
Hair mousse has become a huge part of our lives as it is one of the best products for hair that goes through a lot. Sticky and smelly hair gels are way old fashion, so if you are still using the old-fashioned products then this is your sign to switch.
A lot of you might not be aware of what a hair mousse is, let us start by saying that it is not the typical foam that you might see in several formulations. Hair mousse has a very light consistency than any other hair product may it be hair gels or other hair creams.
Formulation of a hair mousse
After giving you a little insight into our hair mousse let us talk about the formulation of a hair mousse. Here are all the ingredients that go in a hair mousse.
- Dimethicone: Dimethicone is the essential fixing ingredient used in a hair mousse that keeps your hair from being tangled. It is made up of silicone oil that is often utilized in different hair care items. Not only this but Dimethicone also gives your hair a gleaming and lustrous appearance.
- Limonene: Limonene is utilized in hair care as it contains a solid citrus aroma. It is extracted from citrus organic products. Limonene also is known for its anti-bacterial and calming properties.
- Lanolin: Lanolin is a type of wax that is extracted from fleece-bearing animals like sheep. Lanolin is known for its waterproofing properties. It helps in fighting against frizzy hair.
- Behentrimonium Chloride: It is utilized as a conditioner for your hair, it not only helps in relaxing your hair but also helps in controlling static.
- Methylparaben: Hair mousse has methylparaben because it has antifungal properties just like Methylparaben. We also have propylparaben, butylparaben, and ethylparaben that may match its profile.
- Lecithin: Lecithin acts as a surfactant in your hair mousse, it is a greasy tissue found in plants and creatures which helps your hair strands to become shiner.
- Panthenol: Panthenol is spellbound by its moisturizing element, it is widely used in skincare products as well as hair care ones. It helps in treating split ends and dry and dull hair.
Benefits of using a hair mousse
After talking about all the ingredients that go in hair mousse let us talk about some of the benefits of using hair mousse. Here are all the benefits of using hair mousse.
- Hair mousse helps in protecting your hair from humidity and holds the hairstyle in place so it is best to apply hair mousse before you style your hair.
- Hair mousse can help you in taming even the wildest of curls, It has a light consistency which means it does not weigh your hair down or make them grease it keeps your curls soft, crunch-free, and well-defined.
- Hair mousse naturally has a fluffy texture which provides your hair with a fuller, thicker, and bouncier look.
- Hair mousse can provide you the extra bounce and volume that you might be dreaming of.
- Hair mousse is not only great for hair styling but it can also protect your hair from heating tools, it is a must to apply either a heat protectant or a hair mousse before using heating appliances.
- Hair mousse is incredibly versatile and can work on any type of hair, this has to be one of the best benefits of it.
How to use hair mousse
After gathering all the important information on hair mousse let us move forward with how to use it. Here is a 3 step guide that will help you in using hair mousse without any trouble.
- Clean Your Hair: It is essential to Shampoo your hair and cleans them thoroughly to remove all the dirt, dust. Make sure you follow up with a conditioner to make sure that your hair is moisturized. Hair mousse works great on clean hair. You do not need to dry your hair completely, as hair mousse can work only on damp hair.
- A Little Goes A Long Way: Do not be overwhelmed with this process, take a small quantity of the hair mousse and spread it evenly from your roots to your tips. Massage in the hair mousse with your fingers and distribute it evenly in your hair.
- Style Your Way: The last step is to style your hair according to you. You can use a blow-dryer, a diffuser, a straightener, or a curler according to your hair requirement.
Hair mousse has become a must these days as it provides you with extra volume and protection. We hope this information has been of help to all of you, make sure you use a hair mousse before styling your hair every time.