Facial Cleanser: Benefits
The cleansing process is a vital part of the facial routine. Regardless of the type of facial routine you follow, using a face cleanser will help you achieve optimal results.
Benefits of face cleansers:
- Reduces enlarged pores
- Removes dead skin cells
- Removes dirt & bacteria
- Prevents breakouts
- Lessens acne scars
- Improves facial appearance
Some people look at face cleansers as a luxury, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. A face cleanser is a necessity for all skin types. Without a face cleanser, your skin is exposed to a lot of harmful particles. Those particles can be anything from dirt and oil to bacteria and other germs. That’s why it’s important to have a clean face no matter if your skin is oily or dry or even sensitive.
Types of Face Cleansers
The face is one of those body parts that may require special treatment. There are numerous options to choose from when it comes to face cleansers. In order to select the best face cleanser for your skin, you need to consider your skin type. Different types of face cleansers exist, and each of them is designed specifically for certain types of skin problems.
Each of the skin types has specific requirements that can be fulfilled by using a different type of face cleanser. Hence, if you have combination skin, you may feel finding a suitable type of face cleanser is difficult. However, not knowing your skin type does not mean that this is the only option you are left with. Speciality stores may also offer more specific types of face cleansers.
The face is the mirror of health and beauty. Healthy skin provides us with a beautiful appearance. It can get complex at times when complex skin problems kick in. Such skin problems are acne, pimples, blackheads, dry skin or oily skin. Cleansing plays an important role in removing all the dirt and impurities from our skin that get accumulated during the course of the day. We generally use different ingredients that can never provide a universal solution to all types of skin problems.
The right face cleanser will not only remove the dirt and makeup from your face but will also restore the lost glow and freshness to your face. There are different types of face cleansers available in the market but people always get confused between face wash and cleansers. Face washes can also be of different types such as foaming face wash, hydrating face wash, deep cleansing face wash, etc.
Here we are going to discuss about different types of face cleansers –
- Gel or cream-based face cleansers: These come in a gel or cream form and help you remove all the dirt and impurities from your face. It also helps remove oil and makeup, leaves your skin refreshed, and does not strip off moisture from the skin.
- Foam cleansers: Foam cleansers start out as cream or gel and burst into a rich, foamy lather. This type of cleanser removes excess oil as effectively as gel cleansers. A foam cleanser can also be used to remove layers of makeup.
- Oil cleansers: The idea of pouring more oil on oily skin may sound absurd but these cleansers actually contain an oil base that removes dirt on the skin without interfering with the skin barrier. The natural oil in the skin works together with the cleanser to balance skin pH.
- Clay cleansers: Clay cleansers are best known for their absorbing properties. They purify the skin by drawing out excess oil and toxins from the pores. Perfect for oily and combination skin, clay cleansers are also suitable for sensitive skin as they don’t usually have any scrubs or harsh acids.
- Water-based cleansers: Usually, water-based cleansers are just regular old soap but they range from heavy-duty to gentle. On the more intense end of the spectrum, these contain sulfates, which are considered highly potent for facial cleansing.
How to Choose Face Cleansers?
Face cleansers are products that every person must use when cleaning the face. Proper cleaning of one's face with a good cleanser is essential for having healthy and beautiful looking skin. Face cleansers help in removing all dirt and impurities from skin pores.
There's a lot of information out there on which face cleansers are right for your skin type, but it can be hard to tell where to start. Some cleansers are specifically geared toward oily or acne-prone skin, while others can be used by all skin types. When choosing a face cleanser, the most important thing to remember is that your unique skin type will determine if a cleanser will work for you.
There are many types of face cleansers available in the market. These are natural, gel-based, cream-based, foam cleansers, water-based, clay cleansers, etc. The usage of these types of face cleansers depends entirely on the user’s skin texture and skin type.
People with oily skin should make use of water-based and oil-free face cleansers while people with dry skin should make use of cream-based face cleansers. People with combination and sensitive skin types can use gel-based face cleansers.
Face always defines your personality and makes you an attractive person. So, it is very important to take extra care of your facial skin. To ensure proper and effective care for facial skin, you need to use the best and appropriate face cleansers for your facial skin type.
Face cleansers eliminate build-up from makeup and pollution, which helps skin appear fresher and clearer. You can try different types of cleansing agents available in the market but we highly recommend consulting a dermatologist before moving forward with any decision regarding cleansing agents so as to avoid any kind of side effects.