Ways to relieve scalp pain
Scalp pain may be common to you and everyone you know, we often deal with it from time to time. Scalp pain is a very common reaction to an infection or dandruff infestation.
Scalp pain can vary from person to person as everyone has a different form. Some people feel itching, some may feel a burning sensation, and others may feel tingling. There could be a lot of underlying factors for this sensation and today we will talk about some of these factors and how to get rid of them.
What causes scalp pain?
Before diving deep into the methods to relieve pain let us first understand the causes of skin pain. Here are some of the common causes of scalp pain.
- Tight ponytails or complex hairstyles
- Scalp psoriasis
- Scalp folliculitis
- Seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Chemical in shampoo
- Dysesthesia or burning hair syndrome
- Head injuries
- Scalp pain or allodynia caused by migraine
- Frequent use of helmets
- Regular use of hair dryers, curlers, or hair straighteners
After looking at all the possible causes of scalp pain let us move forward on how we can treat it and make it better.
How to treat scalp pain?
Let us talk about all the possible ways to treat scalp pain.
Understand your underlying medical conditions
If you are facing scalp pain on a regular basis then this can point to an underlying medication condition, in this case, it is important to get in touch with your dermatologist and follow everything that they suggest. You can also do a quick at-home self-examination by gently brushing your hair to check if your scalp has flakes. If yes then you may be suffering from eczema, psoriasis, or dandruff.
If you often have headaches then your scalp pain may be because of your headache, folliculitis is another inflamed infection that can occur in your scalp consult your doctor and they may put on an antibacterial cleanser and an antibiotic that will help in getting rid of your infection.
Discontinue chemically infused products
If you are using products made with harsh chemicals that you may have an allergic reaction to them which may cause itching or pain in your scalp. It is always advised to use natural-based products on your scalp, the harmful SLS and parabens can unbalance the pH levels in your scalp and cause painful reactions. We have just the perfect shampoo for all of you.
Groww B Shampoo protects the hair follicles from breaking and makes hair thick and durable. This shampoo is made with natural ingredients and is free from SLS and harmful parabens. To get a better result we will advise you to use this shampoo for 60 days and within the course of this time, you will notice a change in your hair texture and hair fall.
Ingredients of this shampoo:
This shampoo contains ingredients like:
- Aloe Vera Extract
- Watercress Extract
- Argan Oil
- Liposomal Caffeine
Scalp Massage With Essential Oils
Scalp massage always works wonders on any type of scalp pain, you can use your preferred essential oil, but make sure you always use a carrier oil to dilute first. Apply the oil with your fingertips or a cotton ball evenly on your scalp and hair. Gently massage for 15 minutes and keep it on for an hour or if you want you can also keep it on overnight.
Here are the top 3 essential oils that you should use:
- Lavender oil: This essential oil has natural anti-microbial and stress-relieving properties. All you need is to dilute 8-10 drops of lavender oil in 2-3 tsp of carrier oil and massage it gently into your scalp.
- Rosemary Oil: This essential oil helps in improving the blood circulation in your scalp by healing the damaged nerves and reducing inflammation. Follow the same steps as mentioned above.
- Tea Tree Oil: This oil is very effective in reducing scalp pain that may occur due to microbial infections like psoriasis or dandruff. It has strong anti-microbial properties. Follow the same steps as mentioned above
Home remedies to treat scalp pain
You can treat any problem with home remedies, here are two of the best home remedies to treat scalp pain.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice has anti-inflammatory properties which means it can relieve scalp pain, not only this but lemon is also acidic in nature and can restore the pH balance of your scalp. You can add a few drops of lemon juice to your shampoo and rinse it off thoroughly.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera is enriched with anti-inflammatory properties and is extremely soothing to your scalp. If you have an aloe vera plant then you can cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf to extract the pulp, then apply it on your scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes, rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
Scalp pain and tenderness are common so do not worry if you are also going through it, we hope that the information we shared above is helpful to you. Keep reading with us for more tips and tricks.