Teenage Skin Problems
People have always wondered how celebrities get their glowing skin. More often than not, the answer to that question is correct skincare. As a teenager, your skin is still in the process of maturing and you need to start thinking about what you put on your skin.
Teenagers are at the prime of their youth and beauty. However, as they go through their teenage years, they tend to neglect their skin and fail to take care of it. But rest assured, being a teen doesn't have to be a life sentence for acne, pimples, whiteheads and other skin problems. With a few simple tips and tricks, you can save your skin from those nasty problems.
Teenagers have a lot of issues to deal with during their adolescence. Issues like pimples, simple blackheads and whiteheads, or much more complex problems can come from what teenagers do in their daily routine.
Teenage skin is a very sensitive area and can be prone to many problems like acne, unhealthy skin and pimples. This basically is due to the hormonal surge that is occurring in the body. It is during this time that strong hormones begin their effects on the body which may lead to the above-mentioned problems.
In addition, there might be some specific reasons why a teenager faces acne and pimples problems. Actually, due to bacteria and dirt on the skin, these problems occur.
The best solution for this issue is to clean the skin properly. For this, you can use face packs and face washes that are available in the market. Also, you can use cucumber slices for the same purpose.
They are very good for the skin and are cost-effective as well. Another useful tip that you can follow is to change your pillowcase frequently since your face may get stained due to the oil from your hair.
8 Effective Skincare Tips for Teenagers
As someone who is about to reach the age of adulthood, it is important that you get to know more about taking care of your skin. As a teenager, you might not want to listen to what your parents or anyone else have to say about looking after your complexion, but let’s be honest – they are actually helping you.
Skincare tips for teenagers are important as teenagers' skin requires special attention but it can be tricky, as many teenagers have never had to pay attention to their skin.
Here are a few skincare tips for teenagers:
- The first thing to do is to take care of your skin. Do not forget to moisturize it and protect it from the sun: apply a broad-spectrum SPF 30+ sunscreen in the morning under your makeup.
- Once you have taken care of your skin by day, you must do it by night. A night cream is also essential for a healthy and radiant complexion. Your skin rejuvenates itself during the night when you are sleeping. So, make sure to cleanse your face to remove all the traces of dirt and makeup. Apply an effective moisturizer, lip balm and hand cream before going to bed.
- Before you go to bed, make sure to wash your face properly with clean water after any make-up or dirt that has accumulated during the day. Use micellar water to wipe off the remnants of your makeup, dirt or oil from the surface of your skin. Do not leave makeup overnight as it will clog your pores and induce acne breakouts.
- You must also take care to remove eye makeup properly because it is the most fragile part of your skin. To do this, moisten a cotton pad with a makeup remover and gently cleanse your eyelids and lashes.
- If it is oily or acne-prone, you need to be careful of what you use because most products are not made for all skin types. If you have dry skin, choose a non-soapy formula and salicylic acid for oil skin. Look out for moisturizers that are oil-in-water based or gel-based to avoid greasy texture.
- Staying hydrated is important for everyone, but even more for teenagers who are prone to acne. Water helps to flush out toxins from your body and keeps everything running smoothly on the inside. Your skin will look better immediately when you drink more water. Just remember that the best type of water to drink is filtered water and stay away from soda and juice so that you don't add extra sugar to your diet which in turn will cause more breakouts.
- To avoid clogged pores that result from hormonal imbalance, keep your skin exfoliated. Look out for products that contain clay and use it every once a week to clean pores.
- Treat your acne with the right remedy. Use Mars by GHC’s Anti-Acne Gel to prevent and treat active acne. It contains ingredients that have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties which are extremely helpful in acne treatment.
In every teenager’s life, skin problems are inevitable. Teenage skin is very fragile, sensitive and very easy to get affected by all sorts of diseases and problems.
Teenagers are often not particular about their skincare. As a result, they are mostly found complaining about pimples, acne and other skin issues. During the teenage years, there is an enormous amount of change that occurs due to the influence of hormones and the new environment.