Skin is the most pampered and cherished sense of organ in human beings. We can’t let anything happen to our precious skin. Irrespective of gender, oily skin is depicted to be a major concern. When summer is coming, people with oily skin feel very conscious about their skin. The sebaceous glands secrete even more oil, due to heat. Which makes their face look oily and they are more prone to pimples. Hormones play a vital role in this type of skin.
Usually, skin starts becoming oily from puberty and lasts till mid-age. This is hereditary in a few people and in some people due to lifestyle.
Skin Care Guide to Clear Out Oily Skin
- Wash the face as many times as you can, because it retains the oil. And use soap and warm water for washing the face. Don't use soap, if aggregated with odour and added moisturizers. As it can aggravate the skin and make it produce more sebum. Keep away your skin from rough towels and loofahs, as may induce rubbing and trigger the skin to produce more oil.
There are few cleansers, which can fight against oily skin like salicylic acid, ascorbic acid, glycolic acid, beta hydroxy acid and benzoyl hydroxide, which can wipe off the oil from the face.
Astringents are present in the toners, which wipes away the oil and fights acne and tighten the skin. Natural astringent is lemon which consists of ascorbic acid and can reduce the oil from the skin.
- It is compulsory to wash the face during “MORNING” and ‘’NIGHT’’ times to eliminate oil and peel off the dust and dirt from the skin, use a face wash which exfoliates the skin. Most people think that it's okay to skip the morning face wash on the assumption that they have washed in the night and need not wash in morning times; absolutely in false belief, because at night times our skin is working on skin cells so, it will churn out oil from the face, that is why it is mandatory to wash face with good cleanser in the morning and night time should be administered.
- Managing the skin is very important, to project radiance in the skin, so, if you’re the one who has oily skin, go with sulphur or benzoyl peroxide in the daytime because it helps in retaining oil and blocks skin breakouts.
- Moisturizing is very significant, irrespective of your skin type. Though it is oily, do moisturize the skin with the moisturizer which is oil-free, lightweight and water-based. It makes your skin flawless and radiating.
- According to the studies, the use of blotting paper can reduce excess oil from the skin. The procedure for this is quite simple, just take one blotting paper and clasp it on the skin to absorb the oil in blotting paper.
- Wash your face after exercise, because while exercising our skin flush out sweat, oil and dirt, post-exercise washing face is important.
- Make sure to apply a sunscreen that consists of titanium dioxide, zinc oxide and spf30, while stepping out from home, because it will help in not pervading acne breakouts. After applying moisturizer do follow up with sunscreen.
- Serum is required for oily skin because it consists of a few molecules which are infused deep into the skin and provide skin with nourishment and portray the skin with a good glow.
- Oily skin is such an asset for people, as it does not show fine lines, wrinkles and ageing like dry skin does. However, one needs to use face mask for oily skin in order to control the oil production.
Remedies for Oily Skin
Eggs and lemon are a friendly combination to treat oily skin. The lemon has antimicrobial properties and vitamin c which help in absorbing oil. Eggs help in tightening the skin. Take a small bowl, add an egg white and squeeze half lemon in it and gently apply on skin. After 20 minutes, wash it with warm water.
Almonds are the best remedy for exfoliating the skin. Take a few almonds and grind it into a fine powder and add a tablespoon of honey in it and apply on the skin and massage in circular motions for a few minutes make it remain for 15 minutes then wash your face with lukewarm water.
Oily skin is genetic and in some cases, it is caused by a few hormonal actions, but we can prevent it by getting worse by avoiding fried, oily food, junk food, sugared and processed drinks. Don't go with the temptation of putting on lots of makeup, it will only worsen the condition of the skin. Avoid using foundation, instead, go with water-based products that hydrate your skin. Drink lots of water and load your plate with green leafy vegetables and exercise regularly.