Permanent Treatment for Male Pattern Baldness
Male Pattern Baldness
Feeling sad? That your hair is ripping away from the scalp, don’t worry or feel baffled, you’re on the right page, to check the varied reasons and solutions to the problem you’re facing.
Baldness is the most common problem these days, irrespective of gender, but, mostly males are being affected by this problem much more than females. It just starts minutely by shedding 50 to 100 hair per day which is normal, but it rises gradually day by day and leads to “BALDING”. Shedding out the hair and creating baldness involves many factors.
Balding is nothing but “immoderate” hair falling from the head. The scientific name for the term blading is “androgenetic alopecia”(excessive hair fall in men and women).
There are three stages involved in hair generation:
- Anagen phase: This is also called the growing phase of hair on the scalp, it lasts 2 to 4 years. 90% of hair is present on the scalp in the anagen phase.
- Catagen phase: In this phase, the hair follicles shrink in the scalp and last for 2 to 4 weeks, also called the “transition” phase.
- Telogen phase: This is the phase where the hair starts to shed continuously and is also called the resting phase.
After the telogen phase, if hair starts to grow, then it is normal. If hair falling is continuous and there is no regrowth, then it is called balding.
Causes of Male Pattern Baldness
- Genes and hormones: Balding is hereditary, it is passed on from one generation to another generation. Hair fall takes place due to an enzyme called 5-alpha reductase, which converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone. Both hormones are called “androgens”. Hair follicles are susceptible to rise in dihydrotestosterone, and the anagen phase duration decreases results in balding.
- Normal ageing process: As we celebrate yearly birthdays, you can just see the decline in the thickness of your hair. Age is a fundamental theme in balding, which is normal.
- Pollution: Mention any problem, which isn’t caused by pollution! Air pollution is the main risk factor in balding. Exposure to harmful radiations, dust, smoke. Which intoxicates our body leads to hair fall and balding.
- Medication: For a few people, some medications are not suitable or some medicines have side effects, they are gonna affect health in many ways, like, hair fall.
- Diet: Poor diet is one of the reasons, that is, protein low diets lead to hair fall.
- Thyroid: This is a condition where, if thyroid gland produces inadequately leads to hypothyroidism, and abundant production of the thyroid causes hyperthyroidism. Which may result in ‘’BALDNESS’’.
- Use of hair styling products: Abundant use of hair styling products, such as straighteners, dryers, curlers and hair colouring products.
- Ringworm and scalp fungicide infections, retards hair growth.
Male Pattern Baldness Treatment
- Enrich the diet with ample amounts of protein.
- Exercise, yoga.
- Protein-rich injections
- Using hair treatment products for regrowth.
Hair transplantation is one of the methods to restore hair.
Benefits after hair transplantation:
Hair transplantation is a natural process, which doesn’t involve any chemicals. It is just shifted from donor to recipient scalp naturally.
It makes people less worried about all the hair-related issues they have faced. It gives a solution to the dwindling hairline and hair loss too. It is one of the assured treatments when one’s done, they are not gonna face any hair problems anymore.
This is one of the most well-grounded and enduring treatments, which can change the complete look and appearance of the hair and face. So, say goodbye to thin, empty and awful space on the head. This is the technique where you’ll get a head full of hair that makes you feel confident and beautiful.
The following transplanted hair appears as a natural one, where one won’t be needed with any kind of costly shampoos and conditioner to maintain the density, because the hair grows naturally, as they have been taken from the person's armpits and groin regions. It requires low maintenance and is done only once. Although, many people get this treatment every year to increase the density of hair.
This is a bit costly and varies from person to person, it even depends on the type of surgeon, locality too.
Minoxidil for Male Pattern Baldness
Minoxidil is a potent ingredient for people with thinning hair. The product comes as a gel or foam and is meant to be applied topically to the scalp on a daily basis.
When people first start using minoxidil to restore their hair, some notice that they actually start losing more of it. This is a temporary phase. There are plenty of clinical trials that suggest the use of minoxidil for moderate hair loss caused by alopecia.
Symptoms of male pattern baldness are observed as a slow thinning of the hair, on top of the head, is seen. The hair dwindles slowly and doesn't grow again in stagnant regions.