Onion Oil for Hair Benefits
Hair is an alpha-keratin protein filament that grows through follicles found in the dermis. Hair is an important characteristic of mammals. Hair is the most numerous and sensitive part of the human body. Haircare is to be given its importance from hair growth to hair strength. There are various substances available in the market to take care of hair growth. One of them is hair oil.
Hair Oil for Hair Growth
As the hair is naturally smooth and sophisticated on the above but behaves friction at the bottom of its root part, it needs viscous fluid to maintain its balance. As oil is a non-polar chemical substance with viscous properties in liquid form, it is a suitable form of application for hair maintenance. To avoid hair loss, dryness, colour change, breakage, frizziness, hair oil of any extract is to be applied on a daily or weekly basis for a lifetime. To keep scalp dandruff free and pollutant-free, oil is a helpful liquid to maintain hair hydration.
Hair Oil Purposes
Hair oil is a viscous liquid applied to the hair as a cosmetic, conditioner, styling aid, restorative, or tonic. Various hair oils are in use for various purposes such as hair growth, hair health, hair hydration, scalp, or fixing damaged hair.
Different Hair Oils
An oil massage increases hair growth by encouraging the hair follicles and uplifting blood circulation to the scalp. The massage increases the tensile strength of the hair, reduces curliness, prevents breakage, and makes it overall more manageable. Hair oils don't limit to one extract. There are various essential oils for hair growth. A few of them are lavender oil, peppermint oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, babassu oil, burdock oil, rosemary oil, cedarwood oil, lemongrass oil, tea tree oil, thyme oil, clary sage oil, olive oil, almond oil, argan oil, castor oil, amla oil, watermelon seed oil, jojoba oil, bergamot oil, ylang-ylang oil, red onion oil, eucalyptus oil, etc.
Onion Oil for Hair
Onion is an antioxidant-rich vegetable that is also versatile and used in different food preparations in India and across the world. Onion contains volatile oil, fixed oil, protein, cellulose, sugars and minerals. The potentiality of contents in onion and its volatile oil nature has made it a great oil maker.
Here are various onion oil benefits for hair:
- The main purpose of onion oil towards hair growth and health is to reduce hair fall, treat scalp health, & promotes regrowth. Onion oil is filled with antioxidants that produce enzymes restricting hair loss.
- Onion oil blends well with any other oil like coconut oil or sesame oil and can be used as a carrier oil to reap its benefits.
- Onion hair oil helps nourish your hair strands to make them look healthy and lustrous.
Onion oil helps to increase the blood supply to the hair follicles which improves hair growth and prevents hair loss. Onion oil is rich in compounds that help with blood circulation.
- Onion hair oil helps hair growth and reduces hair fall by stimulating your scalp and improving the circulation of blood. It keeps your scalp moisturised and promotes strengthened hair.
- Onion oil would also balance the pH of your scalp and improve blood circulation.
- Massaging the onion oil on the scalp encourages blood flow to each capillary in the scalp to active regrowth and help combat baldness.
- Onion oil, rich in sulphur, potassium and antioxidants, reduces hair fall and accelerates hair regrowth which prevents breakage, split ends and thinning of hair.
- With its high sulphur content, Onion Oil reduces hair thinning and helps in the regeneration of hair follicles.
- Onion hair oil helps in promoting new hair growth. It prevents premature greying of hair. Using onion oil on a regular basis will effectively prevent and treat baldness.
- Onion oil is rich in vitamin A, C, E & B-complex that helps to give complete nourishment to the hair and scalp and help with hair volume.
- Onion oil has potent anti-bacterial properties and helps fight infections of the scalp. Dandruff is an obstacle to the growth of hair. It irritates the scalp resulting in scratches that would lead to hair loss finally. The scratch can produce repeated inflammation which in a way stops hair growth. Onion oil is one of a few of the oils applicable to remove dandruff from the scalp.
Any given hair oil, when applied gently on the scalp and rubbed for some time, soothes head muscles, relaxes the nervous system, and stimulates hair follicles. The overall benefit of hair oil is to keep your head cool and content. Even though there are other hair products like shampoo, conditioner, and sprays, the most economical and effective is hair oil. It helps in rapid hair growth.