Oil treatment or hair spa
Oil treatment and hair spa both are great alternatives to rejuvenate and pamper your hair. Earlier hair spa could only be done at a salon and we would have to spend a huge chunk to get it done but with changing times hair spa can be easily done at home with bare minimum products.
Oil treatment has been in our roots, our ancestors have always been in favor of oiling and massaging the scalp to hydrate the scalp and keep the hair follicles healthy. With busy schedules and changing environments, we hardly get time to oil our hair and hence people started preferring hair spa.
Today we will be comparing the two processes and see which one is better for our hair.
OIL TREATMENT AND ITS BENEFITS
Ayurveda oiling is one of the most important processes to keep our hair nourished, it strengthens hair follicles which makes the new hair healthier and stronger. Oiling regulates cellular metabolism and is one of the best processes if you are dealing with hair fall and want to regenerate hair growth.
Heating up the oil before applying it to your scalp has a better effect on hair growth. Let us look at some of the benefits of oil treatment.
- Delays Follicle Miniaturization: As we age some specific hormones block our hair follicles and try to weaken them, men face the issue of premature balding due to DHT attacking the hair follicles. Regular scalp massage with the oil of your choice can help in unclogging your follicles making them thick and increasing your hair density.
- Minimizes The Loss Of Protein & Calcium: our hair strands are made up of a vital protein called keratin, which is why it is advised to add protein-rich food to your diet. As we age, our body starts losing on protein and calcium but we can restore them with the help of natural oils. Oiling can help in restoring all the lost protein and can help the hair follicles to become stronger than before.
- Regulates Sebaceous Glands: The sebaceous glands present on our scalp produce a substance called 'sebum' which is extremely natural. However, excess sebum can damage the hair follicles, regular oil massage creates a healthy balance of the sebum produced keeps the hair follicles healthy.
- Repairs Hair Breakage: oil massages can intensely repair your cuticles and hair shafts. They can also help you in clearing out all the damage and replenish the lustrous and natural shine of your hair. Regular oil massage can condition your hair from within as oils penetrate deeper into your scalp.
- Enhances Hair Growth: gentle massage also helps in amping up your blood circulation and giving the hair follicles all the essential nutrients and minerals for regenerating hair growth.
- Reduces stress: this is a tried and tested one, if you have a lot of work stress or environmental stress then take a break mask from your mother to give you a nice head massage and it will instantly make your mood better.
HAIR SPA AT HOME AND ITS BENEFITS
Getting a hair spa done for a salon can be a little costly but we have the perfect alternative, do it on your own hair spa at the comfort of your home.
Here are the simple steps that you need to follow.
- Massage your scalp: the first step is massaging your scalp for about 5-10 minutes. You can use any oil of your choice, it can be coconut, olive. If you want an extra kick then you can also add a few drops of Vitamin E.
- Wear a damp towel on your head: wear a clean and warm towel on your head, this will make sure that all the goodness of oil gets absorbed by the scalp. You can leave it on for about 5 minutes.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water: Hot water can damage your follicles so we suggest that you use lukewarm water while washing your hair to prevent further damage and dryness.
- Apply your mask: the last step to this is applying your mask. Make sure you use a mask specifically to your issues of concern. Start applying the mask from your roots to your length. Leave the mask on for about 30-45 minutes rinse it off with lukewarm water and natural shampoo.
This is how you can make do with a hair spa at home with minimal products. Now let us share some benefits of hair spa with you.
- Removes impurities and unclogs pores: during hair spa we use a hot towel to open up the college scalp pores, by gently massaging the scalp we remove all the impurities of the scalp, creating a perfect balance. A hair spa every 3-4 months can help in hair growth.
- Helps in improving blood circulation: hair spa also helps in making the hair follicles stronger and healthier. It improves overall scalp health. Hair spa is a form of self-love you can do on the days you feel you need extra care and love and we are sure it will help.
- Moisturizes the scalp: Hair spa treatments are infused with essential oils and moisturizing ingredients to promote a healthy and hydrated scalp. The hair mask is also a very hydrating and moisturizing part of the hair spa.
- Helps in reducing dandruff: Hair spa treatments aim at balancing the pH levels of your scalp. This also helps in reducing itchiness and flakiness of the skin which may be caused by dandruff. If you suffer from dandruff, you must go to a hair spa frequently.
According to us, both oil treatment and hair spa are important for the overall growth of the hair. You can add oil treatment as a regular practice in your schedule whereas hair spa is more of a once a few months. Both of these have equal benefits and are great for your hair. Hope you enjoyed the article and learned a new way to get your home spa done.