Neem for acne
Acne is one of the common skin problems that most teenagers and adults face. Everybody has an understanding of how harmful acne is, and how it ruins your confidence. Well, acne is not a serious problem, but it can be a social issue regarding self-esteem. Acne may also have different names in different countries.
Acne is a common skin condition that occurs when the pores in the skin get clogged with oil, dirt and dead skin cells. These blockages cause breakouts on the skin surface. There are a number of natural ways to cure acne problems at home, one of them is using neem.
Neem is an effective and very popular ingredient in Indian medicine. It is used for a variety of health benefits as well as medicinal purposes. Neem is widely used not only in India but also in other countries as it has many health benefits which are proven by scientific facts.
Symptoms of Acne
The most common type of acne is called Acne vulgaris. Although it affects almost 90% of adolescents in some form or the other, it can affect both genders regardless of age. Acne symptoms are redness, inflammation, and numerous whiteheads, blackheads, pimples and pustules.
Causes Of Acne
Acne is a skin disease that concerns about 10% of the world's population. Acne is characterized by pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads, on the skin around the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. Both teenagers and adults are affected by acne. The common cause of acne is bacteria and a blockage of hair follicles. Other causes of acne include hormone changes, stress, scratching, dirt etc.
Neem for Acne and Pimples
Neem contains antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties which help in curing acne naturally and also cleans the skin by controlling dead cells production.
Neem can fight any kind of breakouts and bring relief to the skin from itching.
To prepare an anti-acne neem pack for your face, follow these steps:
- Boil neem leaves and orange leaves in a bowl of water.
- When the leaves become soft, remove them from the bowl and grind them to make a fine paste.
- You can add either honey or lemon juice to this mixture.
- Apply the paste on your face and let it dry for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse the paste using water and use this neem pack twice a week for better results.
Neem As a Skin Cleanser
The antibacterial properties of neem keep a check on acne, pimples and black/whiteheads by clearing excess oil and dirt from the face.
To use neem as a cleanser, just boil some neem leaves in water. Then, keep it aside for some time to cool. Strain and store the liquid in a bottle and apply it to your face with the help of a cotton ball.
Neem Nourishing Face Pack
Neem has healing properties that can reduce rashes, irritation, burns and infections. Neem nourishes the skin and prevents dryness.
To prepare a nourishing face pack with neem, follow these steps:
- Mix two teaspoons of neem powder, two teaspoons of sandalwood powder and one teaspoon of rose water in a bowl of water.
- Mix all the ingredients to prepare a fine paste.
- Apply the paste directly to your face and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face using cold water and use this paste once a week for effective results.
- You can also add turmeric powder and neem powder to make a paste. This pack will make your skin glow even more.
Neem can Cure Scalp Infections
Neem has antifungal properties that can treat different kinds of scalp infections. The antiseptic properties of neem can add lustre and shine to dull and dry hair.
To use neem for scalp infections, follow these steps:
- Mix a few drops of warm neem oil with olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and massage in a circular motion for 5 minutes and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off using an SLS-free shampoo.
- Repeat this pack thrice a week to treat mild scalp infections.
- It is recommended to do a patch test before applying neem oil and olive oil on your scalp.
Neem Fights Dandruff
Neem can be used to get rid of dandruff. It can also relieve the scalp from dryness and itching. To make a neem pack to treat dandruff, follow these steps:
- Mix four teaspoons of neem powder with water to make a fine paste.
- Apply the paste to your scalp and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water and repeat this pack once a week for better results.
Neem can Fade Blackheads
Neem is an exfoliating agent that can pull out all the impurities on your face, including whiteheads and blackheads. To make a neem pack for blackheads, follow these steps:
- Mix neem powder and turmeric powder.
- Add some water to the powder and make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Some other Health Benefits of Neem
Apart from facial benefits, neem is widely known for treating other health ailments as well. Neem powder can flush out the harmful toxins from the blood, making the immune system stronger than ever.
Neem powder can control blood sugar levels as it has the goodness of flavonoids, glycosides, triterpenoid, etc.
Neem powder can treat intestinal worm, ulcers, thereby promoting the digestion process.
Neem extracts gel can treat dental plaque when applied to the teeth and gum. It can also prevent tooth decay.
Neem is loaded with detoxifying properties which are vital for refining blood. It enhances blood circulation throughout the body by purifying the blood.
Acne usually appears on oily skin. When hair follicles become blocked with dead skin cells and oil from the skin, germs grow in them. This causes pimples to appear on the surface of the skin. Neem is one of the most effective home remedies to treat acne and other facial infections. However, neem can be harmful to people with extremely sensitive skin. So it is always recommended to do a patch test before applying neem directly on the face.