Monsoon hair care tips
Monsoon is the season when the greenery of the earth is painted in bright colours. Nature becomes colourful, beautiful and attractive. In fact, this is the time which is known as the season of love. This is not just about romantic love, even everyone around you feels immense love for nature as well as for their loved ones! However, this is also the time when nature becomes vulnerable and can harm us, especially our hair.
How to take care of hair in rainy season?
- During the monsoon, heat and humidity make hair look dull and lifeless. Hair seems frizzy instead of shiny. Hair looks limp and greasy and no amount of styling can help or hide the frizz. It gets even worse when the weather is humid. With these tips you can deal with all the challenges summer brings to your hair.
- Dealing with wet hair during monsoon can be a tough job but you can make it easy by using a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair after drying. Wait for your hair to dry naturally so that you don’t induce hair fall.
- A balanced diet is important not just for your skin but for your hair as well. The essential nutrients in the diet can promote healthy hair growth by strengthening your hair follicles. Foods rich in omega-3 fats, iron, protein, such as spinach, walnuts, salmon, carrots, etc are good choices to include in your diet. Avoid eating processed foods and caffeine as it can dehydrate your scalp and hair, ultimately causing hair fall. Drink plenty of fluids in the form of water, juices and smoothies to rejuvenate your hair.
- A haircut might not be a good solution for many people, but it can reduce the stress of maintaining hair during monsoons. Short hair is comparatively easier to maintain than long hair because you do not have to devote much time to it.
- Avoid letting your hair come in contact with rain because rainwater can give you unwanted hair problems like deposits of dirt, grime and pollutants on your scalp and hair. This can cause dandruff and other hair problems. Do not forget to take your waterproof jackets or umbrellas every time you step out. This is the easiest way to prevent your hair from getting wet.
Should You Apply Oil on Your Hair During Monsoon Season?
It might seem counterintuitive, but our hair needs essential oils even in monsoon season to grow healthily. We recommend using an oil that has antibacterial and antifungal properties so that it can penetrate the scalp easily and strengthen your hair follicles.
How to Take Care of Oily Hair in the Rainy Season?
The scalp becomes oily during the monsoon, giving the hair a flat look. A lightweight and gel-based shampoo and conditioner might give volume to the hair. Also, wash your hair regularly to get rid of excess oil and dirt. Monsoon tends to make the hair oily and sticky, so one of the effective remedies would be to try out different hair masks.
How to Prevent Hair Fall in Monsoon?
During the monsoon, hair fall is one of the most common hair problems. While this is temporary, it can hamper your overall look. So, we recommend using anti-hair fall shampoos and conditioners which can strengthen your hair roots. Also, try out homemade hair masks or specially designed spas for treating hair fall. This will not only give volume to your hair but enough length as well.
Monsoon Hair Care Tips to Get Rid of Dandruff
Humidity during monsoon season leads to itchy and flaky scalp. This makes a perfect ground for dandruff. Therefore, using an effective anti-dandruff shampoo is the best option to treat dandruff during monsoon. Also, avoid using styling products/tools because they can aggravate dandruff by attracting dirt and pollutants.
How to Take Care of Frizzy Hair in Monsoon?
Humidity also makes our hair frizzy and dry. So, to get rid of frizziness during monsoons, we recommend using a cream-based shampoo and conditioner. To lock the moisture, you can also use a lightweight conditioner and mild shampoo. This will provide enough moisture to your hair, thus preventing frizziness. You can also add some hair masks to your hair care routine to soothe your hair cuticles.
The monsoon season sets in with a lot of gloom and some of us dread it. The cold rains that start pouring in throughout the month of July, make everyone go gloomy. But on the other hand, it is rejuvenating as well. A monsoon shower is considered to be very therapeutic and brings in a sense of peace and rejuvenation.
However, we must take extra care of our skin and hair during the rainy season because it makes our body vulnerable to many skin and hair problems. The aforesaid hacks can help you prevent your hair from damage during monsoons so that you don’t have to keep a check on rain as long as you are well prepared to deal with the effects of the monsoon.