Beard Oil for Men
Beard oil is a lightweight oil that hydrates your skin and softens your beard hair. Beard oil is a product that is used to assist in preventing beard-related conditions. It keeps the beard soft, manageable and shiny. It has many benefits. Beard oil is especially good for dry skin patches on your face and especially good in winter.
Beard oil benefits are plenty. When used regularly, you will see a significant improvement in the texture of your beard hair as well as the health and appearance of your skin below your beard.
Beard oil is a great way to keep your beard soft and hydrated and help it grow longer. If you're looking for the best beard oil, we've got you covered.
Beard Oil for Beard Growth
The growth of facial hair is a complex process involving various hormones and enzymes. It is, however, often affected by agents such as "dihydrotestosterone (DHT)".
DHT is a type of hormone that causes hair follicles to gradually shrink, resulting in a condition commonly referred to as "beardruff".
The main purpose of beard oil is to reduce beardruff and keep the beard soft and shiny. Those who use beard oil will definitely tell you that the application of beard oil has many benefits; increases manageability, softness, shine, and prevents itch which all leads to a healthier-looking beard. Beard oil improves blood flow to the hair follicles.
Factors to Consider before Buying Beard Oil
Beards are now the fashion statement of the century! While beard oil has become a craze in the fashion world, it is also important to consider that with the product there is some health and cosmetic issues.
The various beard oil products available in the market can be confusing and overwhelming at the same time for buyers. To help you choose the right brand for you, we have listed out some factors that you need to consider before buying a beard oil:
The first thing that you should consider before buying beard oil is the list of ingredients that it contains.
There are many brands that put harmful chemicals in their product, which can lead to serious skin problems. It is always advisable to do your research and find out whether the brand you are buying from has put any harmful ingredients in their product or not.
You should avoid beard oil that contains artificial fragrances and chemicals. You should also avoid silicone in your beard oil. Good quality oil will contain few ingredients and most importantly it will be pure. Beard oil should have natural ingredients that help moisturize and soften the hair follicles under your beard.
There are some ingredients you have to avoid while selecting the best beard oil. There are some serious, long-term effects of these ingredients which can be harmful. These ingredients can lead to serious side effects like itching, inflammation, acne and other skin related issues. These ingredients are Sulphates, Dimethicone, Chlorine, Formaldehyde, Phthalates, etc.
Fragrance-free does not necessarily mean it contains no fragrance. Usually, an oil or natural ingredient is added which acts as a fragrance but sometimes synthetic fragrances are added that can cause allergic reactions. Unscented beard oils may also have a fragrance to remove bad chemical odours.
A beard growth oil should help in preventing a patchy beard, dandruff, etc. It should promote beard growth and must remove dead skin cells.
A beard growth oil that contains onion oil, tea tree oil and jojoba oil will be best to provide nourishment to the beard. Tea tree oil has properties that can stimulate blood flow to the beard area and increased blood circulation will enhance the skin underneath the beard. Jojoba oil gets absorbed by the skin easily and since it is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids, it can moisturise the dry skin underneath the beard.
Apart from these two ingredients, a beard oil must contain Bhringraj oil that will improve blood circulation to the beard and maintain scalp hygiene.
Beard Grooming Tips
Beard grooming is an art that requires patience and attention to detail. Keeping a beard is not easy. You need patience, you need to invest in good quality beard care products and you also need to follow a few simple beard grooming tips, at least until your beard has been properly established.
We have put together a list of some of the most important beard grooming tips that will help you keep your beard clean from dirt and oils, making it look healthy and also making it grow faster.
- A beard can be a tough area to manage. If you want to achieve a handsome and dashing look with the help of your beard, you need to groom it and keep it in check in order to prevent infections. The first step is to wash your beard twice a week. You should avoid washing your beard every single day because it dries out the hair and skin.
- You can wash your beard at least twice a week to get rid of any dirt or oil build-up. The best time to wash the beard is when you are in the shower, just like you would wash your hair. All you need is a good quality beard shampoo that is specially made for men with long beards.
- After you wash your beard use beard oil that will nourish the hair and the skin. Beard oils are a dime a dozen these days, and we mean that in a good way. But not all beard oils are created equal. Some oils are better suited to certain hair types and growth patterns. Coconut oil is also very good because it is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and it helps with dandruff.
- For styling, you can also use coconut oil and let it sit on your beard for a few minutes to soften the hairs, then brush them with a boar bristle brush. Use the boar bristle brush every day or every other day to get rid of any tangles in your beard.
- End your beard grooming routine by applying moisturizer to your beard. The skin under the beard is much more exposed to the environment and it tends to get dry more often than the skin on your face. Moisturizing helps keep the beard soft and smelling good.
Facial hair grooming has been on the rise in India, especially for men who give importance to their appearance. It is considered a symbol of masculinity and dominance. Men are willing to go through all the effort just to grow a good-looking beard. If you are a man or you are getting ready to let your facial hair grow, make sure it is clean at all times and use beard oil that contains natural ingredients. As one undertakes the journey of growing a beard, it is also essential to know about the mistakes to avoid while grooming a beard.