Remove hair color at home
Hair coloring is not a new phenomenon, even in ancient India people used to dye their hair using natural plant-based products. However, with the growing technology and modern advancements, we have a lot more that people can explore and choose from.
Hair coloring differs from person to person, everybody has a unique choice and different hair colors bring out different personalities in people. Sometimes our experimenting can go wrong and that is when we need to remove the color from our hair.
Everybody talks about different types of color and how to apply them but not everyone talks about how to get rid of this color at home. Today we will be talking about some of the best ways to get rid of hair color at the ease of your home.
5 Ways to remove hair color at home
We all love experimenting with different tones but what to do if some of them do not go as planned. Here are some of the best ways in which you can remove hair color at home.
Anti-dandruff shampoo and baking soda
Hostile to anti-dandruff shampoo, color works like a charm when you need to remove some dramatic tones from your hair. A few washes with an anti-dandruff shampoo and some baking soda will diminish any tones waiting around, so do not worry and try this method out.
Each time you use this method, let the combination stay on your hair for a few minutes, then wash it off with some warm water.
This technique can easily dry your hair out. So you must use a nourishing and hydrating conditioner on your hair each time you wash so that your hair can get back to its original texture.
Use hydrogen peroxide
One of the best ways to remove your permanent hair color is by using hydrogen peroxide, however, we do not suggest you use this formula at home on your own. In case you are adamant to use hydrogen peroxide at home, here are some of the steps you must follow.
- All you need is to combine half hydrogen peroxide and half water in a spray bottle.
- You must shield your skin and hair, use gloves for your hands as hydrogen peroxide can be mildly irritating.
- Start by spraying a small amount on your hair first just to make sure you’re not allergic to this formula.
- If everything is going well then spray this solution onto your hair and let it sit for about fifteen minutes to an hour.
- The last step is to wash your hair out and shampoo them.
Vitamin C is considered one of the safest ways to remove hair color, especially the darker shades. Vitamin C contains acids that oxidize the color molecules and help the color to come out of the hair strands easily. Here is how you can use Vitamin C to remove hair color.
- The first step involves crushing a few Vitamin C tablets until then become a coarse powder.
- Then add some hot water to this powder that will help in making this into a thick paste.
- Then Immediately apply this mixture to your hair.
- Leave this mixture on for 10 to 30 minutes, rinse it off and use a deep conditioner to nourish your hair.
- If you do not get vital results by just using Vitamin C then you can also try a mixture of Vitamin C powder and anti-dandruff shampoo to remove hair color.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar works wonders for the hair, if you have tried it you would know. Apple cider vinegar not only alleviates a dry scalp, controls frizz, removes residue from hard water, eliminates product buildup, detangles, adds shine, and helps in reducing hair fall but it is also a useful ingredient in removing ahir color. Here is how you can use apple cider vinegar to revolve hair color.
- All you need is 1/2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one cup of water.
- After you are done shampooing your hair, pour this concoction over your hair and massage it for a minute or two, and then pour more water on your hair.
- While this concoction will not help you remove your permanent hair color, it can always help you create a light color. You will have to use this concoction a few times before you can actually see any results.
Using bleach can resolve your color issues but it is equally harmful to your hair texture and scalp. Bleach not only lightens any color that you might have but can also lighten your natural hair color so be sure before using bleach on your hair. Here is how you can use bleach to remove hair color.
- Start by mixing shampoo and bleach powder in equal ratios.
- We would advise you to start bleaching your hair with one strand first so that you are sure about the time and amount of product you need.
- You can leave it on for up to 30 minutes, but make sure you are checking on it every 5 minutes.
- The last step would involve washing your hair and using a nourishing conditioner to help in reducing the damage caused to the hair.
While applying hair color is fun removing it can be a hazard. Make sure you take care of your hair after removing the color as the process mentioned above can cause damage to your hair. We would suggest that you research more and choose your method wisely.