Lose weight from the hips
Losing weight is a process may it be from your lower body or your upper body, you will be able to lose weight in proportion only when you are on a calorie deficit diet and you are working out on a regular basis.
It is very important to realize that you can’t spot-reduce fat in one area of your body through diet or exercise. It is a process and it will work on your overall body. Once you start losing weight, you can focus on exercises that can help tone the muscles in and around your hips and lower body.
Losing weight is all about the number of effort you put into your body, if you are working out daily and have nutritious food then your body will definitely reward you.
Exercises to lose weight from the hips and lower body
Women by nature are heavy on their lower body at a lot of times this becomes a cause of concern, today we will be sharing some of the best exercises to lose weight from the hips and lower body.
Squats are one of the best and versatile exercises that will help you in targeting many of the muscles in your lower body. A lot of people like doing freehand squats which involve your body weight, however, some people like adding extra weight to their squat routine.
Here is how you can do squats
- Start by standing with your feet wide
- For freehand squats, you can put your arms in front of you as they will provide balance
- Things to keep in mind while performing squats engage your core, keep your back straight, keep your spine tall and go as low as you can
- Exhale when you stand back up
- Perform at least 10 to 15 repetitions 4 to 5 times
Side lunges are also called the lateral lunges and are a variation made in the regular front lunges.
Here is how you can do side lunges
- Start by standing with your feet a little wide, keep your body tall, core engaged, and eyes facing forward
- Take a wide step to your right and squat, repeat the same on the left side
- Perform this move, alternative sides, at least 12 to 16 times into 3 sets
Fire hydrants focus on your glutes and hip area and are one of the best exercises if you are looking to reduce some lower body fat. For this exercise, you will need a mat.
Here is how you can do a fire hydrant
- Start by placing your hands and knees on the ground
- Make sure you keep your gaze looking slightly ahead and down.
- Then engage your core, lift your right knee off the floor, and rotate it out to the side and up, repeat the same thing with your left knee.
- Make sure your knee is always bent
- Complete at least 10-12 repetitions for 3 sets.
Wall sits are just like squats hence they are also commonly known as wall squats. This exercise helps in building your core, strengthening your lower body muscles.
Here is how you can do wall sits
- Make sure that you are standing up straight with your back pressed against the wall, keeping your legs a few inches away from the wall.
- Then slowly slide down the wall, make sure you are in a sitting position with your legs at a right angle
- Try to hold this position for at least 20 to 30 seconds at a time.
- Once you get the hang of this exercise you can increase the time to 1 minute.
Other ways to reduce weight on the hips
Exercise is one of the best ways to keep your lower body in shape, however, you need to keep a check on your lifestyle too.
Calorie deficit diet
It is essential to follow a calorie deficit diet to help you lose weight. You can not lose a huge amount of weight within 15 days as it is a process but you can see a difference in yourself starting with a 15-day routine.
It is important to keep a track of your meals and cut down on your calories, start by adding salads to your lunch and dinners. Portion control is very essential. This is where a lot of people gain weight, not knowing how much your body requires can be harmful. Overeating is another reason a lot of people are unable to lose weight. Make sure you take 3 meals per day and in between you can take two snacks, it can contain any fruit or green tea and some nuts.
Drink lots of water
Drinking water is very essential to flush out all the toxins from our bodies. During the summer season, you should drink even more water so your body is hydrated at all times. Drinking warm water early in the morning also helps in regulating your metabolism, so always start your day on a healthy note.
Not only this but you can drink warm water with honey and lemon early in the morning this will improve your metabolism and give you the energy to work throughout the day.
Losing weight just from the hips area can be tough. Make sure you are losing weight all over your body, then you can start performing the exercises we have mentioned above to tone your lower body muscles.