Cutting your hair is a huge challenge because your hair can make or break your look, we often see people getting scared of going to a salon as they do not know what type of haircut they will get.
However, people find it extremely hard to cut hair at home too as the added risk factor to messing your hair is high, the current situation, the lockdown, and covid-19 made us all test our skills and we would like to share the confidence without fellow readers and support them to go ahead and make that decision.
Today we will be sharing some of the easy ways in which you can cut your hair and not mess them up.
Tips To Keep In Mind When Cutting Hair At Home
After talking about cutting your hair at home now let us get into the things that you must keep in mind while attempting it at home.
- Buy quality scissors: sharp and angled scissors are important to have if you plan on cutting your hair on your own. Consider utilizing accurate scissors or putting in a request for haircutting shears, they can be very sharp and dangerous to make sure you are careful.
- Hair trimmers for short hair: Hair trimmers have been precarious to discover, yet this is a decent trimmer that can be helpful if you want to just trim away your lengths. Trimmers are much easier to use and you need not worry about cutting your hair too short.
- Find support: Cutting your own hair in the mirror can be precarious. In the event that you can, get somebody to assist you with managing equally. If you have no one to assist you and you need to go for it single-handedly, utilize various mirrors, you can also click pictures to see how your hair is turning out to be.
- Consider the texture and length of your hair: Mistakes might be simpler to spot if your hair turns out to be wavy, short, dry, or particularly finished, so be careful.
- Start slow: Have you at any point utilized an amplifying mirror to tweeze your eyebrows, just use a mirror that is closer to you to see how your hair has turned out. A similar guideline applies to your hair. You can generally take off additional, however, there's no returning whenever you've cut away excessively.
- Stay away from horizontal lines: Hold your scissors straight here and there the length of your hair, as opposed to across it, and cut away only a bit at a time. This is particularly significant in case you're chipping away at bangs. Level lines are once in a while important for eliminating length, however, cutting upward holds your hair back from turning out to be excessively unpolished, an indication of at-home hairstyles. On the off chance that you've cut on a level plane, try to follow it up with vertical cuts to disperse the finishes and get it done look more regular. In case you're not feeling adequately dextrous to cut upward, take a stab at holding your scissors slanting.
Procedure For Cutting Your Hair At Home
When we go out to a fancy salon for a hair cut we do not have to worry about the little things, we just have to sit and enjoy the ride, but when you are doing all the work by yourself then you need to keep a lot of things in mind. Here is the procedure that you must follow to cut your hair at home.
- Wash and condition your hair, and let it dry completely because hair shrinks when it dries. Work out your tangles using a brush before getting started with the scissors. If your hair is frizzy, you can mist it with water, but try to avoid getting it too wet.
- Make sure you have your clippers and a comb on hand. Use clips to help section your hair into manageable segments, start with small segments and work your hair through the hair.
- Drape a cape or an old towel over your shoulders to avoid hair sticking to your clothes and body.
- Take your scissors and slowly cut your hair the way you want them to one at a time.
- Look in the mirror and see if they are all of the same length, you can also take the help of your family members to cut out any uneven part.
You can always cut your hair at home but if it is your first time doing it then be cautious, take time and seek help. If you have long hair then you might struggle a bit more as they would be hard to manage. Worry not, follow the tips we have shared above and you will be good to go.