Shampoo for hair
If you have too been the victim of huge marketing schemes then we are here to tell you why you need to opt for herbal shampoo instead of a chemically infused one.
Numerous brands in the market promote and advertise herbal ingredients in their shampoos but in reality, they are just a scam. For centuries we only used ayurvedic plants for different types of hair concerns and it is time to get back to our roots once again.
Today we will help you in choosing the right herbal cleanser for your scalp that will help you not only in cleansing your hair but will also provide nourishment and all the vital nutrients to your scalp.
Types of herbal shampoos
Herbal shampoos will not only be good for the scalp but will also be a blessing to our environment. Living more sustainably is the need of the hour. Here are the various types of herbal shampoos and their uses.
Shikakai is enriched with natural saponins and is an excellent cleanser for dirt and excess sebum-prone scalp, it also helps in retaining the natural oils of our scalp and hair.
Shikakai is infused with antifungal, anti-oxidant, and coolant properties, and works well for dandruff, lice infection, scalp inflammation, premature greying of hair.
How to use shikakai
- You need to start by soaking about 5-6 Shikaki pods and 2-3 pods of Retha in 2-3 cups of water, and leave it overnight.
- Then the next morning, boil these ingredients together in the water that they were soaked in last night.
- After the mixture is cooled down, store it in a bottle, gently use this shampoo on your scalp, massage for about 2-3 minutes, and rinse it with cold water.
Reetha is one of the best herbal shampoos if you are dealing with dandruff and an itchy scalp. It helps in repairing the damaged cuticles and helps in controlling inflammation.
If you have frizzy, dull, and dry hair, Reetha will help you achieve a better hair texture.
How to use Retha
- Start by soaking 7-8 Reetha pods in water overnight, and boil this mixture the next morning.
- Strain the mixture and store it in a bottle, apply it on your scalp and gently exfoliate using your fingers. Rinse it off with cold water.
- You can apply this shampoo twice a week for healthy and supple hair.
Amalaki is very well known to help in controlling hair fall, it is known for its collagen-stimulating powers. It also helps in hair growth, collagen helps to strengthen hair roots as it replaces the old and dry cells with new and active ones. Amalaki also helps in moisturizing the cuticles and helps with split-ends.
How to use Amalaki
- Start by mixing 2 tablespoons of Amalaki powder, 2 tablespoons of Shikakai powder. Add water to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to your scalp and the rest of the hair, you can either rinse it off after massaging it in for about 5 minutes or you can also leave this on for 40 minutes.
- You can apply for it once a week.
Brahmi is one of the most powerful and known Ayurvedic herbs, it is widely popular for treating stress-related hair loss.
Brahmi helps in accelerating hair growth as it provides nourishment and hydration to the roots. Brahmi is one of the best herbs to use if you are dealing with itchy, dry, or dandruff-prone scalp, it also adds shine to your hair and helps in boosting natural hair volume.
How to use Brahmi
- Start by mixing Brahmi powder, amla powder, and Shikakai powder, add water to make it into a paste
- Then apply the paste on wet hair, you can leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing it off with water.
- For best effects use this shampoo once a week.
Methika or Methi
Methika or methi contains natural saponins and other elements that help in controlling a dry scalp, it also helps in balancing the scalp pH.
Methi helps in enhancing hair growth, it is also used as a natural hair-smoother, if you are someone who is dealing with dandruff, hair thinning then Methi is the perfect ingredient for you. Methi helps in restoring the natural moisture of the scalp and will make your hair shinier and lustrous.
How to use Methi
- Start by soaking 8-10 grams of Methi seeds in water overnight. Then grind the seeds along with the water the next morning.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and gently massage it, you can leave it on for about 30 minutes before you rinse it off.
- You can apply this paste at least three times a week.
Natural shampoos are free from all toxins and harmful chemicals that may disturb the pH balance of your scalp. The above-mentioned herbal ingredients have been used for centuries by our ancestors for long, lustrous, and healthy hair. We hope you like the information we shared, do give these herbal shampoos a try.