Things to consider before buying shampoo for hair loss
Hair loss affects millions of people around the world and everyone has a different condition due to which they get hair fall, however, one common thing that most of these people use is Shampoo. Shampoo or Conditioner can be used in hair as an alternative to pesticides, which have been shown to cause hair fall.
We all use Shampoos on our Hair, earlier when we did not have Shampoos and things were certainly simpler people used to mix natural ingredients to wash their hair once in a while. With more and more brands coming up with their shampoos the traditional ways of washing hair got sidelined.
Reasons for Hair Fall
Here are a few reasons why you might be facing Hair loss
1) Androgenetic Alopecia
Androgenetic Alopecia is a form of hair loss that occurs both in males and females but in the male, it is also known as Male Pattern Baldness and happens men due to the excess production of testosterone in their body which causes Hair fall and also affects the Hair growth of new hair follicles. In females, it diffuses thinning of hair in the scalp area and knows as Female-pattern hair loss.
2) Hormones And Age
Our hormones can change with age, as hormonal composition changes your hair follicles respond to a hormone called DHT(Dihydrotestosterone) which causes hair fall. Many people also face Hair fall during Puberty, this is mostly temporary and with proper care can be resolved.
Hereditary is another major reason for hair fall, it can be carried forward from your mother's side aka maternal or father's side aka paternal, symptoms of this type of hair fall can be seen from an early age.
- Some scientific studies have linked male pattern baldness with male hormones called androgens. Sometimes due to high levels of 5α-reductase, high androgen levels are converted to Dihydrotestosterone commonly called DHT.
- Every hair on your head has a growth cycle. With male pattern baldness, this growth cycle begins to shrink and causes hair loss from the root. Eventually, the growth cycle breaks down, causing the follicle to protrude from the hair follicle.
4) Prolonged Illness or Medication
- A prolonged illness like Cancer, Thyroid can also result in hair loss, their medicines are strong and affect several hormones in our body. The doctor’s advice is suggested before you take any medicine or solution for Hair fall.
- Choosing the right shampoo for hair growth and thickness is even more essential if you are going through a severe hair fall, this is the indication that it is time to bring a healthy change in your lifestyle and start by decluttering all chemically infused Shampoos.
- Chemically infused shampoo can scrape the natural oils from your scalp leaving it dry which may also lead to Hair fall, Chemicals can be harsh to your scalp and clog pores.
- Our scalp needs vital blood circulation to promote good health, it needs something light so that the product does not sit on our scalp and gives ample amount of air to the scalp to breathe.
Tips to choose the perfect shampoo for hair fall
Here are some tips that you must keep in mind before you buy a Shampoo for Hair fall.
1) Buy a Sulfur free Shampoo (SLS-free shampoo)
Sulfur contained in shampoos is harmful to the scalp as they lather and scrape all the natural oil on the scalp. There are many shampoos on the market having it, look for shampoos which are sulphate and paraben free. They also disturb the pH balance of the scalp.
2) Know your Hair type
It is very important to know your hair type before you go shampoo hunting, there are different shampoos for different types of Hair and to be used for different reasons, do your study before you buy any Shampoo. There are 4 types of hair-
Hair follicle asymmetry gives Curl to your hair, as hair follicles play an important role in hair strengthening you should know your hair type.
3) Buy a clear shampoo
Clear shampoos are mild and help maintain the pH balance of the scalp, they do not make your hair frizzy and help if you have dry hair. High pH in the shampoo will make your hair frizzy and tangled, the static electricity will repel your hair strands from each other, this phenomenon is called frizz. The friction comes due to high alkaline will tangle your hair, damage and hair breakage. So, it is important to buy a shampoo that doesn't affect the pH of your hair.
4) Look for Shampoos with Natural ingredients
If you are suffering from hair fall then you must stay away from all the harmful chemicals. Choose a mild shampoo with natural ingredients and see the magic, you will notice a visible difference in your Hair fall pattern.
- Herbal Shampoos are made of natural ingredients without synthetic additives or surfactants, so they have fewer side-effects
- These are environmentally friendly and biodegradable
- They have less scope of irritating your eye or skin
The best shampoo for hair fall for you if you want to treat your hair fall and make your hair stronger, shinier and nourished should contain ingredients that contain all ingredients you require for your hair and are natural.
Anti-Hair fall shampoo for hair
Anti-hair fall shampoo protects the hair follicles from breaking and makes hair thick and durable. To get a better result we will advise you to use this shampoo for 60 days and within the course of this time, you will notice a change in your hair texture and hair fall.
Here we highly recommend the best DHT blocker shampoo from Mars by GHC available on the online store.
Ingredients this shampoo should contain-
This shampoo contains ingredients like Aloe Vera Extract, Watercress Extract, Argan Oil, Liposomal Caffeine, and Ceramides, let us get into the benefits of them.
1) Aloe Vera Extract:
Aloe Vera Extract is a good component as it helps in the reduction of dandruff, this can also resolve the issues of an itchy scalp. Aloe Vera repairs the dead cells and helps in the regrowth of hair follicles.
2) Watercress Extract:
Watercress extract is enriched with properties that can balance hormones and help in boosting the process of hair growth.
3) Argan Oil:
Argan Oil is known for moisturizing and nourishing the scalp leaving the scalp healthier which will eventually lead to less hair fall.
4) Liposomal Caffeine:
Caffeine is a good element in boosting hair growth, it also works as a natural DHT blocker.
Ceramide is an active agent that helps repair the texture of the hair, if you have damaged or dry hair this will help in treating the hair overall.
When should you visit a doctor?
If your hair loss is more than typical shedding or transitory telogen effluvium, you should see a doctor. Hair that falls out in clumps and leaves bald places, as well as hair that grows in patches, might be signs of an underlying health problem. If you want more assistance, see a dermatologist or primary care physician and discuss your symptoms.
You can check out our best shampoo for hair fall dermatologists recommended at Mars by the GHC website.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What causes rapid hair loss?
It can be caused by genes, changes in hormones, medical conditions, or just the natural process of getting older.
2. Does vitamin D Help hair loss?
New follicles may aid in hair thickness maintenance and prevent existing hair from falling out prematurely. Because of this, taking enough vitamin D may help with hair regeneration and growth.
3. What illness causes hair loss?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), autoimmune illnesses, pregnancy, hypothyroidism, anaemia, and skin problems such as psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis can cause hair loss.